• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends.

Some managers are quite amusing, and you occasionally get a good insight on footballing affairs. Wenger is quite good.

Mourinho was terrible on his return.

Moyes will sit there staring and grinning like a serial killer, will make on or two shitty jokes that the each member of the press will laugh at lest he leaps over the desk and plunges a hatchet through the bridge of their nose

Feorax

@honigstein: @Sky_StephanS has just reported live on air that Dortmund and Donezk have agreed the transfer.

There we go.

I'm stunned that Dortmund have apparently been able to sort this out with such a minimum of fuss. It's been horrendous from an LFC perspective as to how complicated and long winded this deal was supposed to be.

Wilbur

Banned
Willkiller's salt because we've got the best British coach of the new generation while a three time manager of the year can only get DoF at his club

There we go.

I'm stunned that Dortmund have apparently been able to sort this out with such a minimum of fuss. It's been horrendous from an LFC perspective as to how complicated and long winded this deal was supposed to be.

Its the price we pay for being out of the CL, especially for the 4th year in a row. Players like him would be stupid to sign up immediately, no matter what plans we have in place, as there was always the possibility of a more attractive club coming in for him.

I mean, be honest. What kind of moron would rather play for us than Dortmund when they'd be a guaranteed starter at both?

Bo-Locks

Why didn't he just say that in the first place?

He will not be sold.

Not my favourite choice, but hopefully it will put that question to bed.

Feorax

Its the price we pay for being out of the CL, especially for the 4th year in a row. Players like him would be stupid to sign up immediately, no matter what plans we have in place, as there was always the possibility of a more attractive club coming in for him.

I mean, be honest. What kind of moron would rather play for us than Dortmund when they'd be a guaranteed starter at both?

I completely agree, but surely the club should be able to see when a player is stalling for a better offer, and in Mkhitaryan's case, it was always going to come. Should have just walked away like we did with Papadopalous when it became apparent we were being taken for a ride.

Intriguing.

Muppet mode engage.

GQman2121

Banned
What's the deal with Sahin? Did Dort buy him back, outright? Or is it a loan from Real for the season? I know his contract is pretty lengthy, but I also can't see him ever playing in Madrid again.

Is Taylor hearing things? Ronaldo was never even mentioned, was he?

that face, you can't trust it

2wg355mpwhtzgiyv4835.jpeg

Meier

New rumor we are interested in Florian Thauvin from Lille (he's never actually played for them..got bought and was loaned back to Bastia). He looked very good during the U-20 WC.

Hmm.

Rooney is obv. not committed to staying at the club.

Difficult to say whether Moyes genuinely wants to keep him regardless or if it's just a public stance the club are taking.

Pretty standard presser otherwise. Moyes was pretty candid there saying signings won't be wrapped up anytime soon. I might cry. Also pretty much flat out dismissed he will stay away from Everton players.

Salvadora

Moyes was pretty candid there saying signings won't be wrapped up anytime soon. I might cry.

I really don't know why people expected otherwise.

Wenger talked about transfers last season, I think. He said that clubs/players intentionally leave it to the last minute to get the best deal. And factor in your new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom