• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arturo Vidal is going to be in FIFA 14 cover here in South America.

zlZ4zn2.jpg

Superior cover confirmed.

Clegg

Hadn't even thought of him. We'd be in a fight with City though.

2nd youngest player to score 100+ goals for Madrid
I think Higuain is a decent striker. But we have to remember that he's playing in a league where 75% of the opposition just roll over for Madrid.

His record in the Champions League is 8 goals in 30 games. That's just not good enough for a poacher. He doesn't add enough to the team to make up for his lack of goals either.

jtb

Banned
Higuain for 27m is fine value imo. The market is inflated these days, none of the other options at similar prices are as proven/low-risk as he is. He won't be on huge wages either. We need someone who can score goals, and Higuain can do that.

fuenf

I just found a nest of the roaches. No idea if those are alive (because I sure as hell won't touch them), but holy fuck are there many (dead?) roaches. Holy fucking shit. I never noticed that since I don't cook. Holy fucking shit. Please let them be dead. I wish they sold that toxic/deadly shit that they sell in the US. But wow...so many roaches. Fuck.

WTF... I thought you already had an exterminator over there?

And take a picture.

pulga

Banned
I think Higuain is a decent striker. But we have to remember that he's playing in a league where 75% of the opposition just roll over for Madrid.

His record in the Champions League is 8 goals in 30 games. That's just not good enough for a poacher. He doesn't add enough to the team to make up for his lack of goals either.

I love how being vastly superior is confused with "rolling over". Not our fault you guys cant even beat Athletic.

Which record are you trying to beat? The ones in Silverstone I've not tried very hard for.

The SIlverstone ones. It was a struggle getting Silver in Stages 2-4, I can't come close on Stage 1.

Got 2:34 first time in the Main Event, finding it hard to improve on it, but I've only tried 3 times. Nice of them to include the hardest corners of the track in the running start :p

What wheel do you have? I'm using the Logitech GT Force

The Gaf TLoU tournament starts in an hour I think if anyone's up for it

The SIlverstone ones. It was a struggle getting Silver in Stages 2-4, I can't come close on Stage 1.

Got 2:34 first time in the Main Event, finding it hard to improve on it, but I've only tried 3 times. Nice of them to include the hardest corners of the track in the running start :p

I'm using the same wheel. Was going to grab the G27 but waiting to hear if it works on the PS4 or not.

What tournament? Edit: nvm.

Salvadora

I think there's a point in which you move beyond the La Liga excuse. The record speaks for itself.

His international form is fantastic, too.

I'm using the same wheel. Was going to grab the G27 but waiting to hear if it works on the PS4 or not.

What tournament? Edit: nvm.

Do yuo find it annoying that the Start button is on the wheel as opposed to the base? Sometimes I spin out, and its a pain trying to prod at the Start button while the wheel is jerking around like Kagawa in a wind tunnel

FootballFan

I got a 2.23.400 on the full track, it is so frustrating. For better times, I suggest turning off the driving line and all assists (except ABS, leave that at 1). TCS at 0 is vital. For a 3rd try that time is not too shabby, what did sleeping get?

I got a 2.23.400 on the full track, it is so frustrating. For better times, I suggest turning off the driving line and all assists (except ABS, leave that at 1). TCS at 0 is vital. For a 3rd try that time is not too shabby, what did sleeping get?

Why aren't you on my Friends Leaderboard?

I have about 10 on the Stage 1 Leaderboard, Sleepless is alone on Stage 2-3 and the full lap, and there's nobody on the Stage 4. Is it glitched?

Sleepless got 2:28

Do yuo find it annoying that the Start button is on the wheel as opposed to the base? Sometimes I spin out, and its a pain trying to prod at the Start button while the wheel is jerking around like Kagawa in a wind tunnel

It's definitely not the most ideal spot to have it but it never really bothered me as much. I usually wait until the car has finished spinning.

Why aren't you on the list? FF pls don't cheat :p

Clegg

I was a big fan of GT 5. Played it an awful lot until one day I couldn't find the disc.

No fucking idea where it could have gone.

Zabojnik

Bros, how much do you spend on food per month on average? Been reading that "10$ to eat for a week" thread and I realized I probably spend too much on food. Probably like 300-400 EUR.

Clegg

Mourinho: "Higuain is the laziest player I've ever managed. If he was allowed, he'd come to training in his pyjamas."

Suen

We should give Jesé some time to play in the first team but since this is not happening just as Morata won't get any chance to shine we better include a buy-back clause.

Mourinho: "Higuain is the laziest player I've ever managed. If he was allowed, he'd come to training in his pyjamas."
:lol :lol :lol

Zabojnik

300€ per month doesn't sound that ridiculous to me.

It's probably closer to 400 EUR. And no, it's not a ridiculous amount by any means, it's just that I could probably half that, if I put any real effort into buying smartly, not eating out for the sake of eating out that much, etc. I'm mostly just curious how much y'all spend.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

I really don't see why Arsenal are so interested. He's good but he's not a top player, if he were then there would be a lot more clubs interested. In the CL most of his performances have been sub-Giroud, his goal record in that competition is poor.

Arsenal already crush the weak PL teams with ease, is Higuain going to be the one that wins them those matches against Spurs, United, etc? I don't see it.

jtb

Banned
I really don't see why Arsenal are so interested. He's good but he's not a top player, if he were then there would be a lot more clubs interested. In the CL most of his performances have been sub-Giroud, his goal record in that competition is poor.

Arsenal already crush the weak PL teams with ease, is Higuain going to be the one that wins them those matches against Spurs, United, etc? I don't see it.

what other clubs would be interested? Juve were, and now they've filled that need. Dortmund don't need to be because they're keeping Lewnadowski around for another season. There's only so many CL clubs in big leagues who can afford 100k+ wages out there.

As is, are there really that many top strikers on the market this window? I'm thinking... Falcao and... that's it. Maybe Cavani and Lewnadowki too. We obviously weren't paying 50m for Falcao or his wages and he wasn't going to choose us even if we did.

Carbonox

Revenge is a pretty good "Count of Monte Christo" series. If you've never watched it, check it out. I'm watching S1 right now, pretty entertaining.

I always thought it looked shitty in the adverts on TV. Plus the main character looks like she acts like a log.

Monaco have signed Jeremy Toulalan. Top signing.

So a midfield of Rodriguez, Moutinho and Toulalan so far. Impressive.

Salvadora

Looks like that Mourinho quote is made up.

Higuain will score goals against the top teams in the league.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Usho, how much is it going to suck if you guys don't hit that 4th place next season?

It's would suck but we should be used to it. It's gone down to the last minute of the last day for two seasons in a row and despite Chelsea's spending they were only three points better than us. I'm confident we will improve on last season's points tally.

Doing our transfer business early is going to help us a lot, in both the last two seasons we didn't win until 4 weeks in because the squad just wasnt ready. When CL qualification comes down to a single point you have to be ready on the first day. Had we beaten Norwich and West Brom at home early last season, we'd have finished third. But we had no strikers, Friedel in goal, Gallas in the back 4 and Livermore in midfield. That won't happen this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom