• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Everytime the guy subtitled the laughs I just kept thinking of Fry.

Sorry, Fry.

ibyzQD2gtkdkZ3.JPG

Blablurn

Hahaha, I fucking love you. I didn't even realize that. I'm terrible with image resizing and shit, please someone make an avatar out of it for me please (Or just add Klopp's smiling face on the current one) :D

(quoted for the new page)

I got this old avatar from BayernGAF lol. Bla had it with a Bayern shirt on, someone made the annoyed Klopp out of it and added the Pöhler cap. I then took the avatar to show that Klopp is not amused with our transfers so far :D. Changing it to the smiling Klopp would be awesome as fuck.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390648

try it there, those people are magicians

GorillaJu

Borini may have saved himself with his performances from the bench in the last month of the season

His first months were pretty bad, then he got a big injury, then he came back and got another bad injury, but he was pretty good when he came back from that one.

Rodgers needs to play him up front though. He isn't a wide-forward, let alone a winger.

Look at how muh better Henderson's been since he's been played in his actual positions, hopefully we'll see something similar from Borini

@Milch, that pic is eerily similar to your avatar. Or is that where you got the avatar idea from?

I think Borini is best out wide for now. He may eventually start up front, but he needs to prove that he's ready for that first. We'll see what happens, Borini is neither here nor there for me at the moment, but I do really want him to succeed. Would love to have a good Italian goalscorer at Liverpool.

K1LLER7

BarcaStuff
"If Barcelona and Man Utd can't find a deal, Thiago will look for another team to join as he has decided to leave. Bayern an option. [sport]"

Barca, just let him go already.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BarcaStuff
"If Barcelona and Man Utd can't find a deal, Thiago will look for another team to join as he has decided to leave. Bayern an option. [sport]"

Barca, just let him go already.

Perfect, Pep needs a ball playing centre-half.

dc89

dc, how good is Karim Rekik? Eredivsie level you think?

He's a decent prospect. Made a first time appearance in the Premier League last season. Mancini obviously had a some faith in him to play ahead of Kolorov and Clichy.

I think he then went on loan for the 2nd half of the season. I may be wrong with that though.

Zabojnik

What is the last genuinely funny american comedy (movie)? Before Judd Apashit & his unfunny bunch of actors took over Hollywood?

United may not be worried if Rooney attempts to run down his deal, but they will be if he decides to act up. Which he might.

Rooney has a lucrative brand to look after. Acting up would cost him.

Just look at how his agent has been running around newspapers trying to get them to print stories about how he hasn't handed in a transfer request.

What is the last genuinely funny american comedy (movie)? Before Judd Apashit & his unfunny bunch of actors took over Hollywood?

I quite liked Superbad. The Hangover is overrated as fuck. Pineapple Express was alright. Horrible Bosses was okay. Me, Myself & Irene is the last one I genuinely love and can rewatch I think

Salvadora

Just look at how his agent has been running around newspapers trying to get them to print stories about how he hasn't handed in a transfer request.

It's pretty clear from that press conference that he isn't committed to the club.

I wouldn't rule out anything.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I loved Horrible Bosses.

I don't like American comedies that much anymore, give me Hot Fuzz any day of the week.

Scum

Arsenal on season long loan. £5m option to buy.
Spurs on season long loan. £4.5m option to buy.
PSG. £22m + £3m in add-ons.
Monaco. £50m.

K1LLER7

Beautiful.

Rooney won't act up. He'll be too scared. What's he gonna do?
Yeah. The only thing he can do is go public and state that he's handed in a transfer request. Doubt he'll do that.

GHunters keeping quiet on the Thiago transfer. Doesn't he live next door to his father? Pretty sure he'll be the first to see the Alcantara family leaving to Manchester with suitcases in hand.

Yeah. The only thing he can do is go public and state that he's handed in a transfer request. Doubt he'll do that.

GHunters keeping quiet on the Thiago transfer. Doesn't he live next door to his father? Pretty sure he'll be the first to see the Alcantara family leaving to Manchester with suitcases in hand.
I think the whole Isco turnaround has cooled him down.

I get the sense G Hunter is a bit of a hype man tbh. Sid Lowe is more sensible.

Strax

Nothing special, at least Hafnarfjodur is 1-0 up :). Still a good game, both teams are really going for it. Some hard challenges, good chances on both sides and solid allround play. Not able to watch the Icelandic league often, but I'm always impressed with the quality of the league.

The Icelandic PL will never be better because all good players are sold abroad so young. If you are really good at 15-20 you'll go to England, Holland or Denmark, if you are a late bloomer (21-24) you go to Norway, Sweden or Denmark. The last step is coming back to Iceland (30-35) and become the a top 10 player in the PL.

Right now the IPL has 5 players that have played in EPL

Brynjar Björn Gunnarsson
James Hurst
David James (THE David James)
Hermann Hreiðarsson
Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson

Pitch Perfect, Bridesmaids, were ones I actually laughed at. Probably because good female based comedies are far and between.

Oh and if you want to include animation; Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs

Any idea about that guy Laboured quoted? Works for the Guardian.

Remember Hunter saying that Negredo was set for City too.

He's gone quiet ever since Lucas Moura lol
He's their north west football correspondent. Took over from Daniel Taylor.

Never really broke any stories. He's basically a mouth piece for the clubs so he just reports whatever they tell him, it seems like.

The Icelandic PL will never be better because all good players are sold abroad so young. If you are really good at 15-20 you'll go to England, Holland or Denmark, if you are a late bloomer (21-24) you go to Norway, Sweden or Denmark. The last step is coming back to Iceland (30-35) and become the a top 10 player in the PL.

Right now the IPL has 5 players that have played in EPL

Brynjar Björn Gunnarsson
James Hurst
David James (THE David James)
Hermann Hreiðarsson
Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson

How is Alfred Finnbogason? We are linked with him today, he has very impressive goal scoring numbers but that means shit in Holland.

fuenf

Hahaha, I fucking love you. I didn't even realize that. I'm terrible with image resizing and shit, please someone make an avatar out of it for me please (Or just add Klopp's smiling face on the current one) :D

(quoted for the new page)

I got this old avatar from BayernGAF lol. Bla had it with a Bayern shirt on, someone made the annoyed Klopp out of it and added the Pöhler cap. I then took the avatar to show that Klopp is not amused with our transfers so far :D. Changing it to the smiling Klopp would be awesome as fuck.

Holy SHIT that's awesome :D (I made the original one)

Peco

I'm not saying you should watch the whole movie, but the party scene with Sam J. Jones in Ted is pretty good.

xandaca

I think Borini is best out wide for now. He may eventually start up front, but he needs to prove that he's ready for that first. We'll see what happens, Borini is neither here nor there for me at the moment, but I do really want him to succeed. Would love to have a good Italian goalscorer at Liverpool.

If his time at Chelsea's anything to go by, he's really not suited to anything else. He's a poacher who'll get in the right positions to score but not do a whole lot of running or build-up work. As long as he's got decent enough service, his skill should be in finding the right positions to tap them home. Maybe his game changed at Roma, but I can't see what he'd have to offer out wide.

fuenf

Hot Fuzz is amazing.

Btw. I finally saw Man of Steel yesterday, a mate was in town and to my surprise the late showing was once again on the best screen in town. So everything turned out fine.

I loved the movie, a documentary about Superman -fantastic. I take this over the Marvel all-smiles-shit any day of the week. It's probably my favorite blockbuster of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom