• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

BOo-okPCMAEbzRb.jpg:large

Vieira and his EDS squad were first out on the training fields at Carrington this morning! That looks like it's straight outta GTA:SA.

Berlusconi wants more titles and is ready to spend and buy us a new Pirlo.

Expecting Xavi/Schweini/Thiago, we'll end up with Cigarini. Book it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL amazing

The agent of Lyon midfielder Maxime Gonalons has hit out at Paris Saint-Germain for their pursuit of Edinson Cavani.

The Ligue 1 champions have reprtedly completed a €63m deal to sign the Napoli forward, with the move set to be announced later this week.

But the representative has claimed that the Uruguay international is just being used as a play-thing by the club's Arab owners.

“PSG could have got a deal,” Frederic Guerra told Le Parisien. “But their egos led them to want to break records for the most expensive French transfer.

“Monaco spent €60m for [Atletico Madrid striker Radamel] Falcao.

“It's like those billionaires who want a yacht three meters longer than someone else just to show they are wealthier

Gonalons has recently been linked with a summer move to the Partneopei

With Hernandez injuries I don't think it is. He got talent for sure, but he could be their new Pato.

Not as good as Lazio's Hernanes, but Hernandez has talent for sure. And I think he's less volatile than Llajic.

iqi5GYCLGNIOv.jpg

Either way, we're getting a young and promising striker. I'm good with that + Balo, El Shaa, Pazzini and Niang.

When is Pazzini expected to be back in action? And surely you can't have either Llajic or Hernandez, plus Honda, and then four other players up front. Niang will get the shaft, much like Quagliarella/Matri will get the shaft at Juve.

Berlusconi wants more titles and is ready to spend and buy us a new Pirlo.

Expecting Xavi/Schweini/Thiago, we'll end up with Cigarini. Book it.

I reckon Francesco Lodi.

Why not just sign Candreva or bring back Aquilani and be done with it?

When is Pazzini expected to be back in action? And surely you can't have either Llajic or Hernandez, plus Honda, and then four other players up front. Niang will get the shaft, much like Quagliarella/Matri will get the shaft at Juve.
Pazzini should be back around September-October. We'll buy a new striker, Galliani clearly said that, we need a new one. Otherwise, we'll play the CL playoffs with Niang and Balotelli/El Shaa with less than a month worth of training in their legs. Honda is a done deal and I honestly don't think we'll pay him more than €4-5m, basically we'll have to look for another CB and a striker, with the latter being our first objective.

Not sure about Niang, I guess Galliani will give him until December to prove if he's worth it otherwise he'll be on a loan somewhere else.
I reckon Francesco Lodi.

Why not just sign Candreva or bring back Aquilani and be done with it?
I don't think Aquilani would want to return to Milan after what we did with him last year (if he played 25 matches in Serie A we would've brought him. We put him on the bench when he was at 23 games played). Candreva: I'm sure his pricetag went really high after the Confederations Cup, plus we'd have to deal with Lotito.
The new Pirlo is Verratti, so Milan is gonna buy him?
Nope.

EDIT: can we get over the "Milan is old" thing now?
iboP8nS6BOzAX8.png

spidye

Why the hell are Bayern do desperate to offload Gomez for?

Bayern should send Gustavo our way!

bayern isn't desperate to sell him.

gomez doesn't see his future at bayern anymore and what's the point of forcing him to stay.
it's not like bayern needs the money either.

Clegg

Haha what are they saying?
Thiago's dad gavevan interview and said he has no idea where his son will end up.

But Sport Witness have done a follow up article saying its in his best interests to play dumb as he doesn't want to antagonize Barca coz Rafinha has just signed a new contract with them.

Linius

Holy shit, I just read about the beheading of that ref in Brazil (after he stabbed a player first). And then in GoT style put his head on a stick. I wouldn't even dare to imagine such things would ever happen on a football field.

L1NETT

Charlie Austin going to Hull? Gulp.

This means Burnley will be straight after Wells. Send him to the Bermuda Triangle Parky.

Carbonox

Holy shit, I just read about the beheading of that ref in Brazil (after he stabbed a player first). And then in GoT style put his head on a stick. I wouldn't even dare to imagine such things would ever happen on a football field.

I worst I've seen in local matches that I've participated in is either fisticuffs or full on WWE bodyslams. :lol

Unlike many, I actually don't think Arsenal's bid for Suarez was an attempt to manipulate Real Madrid in negotiations for Higuain. If you recall, Arsenal were linked with both Rooney and the Argentinean. After United's stance on the former, its possible that Suarez was meant to be that second striker.

Liverpool are unrealistic in expecting to get a value bid. They have a player who has made it clear that he wants to leave. A bid from outside the PL will logically be lower than a domestic bid considering Suarez favours going abroad. But regardless, there is no way LFC are going to get a 40m+ bid for Suarez considering the context. Whether Liverpool accept it or not of course is another matter but rejecting it purely on the basis that the figure doesn't match his worth is silly; you're not going to get that kind of money.

Walshy

Unlike many, I actually don't think Arsenal's bid for Suarez was an attempt to manipulate Real Madrid in negotiations for Higuain. If you recall, Arsenal were linked with both Rooney and the Argentinean. After United's stance on the former, its possible that Suarez was meant to be that second striker.

Liverpool are unrealistic in expecting to get a value bid. They have a player who has made it clear that he wants to leave. A bid from outside the PL will logically be lower than a domestic bid considering Suarez favours going abroad. But regardless, there is no way LFC are going to get a 40m+ bid for Suarez considering the context.
Suarez doesn't "favour" to move abroad, its the only option he wants if he is to move. He wouldn't leave Liverpool for any other PL club, let alone one in London.

GorillaJu

Liverpool are unrealistic in expecting to get a value bid. They have a player who has made it clear that he wants to leave. A bid from outside the PL will logically be lower than a domestic bid considering Suarez favours going abroad. But regardless, there is no way LFC are going to get a 40m+ bid for Suarez considering the context.

Then we won't sell. Suarez can want away all he wants, but Liverpool isn't going to sell him for less than 40m.

K1LLER7

Thiago's dad gavevan interview and said he has no idea where his son will end up.

But Sport Witness have done a follow up article saying its in his best interests to play dumb as he doesn't want to antagonize Barca coz Rafinha has just signed a new contract with them.
Thanks.

Seems like we'll have to wait a while yet until we find out where he'll be going, or even if he stays.

Edit: He says he knows nothing, but then apparently says a decision will be made in the next few days.

Suarez doesn't "favour" to move abroad, its the only option he wants if he is to move. He wouldn't leave Liverpool for any other PL club, let alone one in London.

If Liverpool were to accept a domestic bid, would Suarez choose to stay at Liverpool? I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if he left if a foreign club failed in their bid.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Do you really think that if his only option was Arsenal, Suarez wouldn't want to go there?

Feorax

If Liverpool were to accept a domestic bid, would Suarez choose to stay at Liverpool? I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if he left if a foreign club failed in their bid.

I think it's possible, but he massively runs the risk of showing himself up if he does that. If he wanted to move for footballing reasons and to play in the CL, he could have quite easily said so in his interviews abroad. Instead, he focused on how much he hates the english media and is desperate to escape them. Kind of makes a move to any other PL club a bit pointless really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom