• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 45m
SPORT frontpage tomorrow - "AGREEMENT with Man United. Thiago has decided to leave Barca to play 5 seasons at OT"

Loooooooool

They phrase it like it's a loan

He's LEAVING, bitches

Lunchbox

Banned
good ridance, thiago. your brother is better anyway.

dont worry, you got fabreShit to takeover from xavi's old crumbling legs, thiago wants the bright lights of salford

and this aint ArseAnal, so its 80 million if you want him back

----Fellaini-Carrick
Zaha-Thiago-Kagawa
---------RVP

When do we play in Japan?

Shinji is joining up then. Didn't he say he wouldn't take holidays or something?

July 20 something.

The plan was for Shinji to miss all of pre season like Chicharito, but Shinji wanted to cut his vacation time off in order to be with United in Japan. He feels he needs to be there because he's Japanese. I don't know why Chicharito is missing that. If I was a player and wasn't going to play, I would go just because it would be fun traveling to places I've never been to before.

FootballFan

Think the only thing that I like about it is the fact that there actually feels like a proper variety of goals scored. Some are scrappy, some are beauts, and some are just strikers' finishes. That's literally the only part of the gameplay that is somewhat reminiscent of actual football.

FIFA's goals feel so samey after a while, you know?

That is a fair assessment. I really enjoyed PES 2013. Chose Liverpool as my Master League team and purchased Higuain for 30 mil. Ronaldinho for 14 mil. Van der Vaart for around 17 mi. A new Goalkeeper and a Hummels for 35mil.

My first mission was to qualify for the Champions League, and it took me two seasons because Tottenham kept taking 4th(once on the last match day). In my 2nd season I made it to the Europa League final and lost 4-0 to Tottenham. The 3rd season I was eliminated by Ac Milan at the quarters of the Champions League. I then yet again failed to qualify for the Champions League but then finally managed to reach the Europa League final once more and defeated Roma 4:3 with a Ronaldinho Golazo in the 90th minute. That was nuts.

I did win one FA Cup also.

Pro Evolution is a game where playing 6-10 matches will not be enough to get a grasp on how all the systems function. One needs to dedicate much more time and effort to achieve decent results and create constant goal scoring opportunities. For example formations are a vital part of how a match turns out, see that the opponent uses 3 at the back, make sure to exploit that fact by using wingers. Play a high line, risk getting decimated with through balls. No striker a la Barcelona, good luck creating any decent goal scoring chances. Etc.

Fifa is great for what it is. An easy to learn pick up and play game where if you do also dedicate a lot of time to it, you can master it too. It's just that Pro Evo is not nearly as easy to get a foot in, it requires insane amounts of concentration, seriously. If you switch off in your mind while you are playing West Brom for example you will most likely concede. I believe Pro Evolution has improved greatly with PES 2013, through balls by the A.I. are a bit suspect though. Playing this game with 1 level pass assist and no Shot assistance makes it very rewarding when you pull off a great passing move and finish into the bottom corner.

1999-2006...PES was King
2007-2012...Fifa Ruled
2013-Future...No Clue, but hopefully we get two great competing titles, unlike this gen where one dominated the other faltered.

I want the man united fans to know, you are making me very sad. But please treat Thiago right.

You don't have to worry about us. It's Lavorpell fans you have to worry about. Just look at how they treat Shinji. And he's a saint.

tumblr_mpgetpsyb21r7jzw9o7_250.gif

July 20 something.

The plan was for Shinji to miss all of pre season like Chicharito, but Shinji wanted to cut his vacation time off in order to be with United in Japan. He feels he needs to be there because he's Japanese. I don't know why Chicharito is missing that. If I was a player and wasn't going to play, I would go just because it would be fun traveling to places I've never been to before.
Awesome. Shinji in Japan is gonna make us back all the Thiago money.

Apparently the players don't enjoy the trips cos they hardly get any time to do their own stuff. I kind of understand, it must feel like a school trip at times...but when you have limitless money and are 25 years old...that must be shit.

Also:

BObE0NqCUAAcg08.jpg

Messi

Awesome. Shinji in Japan is gonna make us back all the Thiago money.

Apparently the players don't enjoy the trips cos they hardly get any time to do their own stuff. I kind of understand, it must feel like a school trip at times...but when you have limitless money and are 25 years old...that must be shit.

Also:

BObE0NqCUAAcg08.jpg

theres that cheeky just took a shit in the ladies toilet face again. love it.

Scum

"Moyes given dreaded vote of confidence after highly charged draw against Liverpool!"
"Suarez faces lengthy ban after altercation with Moyes."
"He called me a Scottish cunt after I questioned his dived!" - Moyes
"I said 'Because the Scottish can't dive!' after he mentioned my dive. He misheard me." - Suarez

"Higuain sidelined for lengthy period. Star striker adds to Wenger's injury woes."

"Monaco ready €100m bid for Bale!"
"Monaco has always been my boyhood club.", says Bale.

"Training ground bust-up!"
"Pardew and Kinnear come to blows!"
"Pardew quits Newcastle!"
"Kinnear lined up as interim manager."

"I called that Meldrew fella a cunt. Club can do better without him!"

K1LLER7

O ma gawd

A week until Adnan lines up alongside RVP.

I remember reading Adnan's agent saying he will sit down with United to discuss a new contract and that Fergie wanted Adnan in the first squad, even giving him a shirt number for next season.

This was all before Moyes took charge, so they'll have to discuss it with him now.

Moysey, do the right thing!

Turok_TTZ

^^Looking @ moyes pic there, I'd wish him luck but I am not sure he would know what to do with it if he had any. Who knows? Maybe he will flop hard or be the next best thing in the EPL since Mou. No matter, I wish him luck anyways. Dude seems nice.

"Moyes given dreaded vote of confidence after highly charged draw against Liverpool!"
"Suarez faces lengthy ban after altercation with Moyes."
"He called me a Scottish cunt after I questioned his dived!" - Moyes
"I said 'Because the Scottish can't dive!' after he mentioned my dive. He misheard me." - Suarez

"Higuain sidelined for lengthy period. Star striker adds to Wenger's injury woes."

"Monaco ready €100m bid for Bale!"
"Monaco has always been my boyhood club.", says Bale.

"Training ground bust-up!"
"Pardew and Kinnear come to blows!"
"Pardew quits Newcastle!"
"Kinnear lined up as interim manager."

"I called that Meldrew fella a cunt. Club can do better without him!"
You forgot the most certain one.

"Taxi for Txixi".

Scum

------------------ Pele --- Messi ------------------

Cryuff --- Maradona --- Zidane --- Di Stefano

Maldini --- Beckenbauer --- Moore --- Cafu

---------------------- Yashin ------------------------

Sir Alex Ferguson

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Don't do this man, you are better than this.

You should watch some Barça B matches, he has been consistently good even with a shit coach like Eusebio. Can only get better at Celta with a good coach like Luis Enrique while gaining first division experience.

K1LLER7

Sir Alex Ferguson

No Ronaldo!

It's off boys.

Messi

You should watch some Barça B matches, he has been consistently good even with a shit coach like Eusebio. Can only get better at Celta with a good coach like Luis Enrique while gaining first division experience.

Oh I know he is good, but right now a comment like that reeks of. FINE I DIDNT WANT HIM ANYWAYS.

Turok_TTZ

------------------ Pele --- Puskas ------------------

Cruyff --- Maradona --- Zidane --- Di Stefano

Maldini --- Beckenbauer --- Baresi --- Cafu

Sir Alex Ferguson

my version. though i must say, dat obssession with 4-4-2s when it comes to world xi.

Elliot asked Best what he thought of Cruyff. “Outstanding”. “Better than you?”. George looked at the journalist and laughed. ‘You’re kidding aren’t you? I tell you what I’ll do tonight… I’ll nutmeg Cruyff first chance I get.”

What follows is Elliot’s description. “Five minutes into the game Best received the ball wide on the left. Instead of heading towards goal he turned directly infield, weaved his way past at least three Dutchmen and found his way to Cruyff who was wide right. He took the ball to his opponent, dipped a shoulder twice and slipped it between Cruyff’s feet. As he ran round to collect it and run on he raised his right fist into the air.”

Cryuff can suck a dick.

K1LLER7

Only received 9 votes. :-/

I find it quite puzzling that although Messi is regarded as the best ever by many, Ronaldo is the one who is rivalling him and has to play brilliantly in order to even be up there with him. Yet he never seems to get into the best XI teams.

FootballFan

-------------Henry----------

-------------Messi----------
Best------------------D.Step
--------Zidane---------------
---------------Makelele-----
R.Carlos--------------D.Alves
------Becke..----Puyol-----
-------------Kahn------------

Scum

I find it quite puzzling that although Messi is regarded as the best ever by many, Ronaldo is the one who is rivalling him and has to play brilliantly in order to even be up there with him. Yet he never seems to get into the best XI teams.

Eh? But Ronaldo doesn't play anymor- Ohhhh!
It's R9 not that fake arse CR7.

He will in time. People are always reluctant to say a person is greater than a person from the past when he's still playing.

Fry

Sir Alex Ferguson

Where is Schweine?

Randdalf

Ronaldo is better than Messi by virtue of the fact he can do it on a cold night in Stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom