• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think that when people look back at this period of time in football, they'll only remember it as the time of Messi.

They'll remember Ronaldo but to really leap into the pantheon of greats you have to define a big big match.

Ronaldo hasn't really done that yet.

It doesn't help that he's in Messi's shadow though, his achievements look shit in comparison. Messi is the GOAT.

I haven't seen any of those other guys player, but still, Messi is the GOAT.

bud

This gave me a chuckle. Haven't read anyone doing a stoke in 2 years,

^ bud why do you ask?

because you have players like puskas and di stefano in your squad. i find it hard to believe that you've seen enough of them to make that judgement.

unless you are 75 years old of course
that'd make you older than footballfan

Scum

They'll remember Ronaldo but to really leap into the pantheon of greats you have to define a big big match.

It doesn't help that he's in Messi's shadow though, his achievements look shit in comparison. Messi is the GOAT.

If only Argentina had a worthwhile backline, I put them down for next year's World Cup.

Turok_TTZ

because you have players like puskas and di stefano in your squad. i find it hard to believe that you've seen enough of them to make that judgement.

unless you are 75 years old of course
that'd make you older than footballfan

Di stefano was already on that list I didn't add him in. Also, tapes, watch them.
I find it harder to believe peeps rate moore ahead of franco baresi. FRANCO BARESI.

Lunchbox

Banned
Di stefano was already on that list I didn't add him in. Also, tapes, watch them.
I find it harder to believe peeps rate moore ahead of franco baresi. FRANCO BARESI.

shut up granpa

------------andy carroll - Crouch
downing-henderson-djemba djemba-joecole
baines-carragher-terry-glen johnson
--------------------dudek

coached by kenny dogleash

Scum

shut up granpa

------------andy carroll - Crouch
downing-henderson-djemba djemba-joecole
baines-carragher-terry-glen johnson
--------------------dudek

coached by kenny dogleash

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

K1LLER7

He's shone in the Clasico's recently but I doubt he'll get the opportunity on the big stage again. I hope he does have that chance. He was great in the CL final against Chelsea, still remember that towering header he scored.The good days :')

He's unlucky to be playing in the same era of Messi. Messi's individual achievements would outshine most, yet still, Ronnie's able to compete and have people consider him better, even though most would rightly side with Messi.

bud

all i'm saying is: we can see players like ronaldo and messi every week in la liga, the champions league, the copa, international friendlies etc.; we can form an informed opinion about these players. when you start going way back 30, 40 or even 50 years, i think it becomes increasingly harder to name those players some of the best players of all-time based on a few videos here and there.

Scum

He's shone in the Clasico's recently but I doubt he'll get the opportunity on the big stage again. I hope he does have that chance. He was great in the CL final against Chelsea, still remember that towering header he scored.The good days :')

He's unlucky to be playing in the same era of Messi. Messi's individual achievements would outshine most, yet still, Ronnie's able to compete and have people consider him better, even though most would rightly side with Messi.

We just need big bids from Monaco for both of them. Messi + C. Ronaldo at their boyhood clubs. :O

Messi

Very glad to have gotten to see both Messi and Ronaldo in their primes live.

Also very glad to have seen peps 2010 Barca team live.

K1LLER7

Yeah but what I mean is when people look back at the greats they will remember these two and not much else. The casual football fan I mean.

I hope Iniesta is remembered too. Absolute joy to watch. Even against Brazil, it was like they would mark him with 3/4 players and try to get at him. He just brushed past players so easily.

Only player imo who has a similar level of ball control as Messi.

These two were just plain awesome.

Sometimes I remember Zidane and how incredible he was, he is more in memory than games watched, Roberto Carlos is too. It's surreal to me that I've managed to watch him live. Partly because I've only seen him in his prime when he was already on the top of the world.

I wonder if kids who grew up and found Messi as he is now feel the same way.

Fry

Zidane was amazing. I didn't see much of him live, but I saw a lot of recorded stuff.

Plus I played tons with him on Winning Eleven

Messi is goat. But Ronaldo still has plenty of game left and will be considered one of the best of all time.

It's just cool to hate him now, even though he sells more merchandising which is always this paradoxical shit.

Lunchbox

Banned
The only players I've seen in that list other than Messi are Maldini and Zidane, my word. Zidane.

modern players are more fit, tactically wise and improved overall. that fat coke snorting weirdo wouldnt be half the player he was in the 80s if he was playing now.

a modern 11 that can win with flair and a tuesday night at stoke-

--------------------------Henry 2003---------------------
-------------------------Cantona 96----------------
Bale 2012 - Roy Keane 98- Zidane 2001 - CR7 2007
ashley cole 2007- Vidic 2009 - Maldini 2002 - Cafu 2002
--------------------------buffon 1709

Timurid

modern players are more fit, tactically wise and improved overall. that fat coke snorting weirdo wouldnt be half the player he was in the 80s if he was playing now.

a modern 11 that can win with flair and a tuesday night at stoke-

--------------------------Henry 2003---------------------
-------------------------Cantona 96----------------
Bale 2012 - Roy Keane 98- Zidane 2001 - CR7 2007
ashley cole 2007- Vidic 2009 - Maldini 2002 - Cafu 2002
--------------------------buffon 1709

lol buffoon.

Messi

Messi is goat. But Ronaldo still has plenty of game left and will be considered one of the best of all time.

It's just cool to hate him now, even though he sells more merchandising which is always this paradoxical shit.

Messi has time to get better also. even more time infact.

Shagwell

Shagwell bro, when you want to go from Liverpool to Man Utd let me know. No shame in leaving Liverpool behind, success has.

Haha, mate I wish it worked that way! I'm stuck with Liverpool for life. Been a supporter since I was four fucking years old! I cried tears of joy when we won the bloody Worthington Cup back in..2002 was it? Can't even remember at this point.

My shameful truth is that I was a regular on RAWK for a while before I wised up to its laughability. Thankfully I've found my home here now.

Although once the season kicks off and we're shite and you all take the piss I don't know if I've got the balls to stick through it. Going to need a thicker skin I reckon.

Haha, mate I wish it worked that way! I'm stuck with Liverpool for life. Been a supporter since I was four fucking years old! I cried tears of joy when we won the bloody Worthington Cup back in..2002 was it? Can't even remember at this point.

My shameful truth is that I was a regular on RAWK for a while before I wised up to its laughability. Thankfully I've found my home here now.

Although once the season kicks off and we're shite and you all take the piss I don't know if I've got the balls to stick through it. Going to need a thicker skin I reckon.
Nobody here takes the United supporters serious anyway

Sunshine was really good, it's not a perfect film but it had its moments. Many moments actually, I'd have prefered if it was a little slow paced. Take a moment to watch space, a bit like 2001 and Moon. I really like it though. I love the credits song too, that I'll probably listen to a lot.

It's crazy how we choose, at any age actually. I take no pride of superiority for choosing United it was pure luck or maybe because they fit my character all too well. Anyway, I can't promise I won't mock Liverpool, I am sorry but sometimes it is a bit too funny.

As an Egyptian I'd have thought you'd have a much thicker skin than most here!

Nobody here takes the United supporters serious anyway

xAWF30b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom