• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Juve-GAF: Why did you sign Reto Ziegler, and then immediately loan him out? He's never played a game for Juve, am I right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What's up with the yellow kits, Nike?

thailand-13-14-juventus-away-soccer-jersey-yellow-playe-ef61.jpg

I love it

Juve-GAF: Why did you sign Reto Ziegler, and then immediately loan him out? He's never played a game for Juve, am I right?

Played some friendlies, but no never a competitive match.

We signed him on a free in the summer period of 2011 when Gigi Delneri and his 4-4-2 were still in place. Delneri worked with him at Sampdoria and liked him. Then we got rid of Delneri and brought in Conte who had no need for him, so we've been trying to sell him ever since. He's decent, but he's not what Conte wants.

Man I can't wait for De Rossi to get announced next week, when he's done I feel like the squad is pretty damn complete and ready for an easy treble. Sure could use another striker but think Lukaku could take the next step up if given the chance, Cavani for Torres would be nice but would just like to see Lukaku get his opportunity soon.

Also stop posting these morning piss colored kits, pls. Everyone who likes that Arsenal kit is going on my ignore list.

If Roma are going to sell De Rossi, it'll be to the highest bidder, and I reckon that'll be City from the sales of Kolarov and Dzeko.

Roman will get him if Mou wants him, ok. Also City already got lots of world class players in that position like Toure, Rodwell, Garcia and Barry!

Oh yeah and not to forget that 28 year old Brazilian guy they just bought for fucking 30 mil from some soviet league.

Fady K

PSG are definitely taking Cavani aren't they? Meh, I guess we'll just have to pin our attacking hopes on Torres (and Ba at times). At least Lukaku will get more playtime.

I just wish we had one deadly striker. An RVP. A Drogba. A Cavani. An Ibra. Etc..

Eh, James Perch was OK. He was a utility player and had some useful moments. A likable guy too.

However, Cabaye is likely to go to PSG. Kind of inevitable really seeing as PSG have outright stated that they want him. Additionally, Marveaux could be sold.

Utter shit right now.

As bad as it may be at the moment, so much can happen in even the last 24 hours of the window. Keep the hope alive ;)

How the fuck can we even dream of selling this legend? Levy I will hate you for the rest of time if you chuck him and buy some random Sociedad player for half the price. We should give BAE a new contract, build a statue of him outside the ground and make him a board member.

The thought of Danny Rose lining up in that position every week is painful.

I love BAE. One of the most likeable players in the league. I had no idea the club was thinking of selling him though! Any truth to that or is it just a rumor?

Yes, I couldn't bear to wake up and see that username.

Milan gonna be exciting to watch if they get Honda. Glad their in UCL.

Congrats to Arse. Come on Thiago.

Congrats on your new name then bro. Easier on the eyes :p

good ridance, thiago. your brother is better anyway.

Losing thiago is very bad for us IMO. He's a talented youngster who is improving big time and can take over from Xavi from time to time yet Barca cannot value that and guarantee him proper playtime. Neymar and Cesc aside, Barca have been really dropping the ball with transfers. They have also been failing to buy and/or keep players in the positions that we need them in.

Saw Now You See Me tonight.

Incredible movie, just brilliant. You should all go see it.

It was a good film. Nice ensemble.

Do you guys think someone can enjoy just 5 hours of sleep? Any tips?

I have been sleeping for mostly 5 hours a day on every weekday for the past few years and it is just a huge pain to live through. I feel wrecked in many ways, finding it harder to concentrate, to converse, to think, to relax, etc. I hope to fix it soon. Don't go for it bro. Get a minimum of 6-7.

I love my sleep.

Trying to get at least 7 hours on week nights and 9-10 at weekends.

That's what I'm aiming for. Good lad.

Welcome Fady Mk II.
Get him added to the OP guys. I have a performance based salary so the more names next to Manchester City the more £££

Fady Mk II. I approve hahaha.

Slept for 5 hours, hasn't completely ruined the day but I wouldn't mind an hour or two nap.

Which Dishonored DLC is worth getting? Does the story one add anything meaningful to the game?

Having an hour or two nap can really make you feel tired and drowsy at times. It's the shorter naps that are more effective (20 mins for example) as it is short enough to avoid getting some deep sleep.

I have not started Dishonored yet, but I heard the DLC kicks ass - the story DLC that is. The trials DLC are competent from what I heard.

Meier

Nothing compared to the kind of humid heat you get elsewhere though.

Our heat is fairly "dry" from what I've experienced elsewhere.
It is brutal here in Japan right now. Was 92 F today with a feels like of 105. The humidity is off the charts here. Very similar to FL but in FL you're always in AC whereas here you're walking a lot. It was particularly miserable today. I don't know how the men wear suits in this weather and still walk to the train..they're crazy.

justjohn

Man I can't wait for De Rossi to get announced next week, when he's done I feel like the squad is pretty damn complete and ready for an easy treble. Sure could use another striker but think Lukaku could take the next step up if given the chance, Cavani for Torres would be nice but would just like to see Lukaku get his opportunity soon.

Also stop posting these morning piss colored kits, pls. Everyone who likes that Arsenal kit is going on my ignore list.
We still need a good central defender and we'll be good to go. Don't trust cahill at all.

justjohn

It is brutal here in Japan right now. Was 92 F today with a feels like of 105. The humidity is off the charts here. Very similar to FL but in FL you're always in AC whereas here you're walking a lot. It was particularly miserable today. I don't know how the men wear suits in this weather and still walk to the train..they're crazy.
What do you do in Japan meier if you dont mind me asking.

Timber

Wanyama might go to Southampton after all. Kayal seems to be the designated replacement, but he's been out for a while and is a different kind of midfielder altogether. Still unsure about how long Hooper will stay on and how much scoring ability Balde has.

First friendlies were dismal but hopefully there will be an actual team before long.

Tc91

I went downstairs, flicked over to the F1 and saw a camerman get hit the back by a tire.

I cannot get into F1 at all, but fair play to those who can? 60 laps? Ouch.

Yeah the tire came off Mark Webber's car in the pit lane and hit a fuel pump bounced up and hit him really high up.

Now a engine just blew up, got the driver out of the car, put the fire out then the car just starts rolling down the track! Towards the other drivers.

Current rumours:

- Conte wants Matri to stay since he plans to play 4-3-3 more often, and he wants somebody like him at the top of the trio under Llorente.
- With Viviano out of Fiorentina, they are looking to sign Marco Storari. Could potentially factor into a deal for Jovetic.
- Jovetic has refused an option to go to Roma :)lol)
- Galatasaray maybe finally are going to buy Felipe Melo for €5m (the cunts...)
- Tuttosport says Marrone is set for a renewal until 2018, and half that contract will be sold on to one of the mid-table teams (I reckon Parma, but who knows?)
- We're trying to agree with City on terms for Kolarov, but we have personal terms with the player (means fuck all: see Dzeko, Aguero, Jovetic, Ogbonna, Higuain, RVP)
- Vucinic-Mariga swap with Napoli :)lol)

Wait where the fuck is Viviano going? I thought they were obliged to buy him after the loan ended.

Fiorentina director Sandro Mencucci has stated that goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano will not be with the club next season.

The 27-year-old Italian international joined his hometown club from Palermo last season, with an option to purchase the former Bologna shot stopper for €7.5 million.

“Viviano is a really good lad and I have great affection for him,” Mencucci told Radio Blu.

“But the question of whether he will stay or not is a different matter. He probably won’t stay in Florence because of financial reasons.”

The Florence native has been heavily linked with a move to Roma as the Giallorossi are looking to replace Maarten Stekelenberg after his departure to Fulham.

Viviano appeared in 32 league games for the Viola last season.

So much for home grown boy....

Carbonox

So tempted to hit the checkout on the Bayern site for a Gotze jersey despite the price. Fuck UK for not having this shit on any site.

99 EUROS BUT A BITCH AINT ONE

I'm getting a meaty fucking bonus next month though...

Current rumours:

- Conte wants Matri to stay since he plans to play 4-3-3 more often, and he wants somebody like him at the top of the trio under Llorente.
- With Viviano out of Fiorentina, they are looking to sign Marco Storari. Could potentially factor into a deal for Jovetic.
- Tuttosport says Marrone is set for a renewal until 2018, and half that contract will be sold on to one of the mid-table teams (I reckon Parma, but who knows?)
- We're trying to agree with City on terms for Kolarov, but we have personal terms with the player (means fuck all: see Dzeko, Aguero, Jovetic, Ogbonna, Higuain, RVP)

Are you guys going to do anything with Quagliarella? I always liked that guy. I feel like he should be sent to a smaller club to revive his career.

Wanyama might go to Southampton after all. Kayal seems to be the designated replacement, but he's been out for a while and is a different kind of midfielder altogether. Still unsure about how long Hooper will stay on and how much scoring ability Balde has.

First friendlies were dismal but hopefully there will be an actual team before long.

I have no idea why top sides aren't going in for him at that price. I think he's fantastic.

LOL, Palermo might have Viviano and Sorrentino as their keepers in Serie B?

We should make a move for Viviano, we need to start preparing for Abbiatti's departure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Current rumours:

-Sure Matri can stay if he wants. (or rather, if no one wants him)
-How much are we going to get for Storari anyway :( He's 35.
-YOU KNOW IT
-They should buy him (Melo) out of courtesy ffs...
-Half Luke Brown is better than no Luke Brown I suppose :(
-We should only go for him AFTER we sell Ashton Kutcher.
-How about no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom