• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

noal

Banned
Moyes.

Pull your finger out of your arse and sign someone. Yes, United supporter. Add me to the op. Please.

Messi

Well, what "proper" defender would you go for that is available this summer? Hummels isn't and I reckon the rumored Silva and Luiz aren't either. And to be honest I can't think of anyone else available who would instantly improve Barca.

I honestly don't know. I just wish we could roll back the clock on Puyol. I'd take any of those 3 though.

K1LLER7

Welcome.

Who do you supp..

Oh, right.
I'm sure I saw you post the exact same thing earlier. Déjàvu.

Haven't posted a formation in a while. Going to predicted a team of the season 2013/14 and see how many are included at the end of next season. So: -

----------------- De Gea ---------------

Rafael - Luiz - Kompany - Baines

------------ Yaya ---- Paulinho ----------

Hazard -------- Thiago ---------- Bale

------------------ Aguero -----------------

Timurid

Haven't posted a formation in a while. Going to predicted a team of the season 2013/14 and see how many are included at the end of next season. So: -

----------------- De Gea ---------------

Rafael - Luiz - Kompany - Baines

------------ Yaya ---- Paulinho ----------

Hazard -------- Thiago ---------- Bale

------------------ Aguero -----------------
Luiz is going to be in Paris.

Clegg

I think we can stop using SPORT as a source for Thiago news.

They clearly have no problem in printing crap.

BOhn_00CQAAHKxH.jpg

Yen

Haven't posted a formation in a while. Going to predicted a team of the season 2013/14 and see how many are included at the end of next season

----------------- Mignolet ---------------

Johnson -- Kolo --- Agger -- Enrique

------------ Lucas ---- Gerrard ----------

Aspas-------- Coutinho---------- Suarez

------------------ Sturridge-----------------

K1LLER7

----------------- Mignolet ---------------

Johnson -- Kolo --- Agger -- Enrique

------------ Lucas ---- Gerrard ----------

Aspas-------- Coutinho---------- Suarez

------------------ Sturridge-----------------
You can't include players who won't be playing in the PL.

Salvadora

----------------------------- César ---------------

Sagna -- Mertesacker --- Koscielny -- Monreal

------------------ Wilshere---- Arteta----------

--------Cazorla-------- Rooney ---------- Podolski

-------------------------- Higuain-----------------

Title winning team

Messi

----------------------------- Valdes ---------------

-- Alves -- Masch --- Pique -- Alba

-----------------------Sergio-----------------

---------------Iniesta---------Xavi----------

---Alexis-------- Messi ---------- Neymar

Our likely lineout :/

flippedb

Banned
Between those three guys and Saponara and Cristante, the technique of our squad increases tenfold. Hopefully we never have to watch Allegri start with two or three DMs again. I agree that we don't really need Llajic but he is a special player. We could probably drop Honda back to midfield and play Llajic as the trequartista.

And of course, there is the possibility that Honda doesn't join until January, at which point he will be cup-tied for the CL. If that's the case, Llajic would be very important for us.

Now Poli is done, and it seems both Honda and Ljajic have agreed on personal terms with the club. Let's hope we get them both now.

Salvadora

macini is a terrible manager.

seriously, though, mertesacker doesn't fit in arsenal's way of playing football. he's a boat.
He's a boat, but he's our boat. I love him.

The problem was with Vermaelen & Sagna, both were absolute shithouses last season. Leave the big German alone.

Batigol

Banned
When exactly did Arsenal give up their aspirations of being a title contender team? They seem utterly content with just finishing in the top 4. Like it's something to be proud of for a team of their size. I mean could you imagine the Arsenal of 10 years ago celebrating finishing fourth? That's some small time shit.

Wenger pls

FootballFan

Maybe a bit early but hey, I was just thinking about it. Because smaller teams don't get enough attention here, name one that has done the best job in this transfer window for you.

My vote goes to Stuttgart, we all know they are rather broke but they've done a great job so far:
- got Rausch and Schwaab on a free transfer
- got Leitner on loan for two years
- replaced Okazaki with Abdellaoue for ~€2m

You might not know these guys if you don't follow the Bundesliga but all of those are talented players that add depth to their squad. I can see them playing for a EL spot, could also be next season's surprise team.

Stuttgart and you don't even mention Rojas the kiwi messi..

Suen

When exactly did Arsenal give up their aspirations of being a title contender team? They seem utterly content with just finishing in the top 4. Like it's something to be proud of for a team of their size. I mean could you imagine the Arsenal of 10 years ago celebrating finishing fourth? That's some small time shit.

Wenger pls

Salvadora

Wenger pls
We were dormant, like a sleeping volcano, ready to be unleashed.

This summer marks the end of simply top four ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom