• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know why people expected otherwise.

Wenger talked about transfers last season, I think. He said that clubs/players intentionally leave it to the last minute to get the best deal. And factor in your new manager.

Well you are right and we discussed before that with the new manager/staff things would be slower.

But muppetry is hard to contain.

I really don't know why people expected otherwise.

Wenger talked about transfers last season, I think. He said that clubs/players intentionally leave it to the last minute to get the best deal. And factor in your new manager.

I don't think giving transfer advice based on what Wenger said is going to make him feel happier.

Let's see, let's see, who is the next imaginary transfer target to get hyped over. How about Lamela?

Yeah Lamela is the one.

Dat left foot. I want him.

Was shocked to see Roma paid nearly €20m for him. We need to do some kind of deal with them where they can have Nani and some moneys for Erik. Erik with a k. I love him.

Man fuck that moth thread. And fuck moths. I would have posted stuff about how shitty they are, but then people started posting pictures of the creepy little cunts. Nope.

Let's see, let's see, who is the next imaginary transfer target to get hyped over. How about Lamela?

Fuck it. I'm done, what happens, happens.

Losing out of Mikh has put an entirely different spin on our business so far. Allow me to wallow in pessimism for a while but we've

Bought a keeper we didn't need
Acquired a 4th choice centreback to replace a departing player
Bought a 20 year old unknown
Not lengthened anyone's contracts
Balked at Papa's fee
Illori is seemingly dead in the water
Had no assurances regarding Suarez

Aspas is the only one I can see making a proper impact next season.

Just one journo somewhere in Germany who's desperate for a feel good story after Gotze dumped Dortmund.

Plenty of outlets are saying Liverpool are the team he wants.

And if it was done everyone would be saying it.

Its just logic, for me.

At first, it seemed like the only hurdle was the thrid party rubbish and agents' fees. Then Dortmund came in, and that was a crippling torpedo to the bollocks. They're a far more attractive team. Unless we offer him like double the wages of BVB, he'd be an idiot to forego playing in a better team, with a real chance of getting far in the CL

LTWheels

Yan Dhanda ‏@yandhanda 10m
OFFICIALLY A LIVERPOOL FC PLAYER!!!!!!!

Jerome Sinclair ‏@jeromeNo9 8m
Can Everyone welcome my boy @yandhanda to the Club , LFC's newest signing! Big things to come from him!

Looks like we have beaten Arsenal to sign this West Brom 'wonderkid'. He's 14 and already plays for the u16.

Salvadora

They're trying to reclaim their image as a gentleman's club, bro.
Ancelotti, the true gentleman.
He's their back up I would guess.

Probs reached out to him to test the waters. As you would expect the fool got overly excited and jumped in head first.

With Cavani possibly heading to PSG, and Higuain to Arsenal, we may see something.

I would have expected to hear something through the media, at the very least.

Peco

ibf8EE1O7HRFJ7.jpg

Three gold stripes confirmed. White would've been much better imo.

Oh shit there's also Baresi in it.

Why is Mirco Bergamasco in that picture?

Btw, the white adidas stripes are fucking horrible, like always.

GorillaJu

Yan Dhanda ‏@yandhanda 10m
OFFICIALLY A LIVERPOOL FC PLAYER!!!!!!!

Jerome Sinclair ‏@jeromeNo9 8m
Can Everyone welcome my boy @yandhanda to the Club , LFC's newest signing! Big things to come from him!

I fucking knew it!! Mkhitaryan was just a smoke screen for the real deal!

GorillaJu

That guys surname means stick.

Like the one up your ass? Why can't you be happy for us? We made the signing of the season and it's only early July.\

God look at that fucking cold hard stare. He looks like he could rip a man's eyes out without flinching. Tom Cleverley, you're next.

ibaxw8xRhssjvf.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They're trying to reclaim their image as a gentleman's club, bro.

Don't worry, when they run out of classy players to tempt they'll be back for him. They aren't going to start the season with Benzena as their only top (using the world loosely) striker.

dc89

Stolen but what the hell;

Moyes in 2004 - Rooney is not for sale
Moyes in 2009 - Lescott is not for sale
Moyes in 2011 - Arteta is not for sale

Salvadora

So nothing Moyes said changed much in regards to Rooney. The club wants him to stay and he wants to leave by the sounds of it.

I would be curious to see how United reinvest the money if he does indeed leave. I can't imagine he would be easy to replace (when playing well).
What's he saying now? Something stupid no doubt.

Antagonising him by calling him Shrek, and urging him to admit he hates Moyes and wants to leave. Usual stuff.

Zabojnik

You promised us, Zabo :(

I was led to believe that Henrik wanted Liverpool and Liverpool only. Guess not. :(

Take solace in knowing it will happen to others too. Jovetic to Napoli will be a tough one to swallow. :(((

Dortmund will be kings of the transfer season, as expected. Mikiteri is clearly better than Gotze, so they already have a better team than last year.

Turok_TTZ

Congrats on first place
We still have CR7, he isn't coming back to that sinking ship known as the S.S. Moyes United. Cr7 is the main goal scorer and will remain so unless Carlo decides to shake the system up.

I wouldn't talk mate. Instead of being concerned with madrid, shouldn't you be worried about manutd being relegated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom