• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys going to do anything with Quagliarella? I always liked that guy. I feel like he should be sent to a smaller club to revive his career.

I have no clue. I thought for sure Matri was out the door and Quagliarella stays to play vice-whatever in 3-5-2. Yurt is certain Quagliarella goes because he's much more of a primadonna than Matri, attitude-wise. Plus, Matri was a Conte purchase; Quagliarella was a Delneri purchase. Then there's the possibility of Jovetic coming.... So who knows?

Fabio_Quagliarella%2Bpicture_and_photo_gallery.jpg

Zabojnik

Current rumours:

- We're trying to agree with City on terms for Kolarov, but we have personal terms with the player (means fuck all: see Dzeko, Aguero, Jovetic, Ogbonna, Higuain, RVP)

I remember Kolarov saying that money is not that important to him, he'd rather make less and play more. Now, he'll definitely make less, if he joins us. But I'm not so sure he'll get to play more.

How much is he on at City?

I remember Kolarov saying that money is not that important to him, he'd rather make less and play more. Now, he'll definitely make less, if he joins us. But I'm not so sure he'll get to play more.

How much is he on at City?

£6m p.a.

Fucking City :(

If we get Kolarov, sure sign we're playing 4-3-3 more since he can't do LWB well.

Meier

What was he wearing?
He was stylishly dressed. Fits in well with the locals.

What did you eat?
My wife is a vegetarian and we've discovered that is not easy to be in Japan. Found out about a Chipotle knock off called Frijoles so I suggested we go there and he said he'd been looking forward to trying it some day so we did. It was very good - they've done an admirable job of copying it.

That's awesome. Hope you and the wife are having a blast over there.
Thanks Fady! It's been awesome but exhausting! Can't believe we only have a few days left already! :(

Fady K

Thanks Fady! It's been awesome but exhausting! Can't believe we only have a few days left already! :(

You're most welcome bro :) Don't worry about the last few days, make the best of today and enjoy it to the max. Japan really is a beautiful place. Saw some of your instagram photos, keep it coming :D

Fady K

For the tennis fans who might have forgotten (HIGHLY DOUBTFUL) - the Wimbledon final has been on for the past half hour.

PaulLFC

For the tennis fans who might have forgotten (HIGHLY DOUBTFUL) - the Wimbledon final has been on for the past half hour.
Judging by how it's gone so far I can see this being a long, long final. Only 3 games in 20 minutes! Murray's just broken though.

Wanyama might go to Southampton after all. Kayal seems to be the designated replacement, but he's been out for a while and is a different kind of midfielder altogether. Still unsure about how long Hooper will stay on and how much scoring ability Balde has.

First friendlies were dismal but hopefully there will be an actual team before long.

I think Hooper is definitely more content to stay than Wanyama, and I don't really blame him. Hooper's probably happy with the champions league football as opposed to playing for a lower level PL side but Wanyama probably has the potential to at least get to a club around Everton's level after a few years proving himself for Southampton.

Salazar

I personally am excited for Zaha still, it was odd to see everyones interest in him basically disappear.

Shit, the mere, adequately determined act of putting the ball over (and he clearly loves to cross) will improve our wing play.

Motherfuckers know that RVP is lurking, they are gonna get nervy. Baineses service from the other side would work too. We should lock that shit in. Tell some Finnish bubblegum firm they can put MUFC on their stuff and pump the coins through.

Shagwell

Judging by how it's gone so far I can see this being a long, long final. Only 3 games in 20 minutes! Murray's just broken though.

I think tennis might be my (distant) second favourite sport to watch after football but I don't think I've got the attention span for it.

I mean seriously. That's a pretty big chunk of your day to dedicate to one activity. This final isn't ending anytime soon.

GorillaJu

Indeed I got to see Meier, in the sweltering heat. Was a good time, wish there was more of it to spare. Seems we have a lot in common. His gf is a sweetheart too, really cool person.

Bumhead

Banned
Wow Fady. I went to Egypt one August a few years back. 37-40 every day.

So hot. SO HOT.

Yeah, we went to the Valley of the Kings while we were there and I'm pretty sure it got up to 45. Think that's the hottest place I've been, maybe Chichen Itza as well which was ridiculous.

I honestly struggle more with 30 in the UK though. Seriously.

Meier

Edit: Meier, you went to Japan and you're giving us a review of a knock off Mexican joint? My man.........
I am a picky eater so a western-style burrito joint is right up my alley. I don't eat fish at all.

It was 33 C here today apparently but the feels like was about 40 C.

Fady K

Murray needs all the stamina he can get. Djokovic may lose a set or two and then take all three! Should be tense.

I'm watching it.

Forza Djokovic!

Should be an excellent game!

Wow Fady. I went to Egypt one August a few years back. 37-40 every day.

So hot. SO HOT.

It's not as bad as it used to be btw! Though July and August are dreadful in the UAE. Come around during the fall and winter seasons and you'll adore the weather :D

LTWheels

@TheBig_Sam: Watching the tennis, but all I can think about is Djokovic's girlfriend. I wish I could sniff her armpits on a day like this. Intoxicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom