• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Look at this fake ass cunt that's pretending he likes football. I know more about Asier than he ever will.

Sorry for having a job, social life and other interests which prevent me from watching Youtube videos night and day?

Wut wut

I've heard that third party ownership is allowed in German football. That made it easier for Dortmund as well as CL football. It sounds like we never got past the third party problem or his agent to even begin negotiating with Shakhtar or speak to the player. They are selling him for only £20.5/21.5m as well, less than the £25m previously stated by Shakhtar and the amount Liverpool were prepared to pay.

Are we sure this third party thing is actually true? I haven't heard anything of it in German media. It looks to me like this was just a theory by English newspaper explaining why it takes so long to sign him.

Also I explained why he's "so cheap" this afternoon. Heinrich could have bought himself free at €22m (penalty to break his contract). In this case Donetsk would have gotten a few million less, BVB and Heinrich most likely tax/legal problems. So agreeing somewhere in the middle, around €25m, was the best thing for everyone involved.

LTWheels

Don't think his ban would carry over to Spain.

I believe that the FA can ask the Spanish FA to continue his ban. As it is biting which is quite serious, I can't see why they would not agree to it. It would look bad on the Spanish FA if they ignore the FA's request.

I thought it did, and that's why people thought he'd go cheap?

I believe that the FA can ask the Spanish FA to continue his ban. As it is biting which is quite serious, I can't see why they would not agree to it. It would look bad on the Spanish FA if they ignore the FA's request.

I think it's possible it could under the scenario outlined by LT but I know he had several games outstanding on his ban for biting in Holland when he signed for Liverpool and those didn't carry over.

pulga

Banned

You know nothing, Jon Snow

Its the fucking spanish fa. Consider him pardoned.

LTWheels

I think it's possible it could under the scenario outlined by LT but I know he had several games outstanding on his ban for biting in Holland when he signed for Liverpool and those didn't carry over.

The impression I'm under is that the football body of the country has to request it. On that assumption, I assume the Dutch FA did not ask the FA. Our FA want to make an example of Suarez regarding the seriousness of it; so I could see them theoretically asking the Spanish FA to up hold the ban. Otherwise it looks as if he is 'escaping the system'. The FA does not like to be made a fool of.

As said, it may be in our best interest if the ban does not continue over in Spain, as the ban could drive down the price??

Lightning

Banned
The impression I'm under is that the football body of the country has to request it. On that assumption, I assume the Dutch FA did not ask the FA. Our FA want to make an example of Suarez regarding the seriousness of it; so I could see them theoretically asking the Spanish FA to up hold the ban. Otherwise it looks as if he is 'escaping the system'. The FA does not like to be made a fool of.

As said, it may be in our best interest if the ban does not continue over in Spain, as the ban could drive down the price??
The FA asked the French league to continue Barton's ban which they did. Barton missed the start of season because of it.

Either way, if Madrid make a serious move for Suarez he will go. Liverpool should be bracing themselves for it now.

Reports are coming in that tomorrow Ajax is announcing that they are getting Bojan on loan from Barcelona, with the option to buy him next year.

elseanio

The FA asked the French league to continue Barton's ban which they did. Barton missed the start of season because of it.

Either way, if Madrid make a serious move for Suarez he will go. Liverpool should be bracing themselves for it now.

Barton's ban was more likely carried over because it was a loan deal.

JOAN WILAND HAS EXTENDED HIS CONTRACT WITH 3 YEARS. MEANING HE WILL STAY FOR KNOCKOUT ROUNDS OF CL, PREPARE MEHMAR AND ROBBERY

wilanddys5m.gif

johan_wiland_fc_koebenhavn_-_2011.jpg

Quoting images is dumb, everyone needs to experience him in full res

pulga

Banned
How can i bite over the internet?

He is the 2nd coming of Xabi Alonso.

Bark equating to having something substantial to say.

Which, apparently, you don't. The Alonso comparison is all over the press, even my cataract riddled great grandmother couldve told me that. What exactly in his game warrants the comparison?

FootballFan

Every time I load up fifa it keeps deleting my saved squads.

Sick of constantly moving Neymar, Llorente, Tevez :/

Never does that for me, there are two seperate files, online squads and custom squads.

When you do the transfers next time, go to your profile and save squads, make a new save file if you want. Then every time you want the custom ones you can go there and load that file.

And I can't remember what it's called but when doing kick off make sure that "live squads" thing is off. Can't remember what it's called.

Timurid

Bark equating to having something substantial to say.

Which, apparently, you don't. The Alonso comparison is all over the press, even my cataract riddled great grandmother couldve told me that. What exactly in his game warrants the comparison?

He was the reason why Real Sociedad were able to make the UCL. Also, he was very good at the U21 tournament last month.

Awesome pic:
n78fz65l.jpg

Also, we should make a FootieGAF version of The Contest. I have no idea why I'd do this to me but I've always wanted to take part and always miss those GAF ones lol

pulga

Banned
He was the reason why Real Sociedad were able to make the UCL. Also, he was very good at the U21 tournament last month.

So Ive read.

But seeing as youve been watching Sociedad matches and the U21, Id love more details on what makes him good. Is he a workhorse? Box to box? Has amazing long range passing? How good is his vision? Can he score goals? Stop telling me things Ive already read in the press.

Wilbur

Banned
Xabi Prieto and Inigo Martinez, motherfuckers. Nice to see Madrid with a few more Spanish players in their side, but Modric should come to United. Pls.

Murray match was pretty good, delighted for him and hope he beats Djokovic. Strangely confident he will.

Djok - Del Potro match was fucking brilliant. One of the best I've ever seen.

Slizz

Xabi Prieto and Inigo Martinez, motherfuckers. Nice to see Madrid with a few more Spanish players in their side, but Modric should come to United. Pls.

Murray match was pretty good, delighted for him and hope he beats Djokovic. Strangely confident he will.

Djok - Del Potro match was fucking brilliant. One of the best I've ever seen.

It was a solid 8+hr of really good tennis overall today.

Del Potro makes such ridiculous shots, though I think fatigue and his knee finally caught up with him in the later sets.

Messi

I bought some Blu Rays today. I bought

True Blood Season 5? its 5 I think.
Newsroom season 1
Boardwalk Empire season 2. I need more Michael Shannon goodness.

pulga

Banned
Well guys, I'm back at my hometown and some old and close high school buddies and I are gonna pop some shrooms today. Ive never done it, does anyone have any advice? Maybe some entertainment to recommend?

Batigol

Banned
Never does that for me, there are two seperate files, online squads and custom squads.

When you do the transfers next time, go to your profile and save squads, make a new save file if you want. Then every time you want the custom ones you can go there and load that file.

And I can't remember what it's called but when doing kick off make sure that "live squads" thing is off. Can't remember what it's called.

This works! Thanks man

Messi

Well guys, im back at my hometown and me and old, close high school buddies are gonna pop some shrooms today. Ive never done it, does anyone have any advice? Maybe some entertainment to recommend?

tumblr_m016pu8VoA1qfgzzvo1_500.gif

tumblr_lpovtvle2k1qbo8g0.gif

Enjoy, but please stay safe man.

Didnt really like Bronson. Hardy is phenomenal but the film wasnt great.

I agree, like so many (all) Refn movies it has good bits that are undermined by a lack of ability to weave together a plot or character arc. Not all movies need these things but having seen his movies it's clear to me that he doesn't understand them well.

Slizz

I agree, like so many (all) Refn movies it has good bits that are undermined by a lack of ability to weave together a plot or character arc. Not all movies need these things but having seen his movies it's clear to me that he doesn't understand them well.

And yet I still can't wait for Only God Forgives.

Wilbur

Banned
He's a wonderful visual stylist but since Drive went mainstream obviously he's now a big director, but everything else he's made is wildly unconventional. A director capable of greatness as opposed to a great director.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom