• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batigol

Banned
Auto correct ruins lives. I'm typing some broken ass English here because SwiftKey doesn't know shit.

It's still changing Balotelli to Baloney. I don't even know what baloney is!

Fuck dude

50bgPlkl.jpg

#TeamNaughtyShorts #TooSexyForGötze

Suen

:lol how could I miss this today

Galliani, who has been at Milan since 1986, was also quick to praise the consistency of his side and expressed his faith in their ability to regularly finish in the top places in Serie A - unlike some of their rivals.

"Milan never go below third place, as over the last five years we have always been on the Serie A podium," he continued.

"When our season went really badly, we finished third. For other clubs, such as Inter and Juve, when they had a bad season they didn't even finish on the podium.

"Juventus are still in pole position for the Scudetto, because they won it last year. However, Milan are right up there, so at least we'll be in the top three."

pappe

I've been saying this for fucking ages. RVP as first choice, Chicha/Welbeck/Gohan behind, Shinji plays behind Robin

Ejaculate occurs
No. If RVP gets injured then Rooney can step up. I don't trust Chicha and Wellbeck to lead the line in key games against strong opposition. We need Rooney coz he is a great player and provides a lot of variety for our attack. Without him and RVP our attack will not have potency and we become to predictable up top.

Suen

not happening

isco, jese, morata, carvajal and Illarramendi (hopefully) is going to be at madrid for some time

spurs can have callejon but it looks like he's off to napoli
Not a chance in hell Morata or Jese get enough playing time if we sign a top striker but it's looking less likely that it will happen.

Slizz

Auto correct ruins lives. I'm typing some broken ass English here because SwiftKey doesn't know shit.

It's still changing Balotelli to Baloney. I don't even know what baloney is!

Fuck dude

At this point in cellphones there is no need for autocorrect if you have a full keyboard... none....

Slizz

The Telegraph reporting that Arsenal have made a £30m bid for Luis Suarez.

Adorable.

The figure sounds so insane. The media/journalists need a fucking nut-check for the way they act over in Europe.

Here in the U.S. get a story wrong about a player moving to another team you get chastised from the sport and by the athletes. Then basically you have no credibility.

fuenf

Update on Gomez: Both City and Napoli have told Bayern that they are willing to pay 20m respectively 22m for him, while Fiorentina are offering 18m. Rummenigge hopes to have the transfer finalized by midweek.

Feorax

The Telegraph reporting that Arsenal have made a £30m bid for Luis Suarez.

Adorable.

Surely that's just to get the price down for Higuain? If not, that's a terrifying lack of awareness from whoever is dealing with Arsenal's transfers.

That's about £10 million short of being even vaguely considered acceptable.

K1LLER7

@DuckerTheTimes: #MUFC will announce a five-year deal with
Aeroflot
tomorrow.
I can't take it Viva. We need to wrap Thiago up.

@BenFairthorne
"Thiago joining Manchester United finally being confirmed by papers as I reported a month ago after tip off by agent. Top signing.

Thiago will sign a 5 year deal with Manchester United."

Carbonox

Update on Gomez: Both City and Napoli have told Bayern that they are willing to pay 20m respectively 22m for him, while Fiorentina are offering 18m. Rummenigge hopes to have the transfer finalized by midweek.

I wonder how Bayern are gonna work striker-wise with Mandzukic as your only recognised striker. Obviously many expect Pep to play with a false 9 in the form of Gotze but still.

Plus it would be impressive if Bayern do manage to convince Dortmund to sell them Lewandowski in this window (though waiting a season to get him on a free would be best for them I guess).

Interesting to see what Bayern does.

I guess you could easily use Muller as a forward too along with Gotze and Mandzukic, as you have plenty of wingers to utilise. :p

L1NETT

Forget the Arsenal bid, how much do you think Suarez is worth?

Minus the baggage, he is still a class player. Not many players can do "something out of nothing" like he can.

£25-30m I think is pretty close. But the baggage probably means nobody will touch him right?

Forget the Arsenal bid, how much do you think Suarez is worth?

Minus the baggage, he is still a class player. Not many players can do "something out of nothing" like he can.

£25-30m I think is pretty close. But the baggage probably means nobody will touch him right?
What matters is how much Liverpool will sell him for.

It'll cost £50m.

Wilbur

Banned
Even with the baggage I'd say Suarez is a 40m player. It's not like Tevez wanting away from a title winning and CL participating squad, so you can understand his aspirations on the playing side of wanting to be away from liverpool.

If he's missing 8 games a season then of course that has to be taken into account, but talent wise and contribution wise, 40m would be what I think he should be going for.

kharma45

He's earned it anyway, he's got rid of the biggest sporting monkey on Britain's back and he did it in an era when 3 of the best tennis players of all time are playing. Plus he's reigning US Open champion and a Olympic gold medallist.

That's the biggest monkey? You'd think with the way the media go on about 1966 England winning nowt would be.

I want Moyes to sort out what's happening with Nani.

Sell him or get him a new contract.

He won't take a new contact though, he'll still want unrealistic wages.

Meier

Wow, straight sets for Murray, eh? Crazy!

I can believe Arsenal would make that bid.

They do alot of stupid stuff in the transfer window.
It shows their fans they mean business this transfer window and are willing to spend big. Smart posturing IMO.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OT:

Mads Mikkelsen is the superior Hannibal. Sorry, Anthony Hopkins.

Fuck Brian Cox's version, even Suarez was a better Hannibal.

fuenf

I wonder how Bayern are gonna work striker-wise with Mandzukic as your only recognised striker. Obviously many expect Pep to play with a false 9 in the form of Gotze but still.

Plus it would be impressive if Bayern do manage to convince Dortmund to sell them Lewandowski in this window (though waiting a season to get him on a free would be best for them I guess).

Interesting to see what Bayern does.

I guess you could easily use Muller as a forward too along with Gotze and Mandzukic, as you have plenty of wingers to utilise. :p

I doubt they would even move for Lewa this season, they need the striker spot for a midfield player. Ribery, Javi, Schweini and Müller are guaranteed starters, which means that there are only two spots left for Robben, Kroos, Götze, Shaqiri, Mandzu / Pizarro. If everyone stays healthy I expect the bench players to be far noisier than they were last season, especially with the World Cup coming up. Shaqiri already said that his goal was to start important games this season..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom