• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...

I wonder if pro tennis is more demanding than pro football? In terms of, Murray has just played there, he probably has training tomorrow and then he goes again on Sunday. I guess football is every week for like 38 weeks, and tennis tournaments are once every now and then etc.

Thoughts?

Football #1

LTWheels

Hmm...

I wonder if pro tennis is more demanding than pro football? In terms of, Murray has just played there, he probably has training tomorrow and then he goes again on Sunday. I guess football is every week for like 38 weeks, and tennis tournaments are once every now and then etc.

Thoughts?

It's hard to say. Their bodies are conditioned for a different kind of endurance from a footballer.

Hmm...

Thoughts?
I think it's a more demanding sport physically as well as emotionally.

Long games, often played in searing heat and then the travel all over the globe too.

Randdalf

Hmm...

Thoughts?

Yeah but in tennis tournaments players have to play matches, which often last longer than football matches + extra time, every other day during tournaments. Plus, it's not like pro tennis players only play at the majors, there's a bunch of smaller tournaments they participate in as well, you just don't hear about them as much.

Is Thiago that much better than Paulinho and Fernandinho who have arguably achieved more in their careers.

All 3 of them have achieved very little in their careers to date IMO, relative to other players at top clubs anyway.

No idea who is the best of them or not (for next season I sense it'll be Paulinho), Thiago is a very different player to the other two though.

Lunchbox

Banned
Rightfully so. Adidas is an important sponsor, so wearing Nike clothes is not really acceptable. It's going to a good cause, so they shouldn't mind.
Adidas is for chavs

Nike is more expensive and a status symbol. the 2 marios were just fitting in with cool people and wearing American to celebrate the 4th

Slizz

I gotta say it's close between tennis and football. I think I'll lean towards football because there is more riding from game to game.

Tennis is a bunch of small tourneys peppered in between 4 majors.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BOcETTqCUAAyqou.jpg:large

Ronaldo is back on!

Oh yeah, he'll be my own Tancredi from now on.

MiggyD been quiet lately?

Tbh I haven't even bothered to check his timeline...but I would assume so since he now puts most of his information out through ESPN articles.

The change of management/staff at the club has probably killed a number of sources for alot of journalist/"ITKs" too lol.

It's pretty clear Baines and Thiago are two targets...and at the moment they seem pretty attainable. Enough muppetry for the moment.

Clegg

Delaney says Mourinho and Mendes were desperate for Jose to get the United job. He thinks Jose would have broken his agreement with Chelsea if he was asked to take over from Frogie.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Seems like we have signed Illarramendi guys! :D

We'll play something like this:

Casillas

Carvajal - Varane - Sergio Ramos - Marcelo

Illarra - Xabi Alonso

Özil - Isco - Cristiano

Benzema

You can exchange Xabi Alonso for Luka Modric if you want.
What makes Illaramendi so good now that he is better than Khedira?

that lineup looks worse than what you had in that CdR tie at the camp nou.

Clegg

Miggy D also saying United had agreed personal terms with Sneijder a few summers ago but baulked over the fee his agent demanded.

Then Inter came back with an improved contract and Wes stayed. United came off better in the end though.

3Sixty

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 6m

Southampton met today Leandro Damiao's agent. Negotiations ongoing, but according to Sky Italy later in the day Napoli trying to hijack deal

Tanc plz

FootballFan

Doesn't work when you outstretch the borders of believability. At worst, we'll come third. At best, you'll come second. Going into the season with your best striker being Benzema :lol :lol :lol

Your fucking cuntfarm of a club is just about to milk the udder of Carlo dry before unceremoniously sacking him and going on about how the white of your shirt signifies class and purity, how the gold signifies class and royalty, how the font signifies class and bubbly at one with the people spirit.

Meanwhile your best player actively pines for a move to relegated Manchester United, your 'best' striker has hit the target less than an epileptic Elmer Fudd, and your best new signing will sit on the bench for a year wishing he'd never had his shirt retired.

Fuck Real Madrid.

A0NBSub.jpg

Can't wait for Neymar to destroy those fools and dedicate his goals to Messi in prison.

#FreeMessi

#MessiInnocent

Feorax

With Mkhitaryan off to BVB, that basically brings us back round to our original targets of Eriksen and Ben Arfa.

I would ideally prefer HBA, who actually plays on the wing, so we don't have to fuck up Coutinho by moving him left. Although fuck knows what doing a deal with Kinnear would be like...

LTWheels

With Mkhitaryan off to BVB, that basically brings us back round to our original targets of Eriksen and Ben Arfa.

I would ideally prefer HBA, who actually plays on the wing, so we don't have to fuck up Coutinho by moving him left. Although fuck knows what doing a deal with Kinnear would be like...

I've heard that third party ownership is allowed in German football. That made it easier for Dortmund as well as CL football. It sounds like we never got past the third party problem or his agent to even begin negotiating with Shakhtar or speak to the player. They are selling him for only £20.5/21.5m as well, less than the £25m previously stated by Shakhtar and the amount Liverpool were prepared to pay.

I think HBA is injured too much to consider.

Clegg

Times are saying Madrid want Suarez to be their marquee signing this Summer and will bid for him in the next few weeks.

Empty

i can't stop laughing at city and liverpool both getting gazumped on their main transfer targets

there's no way the world is that perfect though, we'll probably get done by bayern on thiago and moyes'll play jones in midfield

Feorax

Times are saying Madrid want Suarez to be their marquee signing this Summer and will bid for him in the next few weeks.

If we've missed out on Mkhitaryan, then I wouldn't be surprised if we went all Luka Modric on him. Can't afford to lose him, even if the fucker puts in a transfer request.

Also, Madrid won't want to pay his wages whilst he's banned, so expect a late August bid, which we'll ignore no matter the fee because we won't be able to get a player in in time.

FootballFan

The same Benz who put Farsa down last season? I am amused. And with Carlo Ancelotti, a lot of the problems introduced by mourinho will be EXTERMINATED.

Carvajal, Isco, and very soon Illaramendi! Madrid grow stronger by the days...
Farsa was lucky we faltered vs scrubs in la liga, especially since last season, farsa didn't register a win against us in the league. Now with a Xavi in decline, Pique doomed to be a scrub, Vilanova being found out as a one trick pony, and Mehssi unknowningly ostracizing the incoming nerman very soon... Madrid will have free reign in La Liga. Atletico only defeated us thanks to mou. Now we will return to spank Atletico and Farsa as we have done in the old days with Carlo at helm and Benzema and CR7 leading us forward.

Madrid's future is very bright.

These are bright signs for Barca supporters. With Turok's terrible history of predictions, we are as good as treble winners already.

If we've missed out on Mkhitaryan, then I wouldn't be surprised if we went all Luka Modric on him. Can't afford to lose him, even if the fucker puts in a transfer request.

Also, Madrid won't want to pay his wages whilst he's banned, so expect a late August bid, which we'll ignore no matter the fee because we won't be able to get a player in in time.

Don't think his ban would carry over to Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom