• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
The Wimbledon thread is getting worse and worse

Wonder what next year's World Cup thread will be like

The 'pusher' debate is getting awfully annoying. Murray can be overly defensive at times but he was no more passive than Djokovic today.

Can't blame the players for their style of play if it works, anyway. Fault lies with the authorities for slowing down the courts.

Wilbur

Banned
Murray is a defensive player but he had a fair amount more winners today than Djokovic did. Was never going to be the most exciting match for a neutral but I was on the edge of my seat.

Tsonga is the best to watch. Always going for winners, his opposition fully aware of how open he is and going for winners too. Pls win a slam, JoJo

qindarka

Banned
Can never understand why players go for the drop shot so much. It is often done when they have a short ball which they could kill with a conventional stroke and ends up backfiring on them more often than not.

Djokovic was especially terrible with it today.

Wilbur

Banned
Janowicz's drop shots on Friday were hilarious :lol :lol :lol

Serve, hit hard, drop shot. Fucking boring one dimensional player.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't understand how people find him exciting but Muzzah boring.

Anyways who gives a shit. Wimby CHAMP.

becuz murry is so ugly and he gets so angry and he is scottish isnt it

I like Murray a lot. Definitely not my favourite to watch - Tsonga, Federer, those that play with style, a desire for winners, aggressiveness at all times - but his game's definitely come on and those that legitimately hate him are just being blind bitter fucking turkeys.

Arnie

New Arctic Monkeys song is boss as fuck, listening to it now.

And well done Andy. Watched it in a Mile End pub and it was a top atmosphere.

Got over Mickey now, fully embraced the Brazilian future(Coutinho's song came on in a club I was in last night, went fucking 28 Days Later insane).

ipxB5IzZWC2a3.gif

Shagwell

New Arctic Monkeys song is boss as fuck, listening to it now.

And well done Andy. Watched it in a Mile End pub and it was a top atmosphere.

Got over Mickey now, fully embraced the Brazilian future(Coutinho's song came on in a club I was in last night, went fucking 28 Days Later insane).

ipxB5IzZWC2a3.gif

Which song's that?

Favourite Coutinho moment's got to be that through ball to Sturridge with the outside of his boot. That or the flick to Enrqiue. T'was the sex that

Arnie

Which song's that?

Favourite Coutinho moment's got to be that through ball to Sturridge with the outside of his boot. That or the flick to Enrqiue. T'was the sex that

Do I Wanna Know. Think they started their Glasto set with it. Top little tune.

Ooof got to agree. Keep your Mickeys, keep your Paulinhos, keep your Thiagos, Barca.

ibqEeVYzRezP61.gif

Zabojnik

This guy is going to be a huge flop, I guarantee it. I don't say that because I'm bitter we missed out on him, I genuinely think he's rubbish. His goal record is ordinary even for the Brasileirao and I don't see any evidence he's CL quality.

Spending any more than £12m on him is asking for trouble.

All according to keikaku. :marrysmile:

Clegg

Murray has an Olympic gold medal, a US Open and a Wimbledon.

I think he has already won enough to get himself a knighthood for services to sport. He'll win more slams too. That knighthood is guaranteed imo.

I wouldn't give it to him right now though. Wait until after he retires.

kharma45

I'll hold you to this one :)

Please do.

I think he has already won enough to get himself a knighthood for services to sport. He'll win more slams too. That knighthood is guaranteed imo.

He might well win one later in life but he still needs to win more. He is no tennis great yet.

Zabojnik

I care so little about tennis that I thought Murray was that other English guy, the one that was England's best tennist before him. Who was it?

jesalr

Fred Perry never got a thing though, Murray needs to do more.

Wilbur

Banned
He might well win one later in life but he still needs to win more. He is no tennis great yet.

Thing is you've got people like Michael Chang with one Slam creeping onto best 100 of all time lists and legend selections in Top Spin fucking 4.

Murray has two Slams and an Olympic gold and silver in an era when the greatest clay court player of all time is around, and the greatest of all time is around. He's an all time great, but there's an awful awful lot of them so he doesn't stand out.

I don't think he should get knighted yet though lol

Arnie

As a British person with only a fleeting interest in Tennis, Murray's achieved as much as I could ever hope he would.

If Wiggins got one I wouldn't be surprise if Murray does.

But yeah it would seem silly for him to get one at this stage in his career.

But then the entire thing is silly itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom