• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
We signed Thiago yet??

Yup.

BOcj1MQCQAE5xBn.jpg:large

Arnie

AFFC is half of the characters, many of the lesser ones and some new ones and it takes place straight after ASOS.

ADWD is split into two sections. Section one is the remaining cast of characters (most of the main ones) straight after ASOS. Section two is every character from the ending point of AFFC. It's titled 'after the feast'.

Clegg

I was happy about that but it happened it a really shit way I thought, he choked? Come on...

Started AFFC last night. What's this I've heard about it being half the plot with the other half taking place in ADWD? Anyone know?
ASOS spoilers

He didn't so much choke as he was poisoned. I'm pretty sure Margaery Tyrell's grandmother slipped poison in his wine/apple

AFFC focuses on events in King's Landing and Dorne.
ADWD focuses on what's happening on The Wall and in Essos.

AFFC is half of the characters, many of the lesser ones and some new ones and it takes place straight after ASOS.

ADWD is split into two sections. Section one is the remaining cast of characters (most of the main ones) straight after ASOS. Section two is every character from the ending point of AFFC. It's titled 'after the feast'.
Thanks guys.

Suppose that's inevitable considering how many story lines they are.

Messi

He wearing our old kit. SPORT aren't really reliable are they?

I want to hear news of him being at the airport, on his way to Manchester for a medical.

Its like the Mirror or the Sun, I don't trust it but the deal will happen.

Fuck Rugby and GOT spoilers.

K1LLER7

Its like the Mirror or the Sun, I don't trust it but the deal will happen.

Fuck Rugby and GOT spoilers.
The longer it goes on, the less likely I think it'll be.

We need to get it wrapped up before the team goes on tour this wednesday. I want to see him in pre-season Moysey.

I just think the clubs with new managers are going to slower to market than the others. Moyes pretty much said so at his presser. It'll happen, just latter than we've come to expect.

K1LLER7

I just think the clubs with new managers are going to slower to market than the others. Moyes pretty much said so at his presser. It'll happen, just latter than we've come to expect.
Moyes and his damn holidays :(

He said he'll try to get players in before the tour starts. Also, if things are in place, he'll look to get players in ASAP.

Salvadora

United won the league at a canter last season. You've got a title winning squad.

Midfield needs to be strengthened, sure, but it's not like you're crying out for reinforcements.

Slizz

United won the league at a canter last season. You've got a title winning squad.

Midfield needs to be strengthened, sure, but it's not like you're crying out for reinforcements.

True, but there are some positions that need strengthening due to aging players.

We're not Manchester City. You can't stand still in this league when everyone else is scrambling to improve. Our wingers' output was disastrous last year and our CM position needs a serious overhaul.

We should get Baines and Thiago. That's already a good upgrade in areas we were weak in last season.

I'm not worried, yet.

If 2 weeks go by and we haven't made moves then it'll be time to ask questions.

Salvadora

True, but there are some positions that need strengthening due to aging players.
Agreed.
We're not Manchester City. You can't stand still in this league when everyone else is scrambling to improve. Our wingers' output was disastrous last year and our CM position needs a serious overhaul.
You've been linked with CMs all summer, it's going to get sorted.

No-one expects you to stand still, but people here need to lessen their expectations.

We should get Baines and Thiago. That's already a good upgrade in areas we were weak in last season.

I'm not worried, yet.

If 2 weeks go by and we haven't made moves then it'll be time to ask questions.

I still think we need a new, talented winger. It's possible Moyes might turn Valencia and Young around but I don't entirely trust that he will. Zaha's too raw to be completely relied on next season.

K1LLER7

I'll be happy with Baines and Thiago.

LB that's currently the best in the PL(?)
CM that has huge potential.

However, we'll definitely need to replace Rooney if he leaves.

A winger would be a bonus but I doubt we'll sign another winger after Zaha comes in. Valencia/Young/Nani can't possibly have a repeat of last season.

Also, Welbeck did well when asked to play out wide. I want to see Moyes use him more.

I'll be happy with Baines and Thiago.

LB that's currently the best in the PL(?)
CM that has huge potential.

However, we'll definitely need to replace Rooney if he leaves.

A winger would be a bonus but I doubt we'll sign another winger after Zaha comes in.

We'll have to if Nani leaves. No two ways about it. We're not doing another season of Welbeck on the fucking wing. I won't accept it.

K1LLER7

We'll have to if Nani leaves. No two ways about it. We're not doing another season of Welbeck on the fucking wing. I won't accept it.
Welbeck did well out there imo. Was our best player against Madrid in the CL games. He puts an effort in and isn't scared to run at players. He does need to work more on his final ball.

He'll have to up his game in those positions because I don't see him getting time up-front ahead of Chicha and RVP.

We're sorry guys but our princess is in another castle now.

21458.jpg

We should've listened to you Yurt-chan :'(

Welbeck did well out there imo. Was our best player against Madrid in the CL games. He puts an effort in and isn't scared to run at players. He does need to work more on his final ball.

1. As a point of fact he did not do well out there. He did not beat men, he did not put in good crosses.

2. He did not really play on the wing against RM in the match he scored.

I still think we need a new, talented winger. It's possible Moyes might turn Valencia and Young around but I don't entirely trust that he will. Zaha's too raw to be completely relied on next season.
I think so too but it's unlikely we can address all the issues in one summer.

CM is top of the list. I still think we need 2 signings there.

Meier

I went to the DM football page and am still shocked at that Moyes suit photo. It's absolutely one of the worst I've ever seen. How did someone not stop him? Everything about it is awful.

Clegg

Andy Mitten article.

Before a Manchester derby in 2000, City players ran as a group to the gates of United's training centre and did what has been described as a "haka" to try and exorcise the red demon in their midst. They lost the next day at Maine Road. Beckham, 1-0.

Massive.

K1LLER7

Thiago, Carrick, Ando, Cleverley, Giggs.

We need a Defensive Mid. Strootz would be perfect but that move has died down.

-----
Bartoli's got this Wimbeldon final

Thiago, Carrick, Ando, Cleverley, Giggs.

We need a Defensive Mid. Strootz would be perfect but that move has died down.

-----
Bartoli's got this Wimbeldon final
It won't surprise me at all if Fletcher/Jones are gonna be the cover.

I'm expecting Anderson to leave though.

D_prOdigy

I want to see Powell starting to be bedded in.

But yes, if we do sign Thiago, ideally we would go after a more senior CM too.

K1LLER7

1. As a point of fact he did not do well out there. He did not beat men, he did not put in good crosses.

2. He did not really play on the wing against RM in the match he scored.
He was everywhere in that Madrid game. They couldn't handle him. Also, he was great at carrying the ball forwards. Something we've missed with our wingers being in shit form.

Give him more time and he can be top player imo.

It won't surprise me at all if Fletcher/Jones are gonna be the cover.

I'm expecting Anderson to leave though.
Rumours Southampton want Ando on loan.

I don't want to see Jones in CM again. It just sets is up to be more defensive. I want to see us try and control games against the top teams. We will definitely need a better midfield for this though.

Also, we need a faster transition between defence and attack. But we should avoid having our defenders just lump the ball up to the strikers/wingers and most of the time, lose the ball. This happens so often.

In addition to Thiago and Baines, I think we should be getting a midfield destroyer and a winger. I see no reason why this should not be attainable on our budget plus player sales (Ando, Nani and maybe Rooney).

He was everywhere in that Madrid game. They couldn't handle him. Also, he was great at carrying the ball forwards. Something we've missed with our wingers being in shit form.

Give him more time and he can be top player imo.

Yes but as a striker, not a winger. He didn't play as a winger that much versus Madrid. He spent most of the time marking Alonso.

Clegg

Another interesting bit from Andy Mitten on how United conduct themselves in the transfer market.

I’m at the Wyscout forum in Barcelona, one of the very few journalists present. One hundred of the world’s leading clubs are here, with 300 agents who pay €10,000 a year to be a member of this little known group who hold these exclusive events. Money that buys the agents access to clubs to do deals, a kind of speed-dating for transfers in the cloak and dagger world of player sales.

City, Chelsea, Benfica, Liverpool, Juventus all use Wyscout. Most of the big South American clubs too. United don’t. United keep themselves to themselves, it’s their style. Negotiate on their terms. Deal with people on their terms.

Write a letter outlining a grievance and the club will deal with it. Go to the media first and publicise it and the club don’t want to succumb to what they see as public blackmail.

Clegg

Just been reading up on Siqueira.

Apparently we've scouted him before and Barca expressed interest in him before they signed Alba. Valencia and Athletico bid for him in the past too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom