• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

She's a complete attention seeker it was obv from her time on The Apprentice.

Don't understand why people give it to her.

I don't mean you specifically btw, more media outlets etc, although I guess the answer to that is obv.

Never heard of her.

But she was on about people name their kids after places or things.

Her kids are called India and Poppy.

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty 36s

Liverpool had no problem meeting fee, believed to be £21.5m, butI believe they never actually got chance to put their case to the player.

That's unfortunate. I'm sure if they had a chance to explain their history to him it would've swung it.

Clegg

I'm not going to laugh at Liverpool missing out on their top target when all United have done this summer is sign a 20 year old for £1m

Clegg

I'm glad for Dortmund though. Mickey looks like a very good player.

A Gundogan/Mickey/Bender midfield sounds sexual.

Tc91

Missed the Moyes conference.

Guess it was your usual PC.

Did anyone even ask him about Thiago?

Nope, half of it was about Shrek. Then he got asked about transfer targets and someone said apparently the journalist asked about Ronaldo.

Moyes: This club will always go for the best players

dc89

What a GIF.

stunnerb9jbl0py9t.gif

K1LLER7

Nope, half of it was about Shrek. Then he got asked about transfer targets and someone said apparently the journalist asked about Ronaldo.

Moyes: This club will always go for the best players
Linked with Thiago for over a month....ask no questions about a transfer :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
City, Chelsea and Spurs have all signed exciting central midfielders before United.

What's taking so long?

Pachimari

Seems like we have signed Illarramendi guys! :D

We'll play something like this:

Casillas

Carvajal - Varane - Sergio Ramos - Marcelo

Illarra - Xabi Alonso

Özil - Isco - Cristiano

Benzema

You can exchange Xabi Alonso for Luka Modric if you want.

Ushojax

Still can't believe we won the league so easily with only one quality midfielder.

It's the spine. RVP - Rooney - Carrick - Ferdinand - De Gea. No matter the shit that's slathered around it that spine is still strong enough to win any match.

BAE:

Asked about his future, he said: "When you spend seven years somewhere it is obvious you are happy there. I am not a man who likes to swap his team every two or three years and the club is a part of my world. I want to stay at Tottenham."

2EFC8985-D474-4D0F-826D-35A7D982C306-9712-00000EADC89693D8_zps6a40f4ab.jpg

BAE you just sit tight and refuse any transfer talks. I'm not ready to let you go.

L1NETT

City, Chelsea and Spurs have all signed exciting central midfielders before United.

What's taking so long?

There is still 2 months left?

Also, United walked the league with apparently a really awful squad. They don't need to buy tons of players.

Clegg

It's the spine. RVP - Rooney - Carrick - Ferdinand - De Gea. No matter the shit that's slathered around it that spine is still strong enough to win any match.

BAE:

BAE you just sit tight and refuse any transfer talks. I'm not ready to let you go.
Two fifths of that spine were pretty poor for large parts of the season. Rooney never really got going and Rio only started playing well in December.

We could score at will but then fell to pieces when teams started to pressure us. Signing Thiago would add a lot of creativity to our midfield but we'd still be lacking a physical presence.

Ushojax

Remember Ferdinand against Spurs last season? Times ticking away for him..

Remember the other 36 games? Bale shat on most defenders, against the rest of the league Rio was excellent. For me he was the most consistent CB, his instincts are still excellent. Bale only ravaged him because United had no midfield.

Blablurn

lol, kirchhoff, gomez and götze have to pay a fine for wearing those nike clothes : D

at least they will use the money for a good cause and give it to the flooding victims in east germany.

Salvadora

Remember the other 36 games? Bale shat on most defenders, against the rest of the league Rio was excellent. For me he was the most consistent CB, his instincts are still excellent. Bale only ravaged him because United had no midfield.

He'll be 35 this year, Ush. He hasn't got long left at the top level.

Rooney could be gone this summer too. That's a chunk of that spine gone right there.

Rightfully so. Adidas is an important sponsor, so wearing Nike clothes is not really acceptable. It's going to a good cause, so they shouldn't mind.

The Gomez fine is a joke, nobody would have cared for his cap if it wasn't for Bild. He should make them pay the fine.

dc89

Hmm...

I wonder if pro tennis is more demanding than pro football? In terms of, Murray has just played there, he probably has training tomorrow and then he goes again on Sunday. I guess football is every week for like 38 weeks, and tennis tournaments are once every now and then etc.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom