• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a no-nonsense, hard nosed sex machine and his mate James Bond.

sexton-craig_2610627k.jpg

He looks more like the bad guy in a Bond film in that photo

Labadal

It's probably closer to 400 EUR. And no, it's not a ridiculous amount by any means, it's just that I could probably half that, if I put any real effort into buying smartly, not eating out for the sake of eating out that much, etc. I'm mostly just curious how much y'all spend.

€150-250. Choosing the right (cheapest) places to shop from. Don't eat out everyday.

Yen

Here is a no-nonsense, hard nosed sex machine and his mate James Bond.

sexton-craig_2610627k.jpg
Shane Warne, Steve Irwin, Alan Dale, Salazar, FootballFan - your boys took one hell of a beating!

(today was the only game of the series I saw, great performance)

So that they'll be able to
bring it back in Season 5. I really liked Boyd in S4, tbh.

I'm only 4 episodes in. Raylan seems back to badass normality.

Hopefully that's the end of Randall and that woman from the bar. Art and Tim (especially Tim) should be in it far more

flippedb

Banned
Ramadani has them by the coglioni. There's no way Milan would have to pay that much, imo. More like 12-15M€.
12M is too much for Milan. Galliani recently said he's happy with Balo's deal, since the price was fair, he has scored 12 goals in 13 matches and, most importantly, they're paying a monthly fee for him :lol

So, is Henrikh actually any good? I've never seen him play. We're talking a lot of money.

I hope he turns out shit when he goes to Dortmund.

No offense Dortmund-bros, but it would make me feel better to have a bullet hit someone else than to have it lodge into our spleen :p

Is he as good as German Messi?

Not even the real Messi is as good as the German Messi. That's why German Messi moved to Spain, to make fun of Messi.

He seems really talented and really humble. You read that interview (about him) on Spox? When Heinrich came to Ukraine he lived on the training court (or rather I assume in the facilities of the club).

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...er-spielweise-marktwert-goetze-nachfolge.html

Yeah, read that a few days ago. But Heinrich being a nice guy is not that surprising to be honest. Most of the players we signed in the last few years have the right attitude and fit in the team.

Zabojnik

12M is too much for Milan. Galliani recently said he's happy with Balo's deal, since the price was fair, he has scored 12 goals in 13 matches and, most importantly, they're paying a monthly fee for him :lol

Sky Sport is saying Ljajic's value is about 7-8M€, which is exactly as much as Milan is likely to get for 'Binho. I'm now 80% sure you'll sign him.

Why the hell haven't we sold Isla to Inter yet, if they're insisting?

Timurid

@salva I'll believe it when it's on Arsenal.com
Sky Sport is saying Ljajic's value is about 7-8M€, which is exactly as much as Milan is likely to get for 'Binho. I'm now 80% sure you'll sign him.

I read somewhere you guys are refusing to sell isla to them.

I think Haye Chisora is my favourite example of cuntish British boxers.

But then I heard Chisora was going to buy a double decker bus to drive around, so he's alright in my book.

Zabojnik

I wish we would sign someone. I want to be excited again :(

Marquinhos+Claudio+Marchisio+Juventus+FC+v+4N5THASz5wsl1.jpg

Soon.

I read somewhere you guys are refusing to sell isla to them.

More like 'thinking about it'. Don't know why, he's been terrible for us, even with the knee injury excuse. And we don't really need him.

Fiorentina's fans are getting a bit overboard with the Giuseppe Rossi hype. He'll more than likely need a whole season to get to where he was before his double knee injury, if he ever gets there again. I wouldn't even really count on him for the 2013/2014 season, if I were Montella.

Boxing. Just heard Price got knocked out again by Thompson.

Basically since Haye is done, Price is the only prospect we've had to build up, and that always came with the caveat that he'd never fought anyone who could cope with his brute force and test his ability to take a pounding. Its becoming clearer and clearer that he just doesn't have it in him to take a bit of punishment from foreign heavyweights. Not sure that kind of weakness can be significantly nullified with coaching and experience, seems to be something you either have or you don't

I think in Britain we're seeing more and more focus going to the welter/middle/lightweights

flippedb

Banned

I don't think the team needs another striker, though. I believe Honda would be more useful to the team. It would be great getting Ljajic, Honda and Poli, so I'm not complaining.

I think Haye Chisora is my favourite example of cuntish British boxers.

But then I heard Chisora was going to buy a double decker bus to drive around, so he's alright in my book.

Haye seems like a decent guy who just becomes a knobend in the buildup to fights, going too far to get people interested in the match

Chisora just seems like a massive bellend.

My brother bought Planetary Annihilation. Stupid amount of money to test the game for them (I know about the kickstarter price stuff) but it does look really cool.

Maybe a bit early but hey, I was just thinking about it. Because smaller teams don't get enough attention here, name one that has done the best job in this transfer window for you.

My vote goes to Stuttgart, we all know they are rather broke but they've done a great job so far:
- got Rausch and Schwaab on a free transfer
- got Leitner on loan for two years
- replaced Okazaki with Abdellaoue for ~€2m

You might not know these guys if you don't follow the Bundesliga but all of those are talented players that add depth to their squad. I can see them playing for a EL spot, could also be next season's surprise team.

I don't think the team needs another striker, though. I believe Honda would be more useful to the team. It would be great getting Ljajic, Honda and Poli, so I'm not complaining.

Between those three guys and Saponara and Cristante, the technique of our squad increases tenfold. Hopefully we never have to watch Allegri start with two or three DMs again. I agree that we don't really need Llajic but he is a special player. We could probably drop Honda back to midfield and play Llajic as the trequartista.

And of course, there is the possibility that Honda doesn't join until January, at which point he will be cup-tied for the CL. If that's the case, Llajic would be very important for us.

Timurid

How exactly does it help Barca then? to buy another player who is not ready. We have Bartra. Fuck me...we need a proper defender.

Barca originally bid 20 mil, but it got turned down. Then PSG bid 25 mil :)lol) then Barca went to 32 mil. :lol

Bumhead

Banned
Maybe a bit early but hey, I was just thinking about it. Because smaller teams don't get enough attention here, name one that has done the best job in this transfer window for you.

I hate to say it but Leeds have made some good signings already. Noel Hunt (Reading) is an experienced operator at Championship level, Luke Murphy (Crewe) is tipped for big things and looked like going straight from League One to the Premiership at one point, and Matt Smith (Oldham) should cause problems at this level just through his size.

Could be a strong side next year.

The games looks great, the art style is kind of nice. I like the idea of the game but 90$? no way!

I understand they have to charge £67.99 because they charged that before, but they shouldn't have charged that in the first place. They shouldn't charge people more money to test the game for them. It's stupid when you look at what Bohemia did with Arma 3.

How is it?

Honestly I don't know because I haven't played it yet

Tell your brother that it's all about Star Citizen now. Approaching 14M$!

He only plays RTS, Civ, Littlebigplanet and Fifa.

How exactly does it help Barca then? to buy another player who is not ready. We have Bartra. Fuck me...we need a proper defender.

Well, what "proper" defender would you go for that is available this summer? Hummels isn't and I reckon the rumored Silva and Luiz aren't either. And to be honest I can't think of anyone else available who would instantly improve Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom