• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
382511_670442899649938_1696981290_n.jpg

Makes me happy. Hopefully we will have a defence next season so his stats are not as skewed 8)

Godzan.

Timurid

Barca are going to give Roma €32 mil for Marquinhos. He is only 19 btw and Roma signed him for only 5 mil. Great business for Roma.

D_prOdigy

I always had it in my mind that clubs were forbidden from being in contact with other players over personal terms before their respective clubs had accepted an official transfer bid and given permission.

But given all the noise about United and Thiago hammering out terms before an official bid had even been made to Barcelona, I guess this rule doesn't exist?

Strax

How is Alfred Finnbogason? We are linked with him today, he has very impressive goal scoring numbers but that means shit in Holland.

"If Finnbogason had more pace he'd be top 50 striker in the world but he runs like a 35 year old. I can see him play for Swansea or Liverpool next season maybe. "

I said this about him in March.

rodvik

The Icelandic PL will never be better because all good players are sold abroad so young. If you are really good at 15-20 you'll go to England, Holland or Denmark, if you are a late bloomer (21-24) you go to Norway, Sweden or Denmark. The last step is coming back to Iceland (30-35) and become the a top 10 player in the PL.

Right now the IPL has 5 players that have played in EPL

Brynjar Björn Gunnarsson
James Hurst
David James (THE David James)
Hermann Hreiðarsson
Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson

David James commitment to football is impressive. I gess according to Wikipedia he is still playing mainly to learn the coaching ropes? Very cool.

uzit88

OMG a football thread!

United need to move in a get the central midfield sorted :/ other then Carrick...its dire D:

What is the last genuinely funny american comedy (movie)? Before Judd Apashit & his unfunny bunch of actors took over Hollywood?

By release it would seem that the last one I really enjoyed is The 40 Year Old Virgin.

But all time favourites has to be The Big Lebowski and Office Space. Didn't care much for Horrible Bosses.

Wilbur

Banned
What is the last genuinely funny american comedy (movie)? Before Judd Apashit & his unfunny bunch of actors took over Hollywood?

I really like the Anchorman - Dodgeball - 40 Year old Virgin films. But most recently, 21 Jump Street was a massive surprise

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hmmm

SO Gomez only wants Fiorentina and Jovetic only wants Juve.

Come on you cunts. It's not even a saga, what is this?

Wilbur

Banned
And Horrible Bosses was great. Every cast member absolutely elevated that film.

Going to see SOTD - Hot Fuzz - World's End in a row on the 18th. Hype.

Zabojnik

I really like the Anchorman - Dodgeball - 40 Year old Virgin films. But most recently, 21 Jump Street was a massive surprise

I like Steve, I've been meaning to give 40YOV a go. 21 Jump Street is exactly the kind of comedy that does absolutely nothing for me. Wasn't terrible by any means, just ... ehhh.

According to Sammer, Gomez only wants Viola.

Sorry Rafa.

This pretty much confirms that he's moving to Firenze because his wife demanded it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
At a bar in shoreditch.

Someone save the highlights.

Tell me when he dons.

I like Steve, I've been meaning to give 40YOV a go. 21 Jump Street is exactly the kind of comedy that does absolutely nothing for me. Wasn't terrible by any means, just ... ehhh.

This pretty much confirms that he's moving to Firenze because his wife demanded it.
WHAT

Go watch 40YOV *NOW*

Edit: lol I dunno why and how Arnie is involved in this but he can stay in my post.<3

faridmon

Anyone saw Now I see You? That last twist was literately the dumbest twist I have ever witnessed in a movie and beat the Shutter Island twist.

Clegg

United's newest signing, Guillermo Varela, is starting for Uruguay against Spain in the U20 WC.

The game is on Eurosport right now.

Yen

Why have the Liverpool rumours completely dried up since the traitor moved to the other club?

I have a bad feeling that we didn;t really have any alternatives lined up, and all of our moves for the other targets (in more important positions tbh) have stalled.
Who is the traitor? I'm out of the loop

Clegg

Who is the traitor? I'm out of the loop
Mikhitarian.

Even if United sign Thiago we'd still need another midfield signing. Someone who could break up opposition attacks and screen defence.Carrick is pretty good at this but we need him a bit further up the pitch.

But since we're unlikely to play with three in midfield Carrick/Thiago will be the main partnership next season. Tbf Thiago isn't averse to putting in the odd tackle either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom