• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further proof Heinrich is coming:
Sokratis had the 22 at Bremen, joins BVB and gets the 25, although the 22 is free.
Heinrich wore the 22 at Donetsk.

Also looks like we retire the 10 in the honour of cunt. Unless some Belgian guy decides to join us after all :D

Carbonox

Dat heat, where's me socks and sandals...

Cause it was on the way to where I was heading :(. Only started getting busy around 10 minutes from where I'm heading.

I get a new car on the 28th July and I cannot fucking wait to drive something other than this MINI.

You don't drink alcohol and you drive a mini?

Batigol

Banned
Further proof Heinrich is coming:
Sokratis had the 22 at Bremen, joins BVB and gets the 25, although the 22 is free.
Heinrich wore the 22 at Donetsk.

Also looks like we retire the 10 in the honour of cunt. Unless some Belgian guy decides to join us after all :D

Retiring his number would be almost as stupid as Malaga retiring Isco's.

It only makes sense for iconic players who symbolise a club, like Maldini or Del Piero.

It makes me rage with furiousness

Salvadora

Telegraph are reporting that Arsenal were going to sign Giroud even if Van Persie stayed.

So we didn't even attempt to find a replacement. Fucking fuming.

Prosinecki used to smoke 2 packs a day, but was still brilliant. I actually have a Portsmouth shirt with his name on the back.
Alas, we don't have brilliance with Szczesny.

Feorax

Telegraph are reporting that Arsenal were going to sign Giroud even if Van Persie stayed.

So we didn't even attempt to find a replacement. Fucking fuming.

Alas, we don't have brilliance with Szczesny.

That was always the official line wasn't it? That Podolski and Giroud were brought in to play with RVP, not to replace him?

Retiring his number would be almost as stupid as Malaga retiring Isco's.

It only makes sense for iconic players who symbolise a club, like Maldini or Del Piero.

It makes me rage with furiousness

Almost as stupid? Haha, it would be a lot worse.

That was just a joke, we're not retiring it. It could be that nobody chooses it, though. Reus, Blaszczykowski, Gündogan and Sahin stay with their old number and it could indeed be that case that Heinrich chooses the 22 if it happens.

Edit: Although it could still happen that someone tells Aubameyang that the 17 is Dede's and he goes for the 10 instead.

Let's play

BOaoBzaCYAAnqTC.jpg:large

Salazar

I reckon he'll say that of course we have negotiations underway for some transfers to improve the squad, and that, although these things are always delicate, we are confident*.

*Precisely, resoundingly, fuck-all.

GQman2121

Banned
Roma have received a bid from us for De Rossi. £10m-ish apparently.

Doubt they have any interest in selling. He seems to be linked with every club, every summer, and yet he continues to stay.

I'd be very surprised if he says anything about transfers at all other than to say we're "looking at our options".

I'd also be surprised if he says anything conclusive about Rooney.

kharma45

How come? I would go check out the S4 in the shop of course before putting the order through but sell me on it.

Bigger screen, newer, more flexible OS, pretty crazily feature rich. iPhone 5 is nice but I dunno, it and iOS 7 does little for me.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports

GO MOYES

Meier

Roma have received a bid from us for De Rossi. £10m-ish apparently.

Doubt they have any interest in selling. He seems to be linked with every club, every summer, and yet he continues to stay.
He was supposed to cost £30m + last summer. If Chelsea get him at all (let alone for some insanely cheap fee), I'll rage.

Salvadora

That was always the official line wasn't it? That Podolski and Giroud were brought in to play with RVP, not to replace him?
May have misinterpreted that a tad :p

We did the same thing with Cesc. We waited until the summer after to even try and find a replacement. Quite perplexing, really.

Tc91

Bigger screen, newer, more flexible OS, pretty crazily feature rich. iPhone 5 is nice but I dunno, it and iOS 7 does little for me.

That deal I posted further up the page, is that the best I'm gonna get? I don't wanna stick with EE I think the signal quality around my area is crap. I always get no signal on my iPhone 4.

I'm not too sure, my iPhone 4 just feels so out dated and sluggish. I've been looking at some Youtube videos of the S4 and it looks so smart.

Is there much difference in the apps? I guess you can get the majority of them on Android.

You can get many of the apps on Android, I don't know how you feel about mobile games but they're starting to migrate there too.

The features in the S4 are pretty crazy and the bigger screen is definitely a better advantage than the mini iPhone 5 screen. also, 1080p hnng.

Feorax

Ok, I'm convinced, Mkhitaryan is BVB bound.

I hope we don't go for another "10" now. I could see the argument for buying Mkh and pushing Coutinho out left, because Mkh is an exceptional player, but I'd really rather not see Coutinho out wide for the sake of an average attacking mid being brought in.

Suarez one flank, Coutinho behind striker, buy new winger for other flank.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Strange advert on mutv for a football boot called the hypervenom, in which a scorpions stinger protrudes from the heel and the studs are viper fangs.

I dont want to put my foot in that D:

GQman2121

Banned
He was supposed to cost £30m + last summer. If Chelsea get him at all (let alone for some insanely cheap fee), I'll rage.

He would definitely upgrade us at his preferred position. But he's no spring chicken. Given his age, I would rather have Alonso personally.

LTWheels

Ok, I'm convinced, Mkhitaryan is BVB bound.

I hope we don't go for another "10" now. I could see the argument for buying Mkh and pushing Coutinho out left, because Mkh is an exceptional player, but I'd really rather not see Coutinho out wide for the sake of an average attacking mid being brought in.

Suarez one flank, Coutinho behind striker, buy new winger for other flank.

Yeah with Raphael Honigstein twitting about it and Tony Barrett retweeting it, I'm convinced as well.

dc89

That deal I posted further up the page, is that the best I'm gonna get? I don't wanna stick with EE I think the signal quality around my area is crap. I always get no signal on my iPhone 4.

I think that's your phone son.

GQman2121

Banned
Get an Xperia Z, join us.

I'm going to get it on the 17th. Going to T-Mobile from Verizon too.

It was between the Z and HTC One. I like the One just fine, but the Sony phone is just as impressive, waterproof and just looks better. I've had HTC phones for the last three years so it'll be a nice change. A colleague visiting fro East Timor let me check his Z out a few weeks ago and I was taken by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom