• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
If we buy Iñigo Martinez, we'd be set for a long long time. He is the next Puyol. Batra+Martinez=yes pls. Pique is shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If it wasn't for Pique, Bayern would have scored at least 12 against you.

It would have ended 6-0, actually.

pique-own-goal.png

FootballFan

Btw Shagwell, I would hold on to your cash and just purchase PES2014 if you wish. I mean it is right around the corner. Just throwing that out there, as the current season is obviously over and the new PES will use a new engine and have an additional tournament available.

*Right around the corner = ~ 3 and a half months

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Maybe because you didn't watch Pique the entire season, what was Pique last good match with Barça... 2011? 2012? certainly not 2013.

Maybe because you didn't watch Pique the entire season, what was Pique last good match with Barça... 2011? 2012? certainly not 2013.

Stupid as it sounds, he played very well in the first leg against Bayern. He was the only player, along with Valdes if I recall, who actually did the jobh expected of them and was generally positioned correctly. Everyone else on the pitch was a joke in that match. So many Bayern attack ended with Pique clearing it, and being the only Barca player who showed any aptitude whatsoever for reading the most likely path of the ball before it was played.

pulga

Banned
So we got sold faulty funghi. Didnt feel a thing. Least we got our money back lol

Will be giving this another shot once I go back to CR.

Salazar

Im so happy he's stated his future is in Madrid. Should drive the annouiny United noise in here down a notch, thank the gods.

lol

His career trajectory is like returning to the opening dungeon in Oblivion and just killing rat after rat.

Into

Juvetic says: LOL no Napoli, Juve pls

Report: Jovetic rejects Napoli

There are reports Stevan Jovetic has turned down a move to Napoli, as the Fiorentina star continues to want Juventus.

Jovetic had been named as one of the potential replacements for Edinson Cavani if the €63m move to PSG goes through.

However, this evening Sky Sport Italia claim Jovetic rejected out of hand the opportunity to discuss terms with Napoli.

The article goes on to say that Napoli will go after Dzeko now instead. Why would Jovetic be interested in Napoli? He looking to at least challenge for Champions League and he can do that with Juventus, not with Napoli.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli are now linked with Dzeko/Gomez and Julio Cesar?

rafa-benitez.jpg

Juvetic says: LOL no Napoli, Juve pls

Report: Jovetic rejects Napoli

The article goes on to say that Napoli will go after Dzeko now instead. Why would Jovetic be interested in Napoli? He looking to at least challenge for Champions League and he can do that with Juventus, not with Napoli.

We've got them by the balls.
3AQmK.gif

GorillaJu

Im so happy he's stated his future is in Madrid. Should drive the annouiny United noise in here down a notch, thank the gods.

Remind me of this I saw today
iUbsSZgEQDgLa.jpg

The Ronaldo hate is so stupid. How much is Messi paying off the taxman now? 15m?

Suarez doesn't drink or party, never causes trouble off the pitch and spends time with his family - I guess that means everyone should love him, too? lolol

Daft logic. People remember players for what they do on the pitch as footballers, and how they conduct themselves there. Ronaldo (and Suarez) are petulant, sulky divas. If Messi, Ronaldinho, and Maradona are divas, they hide it well from public.

Into

Napoli are now linked with Dzeko/Gomez and Julio Cesar?

rafa-benitez.jpg

We've got them by the balls.
3AQmK.gif

Haha yeah!

It remains to be seen whether Fiorentina will pursue negotiations with the Partenopei, but at the moment the Montenegro international seems determined to wait for Juventus.

I hope he stays patient, if he really wants to join us, he should stand his ground.

Also that picture including Ronaldinho, Messi, Ronaldo etc, should include Zidane, and it should say "headbuts, nearly kills a man".

pulga

Banned
Suarez doesn't drink or party, never causes trouble off the pitch and spends time with his family - I guess that means everyone should love him, too? lolol

Daft logic. People remember players for what they do on the pitch as footballers, and how they conduct themselves there. Ronaldo (and Suarez) are petulant, sulky divas. If Messi, Ronaldinho, and Maradona are divas, they hide it well from public.

But is he actually a CUNT as most people love to ignorantly state ad nauseum?

Seems like much less of a cunt than the other offenders on the list.

And Suarez bites people and calls them negros ffs Dont even bring him into this, Ronaldo has NEVER done something as incredibly idiotic as the shit Suarez pulls.

Into

First i heard of these Vucinic rumors?

Russian media claim Zenit have a €9m deal for Mirko Vucinic, but Juventus sources point out they want twice that sum.

There are conflicting reports swirling around the Montenegro international striker today.

Not sure what to make of it

GorillaJu

But is he actually a CUNT as most people love to ignorantly state ad nauseum?

Seems like much less of a cunt than the other offenders on the list.

And Suarez bites people and calls them negros ffs Dont even bring him into this, Ronaldo has NEVER done something as incredibly idiotic as the shit Suarez pulls.

Hahaha oh my god, you think the word "cunt" actually has meaning.

Cute plug.

And it doesn't matter how bad or idiotic an action is. Nothing is more repulsive to sports fans than watching filthy rich, stupidly handsome and talented people who act like little girls, crying and moaning.

There are cunty players who are loved because they hide it well and have honest-looking faces. Its the way of the world.

Into

Well, I'd definitely sell him for €10-12m. (assuming we get Jovetic, of course)

Same, though i wonder if Vucinic is maybe the key to get Jovetic.

I still have hope we will get him and Fiorentina are just fucking around, trying to squeeze us for as much money as possible.

dc89

"Moyes given dreaded vote of confidence after highly charged draw against Liverpool!"
"Suarez faces lengthy ban after altercation with Moyes."
"He called me a Scottish cunt after I questioned his dived!" - Moyes
"I said 'Because the Scottish can't dive!' after he mentioned my dive. He misheard me." - Suarez

"Higuain sidelined for lengthy period. Star striker adds to Wenger's injury woes."

"Monaco ready €100m bid for Bale!"
"Monaco has always been my boyhood club.", says Bale.

"Training ground bust-up!"
"Pardew and Kinnear come to blows!"
"Pardew quits Newcastle!"
"Kinnear lined up as interim manager."

"I called that Meldrew fella a cunt. Club can do better without him!"

I'm alright with this. Nothing city related, this is good.

You forgot the most certain one.

"Taxi for Txixi".

FFS.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man, I found a tumblr goldmine.

Give us Marchisio.

tumblr_miwi26AuTG1qf8l1to3_250.gif

Same, though i wonder if Vucinic is maybe the key to get Jovetic.

I still have hope we will get him and Fiorentina are just fucking around, trying to squeeze us for as much money as possible.

Their whole mercato depends on them selling Jojo, they'll miss out on most of their targets if they delay this till August.

Clegg

Lions match starts in an hour.

Gatland has picked 10 Welshmen to play against Australia. Wales have lost their last 8 matches against Australia. We have a predominantly Welsh side playing a Welsh game plan against a team they haven't beaten with that game plan in ages.

Not confident at all.

dc89

Hmmm. It's a bit odd how we just send Richards and Sinclair on their own mini tour of Asia. Thailand yesterday, Indonesia today.

Salazar

Lions match starts in an hour.

Gatland has picked 10 Welshmen to play against Australia. Wales have lost their last 8 matches against Australia. We have a predominantly Welsh side playing a Welsh game plan against a team they haven't beaten with that game plan in ages.

Not confident at all.

shut up

FootballFan

Well guys, I'm back at my hometown and some old and close high school buddies and I are gonna pop some shrooms today. Ive never done it, does anyone have any advice? Maybe some entertainment to recommend?

Oh now I understand that Ronaldo post. Nevermind.

Lightning

Banned
I hope Australia win. It's the only reason I'm staying up!

Other than the Sydney Roosters have hammered St George in the league.

Clegg

The Welsh are proven failures against Australia.

Or rather the Welsh game plan has proven to be ineffective against Australia.

And I find it funny that O Driscoll has been dropped and Davies keeps his place when Davies was caught out of position and missed his tackle for Australia's winning try last week.

Kenka

L'Equipe reports that Monaco is interested in Basel's keeper Yann Sommer and that the first contact was made between the two clubs,

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto admits he has never heard of new team-mate Paulinho as the club prepare to announce the £17 million signing of the Brazilian midfielder.

“I don’t know what he looks like,” Assou-Ekotto told Goal. “I don’t know him, I don’t follow this kind of news.

“It’s like two or three years ago, Rafael van der Vaart was there in training one day. I said hello to him but I didn’t know he was Rafael van der Vaart.

“I don’t understand people who don’t understand me [not showing an interest in football]. Most people don’t go back home with their job and it’s the same for me.”

Assou-Ekotto will fly to Africa on Saturday to help the fight against the disease known as ‘river blindness’ in his homeland of Cameroon caused by black flies.

The 29-year-old will return to pre-season training later this month and believes Andre Villas-Boas’ side must get off to a better start than last year as they target a top four finish.

“The target is the Champions League because it’s the best competition in the world,” Assou-Ekotto added.

“I hope this season we will start the season from the first minute because last year we had a poor start and when you see the results at the end of the season, we missed out by one point.

“This season we will have to be at 200 per cent focus.”

lol this dude is the GOAT

Meier

30m. Someone educate me why he's worth as much as Xabi Alonso and Isco.
I watched every game of the U-21s to get my Isco fix and he was fantastic for Spain in the first two games of the group stage. He was a little bit less impressive over the final 3 games but was still very capable. I wasn't familiar with him coming into the tournament but left very impressed. He is definitely ready for a big move. €30m sounds like a lot to me but more and more teams are going to require teams to pay buyout clauses.

Kenka

He doesn't want to be a part of that national team, this is him training with them :

wiland33edps6q.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ZO6q3tQx0

Not his fault that Erik Hamren is as shit as he is, he has also been extremely unlucky constantly getting injured before national team matches, sometimes it has sounded like the club just faked it to get him to stay as he wasn't going to play anyway lol. Wiland is the best keeper we've had in years if not ever.

wilaaaaaaand3gsef.gif
lmfao. that keeper is a flying circus in himself.
Your explanations sound a bit biaised BUT I am ready to see past his miserable national career, and follow his next FCK games to see his ability for myself. If Sommer does leave for Monaco, Basel would need a similarly good keeper.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement for the transfer of Paulinho from Corinthians!

Paulinho: "I am very happy and excited to have joined Spurs. It's a huge pleasure for my career to be at a club as big as Tottenham."

BOexChwCQAE9qd6.jpg:large

Thank you based Levy x Baldini!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom