• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Don't know what you expect. The teams above us can outbid us for the best players at any time. Wenger isn't a miracle worker.
Arsenal COULD spend more. They choose not to. And that's why people say they lack title ambitions.

Honestly cold pizza is fucking horrible and I think less of heathens who like it as such.
Cold pepperoni pizza is really good. Most other kinds of cold pizza are sort of tasteless though.

jtb

Banned
Arsenal could spend more? Not for any of the past eight or so seasons. We've been breaking even and that's about it; and that's as a selling club. Were our commercial deals shit and limiting the amount of money we could spend? Absolutely. Is the club and Wenger conservative with spending? Definitely. But in terms of the actual money the club can spend, that stadium didn't pay for itself—the finances are pretty clear. As is, the club was only breaking even on the back of player sales and property sales.

Either the club could have a positive net spend and use that as a gamble to increase commercial revenue, or they could have zero net spend and bet on continued CL qualification to maintain steady revenue. Looking at how clubs like United have maximized their commercial revenue over the past couple years, maybe the board made a mistake in being so conservative (especially given the exorbitant ticket prices at the Emirates) but I don't think it's fair to say that Arsenal CAN spend and choose not to.

The only reason we can spend more this year is because of renewed commercial deals (the main reason our old ones were so bad was because we had to be locked in for long-term deals in order to have stable revenue when paying off the stadium) and the new TV deal. If we don't spend this summer, then yes, big questions need to be asked of those in charge. But taking on the investment of a new stadium right around when the oil clubs started pour large amounts of money and, financially, pull away from the rest of the clubs, into the game was just particularly bad timing for Arsenal and, well, the trophyless seasons speak for themselves.

sohois

Think I'll pick up some football jerseys today.

gonna get 3 but I can't decide which team to go for for the 3rd one. Any suggestions?

GorillaJu

Think I'll pick up some football jerseys today.

gonna get 3 but I can't decide which team to go for for the 3rd one. Any suggestions?

Sevilla

Sevilla-13-14-warrior-football-shirts.jpg

GorillaJu

Christ those are awful.

I love em. Kit makers are trending toward skintight shimmery fish-scale fabrics - fine if you want players to look like salmon, but everything is bland, safe and samey. Warrior is the only kit maker that indulges their aesthetic, balls deep. Makes everything else look boring, especially Adidas kits.

I love em. Kit makers are trending toward skintight shimmery fish-scale fabrics - fine if you want players to look like salmon, but everything is bland, safe and samey. Warrior is the only kit maker that indulges their aesthetic, balls deep. Makes everything else look boring, especially Adidas kits.

They're loud, but the wrong kind of loud. Warrior are awful.

Messi

Their 'aesthetic' is butt fucking ugly though.

Do you guys think someone can enjoy just 5 hours of sleep? Any tips?
Yes.

No tips, you either can or you can't.

I actually prefer sleeping 4-5 hours than 6-7.

When I sleep beyond 5 hours I need a long long sleep or ill wake up groggy as hell. I can easily sleep 4-5 hours and wake up and be fine.

Obv it catches up with you eventually, but I can manage it easy enough for 2-3 days.

Nowadays I sleep for like 8-9, sometimes 10 hours. I don't really like doing that but I have nothing to wake up for so yeah...lazy days.

They're terrible, but still better than Warrior though. The only good things they have done are the Liverpool home kits and that's because they're extremely safe. They're hiding their shit design power level.

Hello, everyone Im new to the forum.

Welcome, I look forward to seeing your visually pleasing avatar on a regular basis.

Also, I'm assuming you're a Milan fan because you seem like an intelligent and reasonable person. Please correct me if I am mistaken about you.

Edit: I was wrong indeed. Good Lord, I was wrong.

Messi

After some deep consideration I have decided to start following a second team. I will now be a supporter of Real Madrid C.F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom