• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meus, we're talking 60 mill+ (at LEAST) for Higuain and Suarez/Rooney.

That seems more likely than Arsenal bidding £30m because they refused to pay a couple more million to reach the £25m figure Madrid want for Higuain, or using Suarez as bait. But two strikers? If we had that kind of money, you would expect it to go to the defence or midfield.

Feorax

That seems more likely than Arsenal bidding £30m because they refused to pay a couple more million to reach the £25m figure Madrid want for Higuain, or using Suarez as bait. But two strikers? If we had that kind of money, you would expect it to go to the defence or midfield.

This is true. If Arsenal want Madrid to stop haggling over the price of Higuain, why let them know they have £30 million lying around?

I think it's possible, but he massively runs the risk of showing himself up if he does that. If he wanted to move for footballing reasons and to play in the CL, he could have quite easily said so in his interviews abroad. Instead, he focused on how much he hates the english media and is desperate to escape them. Kind of makes a move to any other PL club a bit pointless really.

Yeah he seems pretty averse to doing that.

dc89

BOai4z3CQAEpuGA.jpg:large

:(

Walshy

Do you really think that if his only option was Arsenal, Suarez wouldn't want to go there?
Yep.

Why would you? He wants to play at the highest level and win titles. He won't win the league with Arsenal. He'll play in the Champions League but I don't think Arsenal will win that any time soon either.

That's without factoring that he hates the english media and paparazzi. He would get more attention down in London than he does here.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We need a replacement for Arteta/Wilshere and a creative playmaker similar to Cazorla. We don't need strikers.

wut

The fact that Berbatov and Carroll got into that whoscored London XI, is quite damning. Both Arsenal and Spurs need two new strikers.

Linius

Arsenal going for Suarez? Interesting. I mean we could say Arsenal won't win anything soon and that a move wouldn't be all that much better for winning trophies and stuff. But if every good player thinks like that Arsenal will never win a trophy again :p

[fake edit]

Seen Messi's threads now. I have never blocked a WC in my life, he clearly does something wrong :p

L1NETT

We need a replacement for Arteta/Wilshere and a creative playmaker similar to Cazorla. We don't need strikers.

Huh?

You need a big Viera/Gilberto Silva esque player. Wanyama fits the bill.

And you don't need a striker? Giroud tries hard and will get a few goals, but Arsenal won the league with players like Henry,Bergkhmap, Anelka etc etc and were close to doing so with RVP.

You BADLY need a top class striker.

Linius

I saw some chatter about GTA V gameplay in the Whatsapp group. Do we really get gameplay before the game releases in september? I thought Rockstar hardly does that stuff.

dc89

I saw some chatter about GTA V gameplay in the Whatsapp group. Do we really get gameplay before the game releases in september? I thought Rockstar hardly does that stuff.

Yes. It was on the gaming board the other week, they (rockstar) have said gameplay is coming soon.

Linius

Yes. It was on the gaming board the other week, they (rockstar) have said gameplay is coming soon.

Mmm, would love to see some more. Already paid the game anyways so it won't matter for me buying it but building that HYPE :p

Woo we've a new sponsor, Aeroflot. Hopefully they're giving us good money.

A Dutch comedian once slayed that air company in a piece he did on stage. Can never look at that company in a normal way since I saw that. This information is pretty worthless for anyone who doesn't speak or understand Dutch though :(

Mmm, would love to see some more. Already paid the game anyways so it won't matter for me buying it but building that HYPE :p

A Dutch comedian once slayed that air company in a piece he did on stage. Can never look at that company in a normal way since I saw that. This information is pretty worthless for anyone who doesn't speak or understand Dutch though :(

I speak Dutch pretty well. Bring it

GorillaJu

Edge is trash for me anyway, since the ipad version. I want to quit my subscription.

I hope some top of MS read this. Please low your price NOW!! and please include the fucking headset.

I read Sony mentioned that have never in their intention to blocks/or DRM to their games. If you belive this then you are mad.
Look at their patents etc...

Can mod do someting about the peopels whose uses the word Xb***??

God I love SYSTEMWARZ

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Corriere dello Sport aren't best pleased with Tottenham Hotspur today and claim that the London club have hijacked a Roma move which was almost completed for Manchester United's Nani. Corriere dello Sport are based in Rome and, like most European press, are loyal to their local side. They say that Franco Baldini, who was at Roma last season, has moved in to scupper moves the Serie A side had set up for PSV midfielder Strootman and Manchester United winger Nani.

hmmm

I'd probably take Nani for £10m. Being able to choose from Bale, Lennon, Nani and Townsend on the wings would be pretty good.

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule 1m
Kevin Strootman tells Voetbal International "several clubs are interested" in signing him and none of them among 'top six' in Europe. #PSV

Mohamed Moallim ‏@jouracule 2m

Kevin Strootman tells Voetbal International "several clubs are interested" in signing him and none of them among 'top six' in Europe. #PSV

So rumours of Roma and Tottenham being in for him must be true.

Edit: see Viva you have to add value to these things by flinging snide insults.

Linius

I will never understand console wars.
what's the point of definding a company?

Some people need the internet to justify they bought the right console for a big amount of money. There's also some psychological term to the phenomenom that people need to justify big purchases for them selves by acting negative about the opposite choice. That perfectly applies to the purchase of a console. It seems for consoles the internet is the perfect outlet for many people :p

Pazzini should be back around September-October. We'll buy a new striker, Galliani clearly said that, we need a new one. Otherwise, we'll play the CL playoffs with Niang and Balotelli/El Shaa with less than a month worth of training in their legs. Honda is a done deal and I honestly don't think we'll pay him more than €4-5m, basically we'll have to look for another CB and a striker, with the latter being our first objective.

Not sure about Niang, I guess Galliani will give him until December to prove if he's worth it otherwise he'll be on a loan somewhere else.

I don't think Aquilani would want to return to Milan after what we did with him last year (if he played 25 matches in Serie A we would've brought him. We put him on the bench when he was at 23 games played). Candreva: I'm sure his pricetag went really high after the Confederations Cup, plus we'd have to deal with Lotito.

Nope.

EDIT: can we get over the "Milan is old" thing now?
iboP8nS6BOzAX8.png

Wow, dat youth project.

Still, in every game we play that is called by English commentators, they will always have to preface their comments with how Milan is usually an old squad, followed by their fake surprise at the fact we are playing with youngsters. Exactly how they still pretend Italy is known for catenaccio even though they haven't used that strategy since the 1980s. Cunts.

spidye

Some people need the internet to justify they bought the right console for a big amount of money. There's also some psychological term to the phenomenom that people need to justify big purchases for them selves by acting negative about the opposite choice. That perfectly applies to the purchase of a console. It seems for consoles the internet is the perfect outlet for many people :p

but the guy in the quote tries to defend something he doesn't even have. it's just seems so dumb to have allegiances towards any company before the start of the new generation

it's dumb to have allegiances towards any company period.

Linius

but the guy in the quote tries to defend something he doesn't even have. it's just seems so dumb to have allegiances towards any company before the start of the new generation

Yeah, I agree. I certainly love some companies for their products but I don't feel the need to defend my self against others.

Anyway, MilanGAF I don't think you'll need another striker with Honda coming. Save your cash for January.

CrispsGAF, bought M&S beef burger flavoured crisps. Tastes like horse. Why didn't I buy Worcester sauce or cheese and onion?! WHY?! I needed a top crisp and instead I ended up with the Osvaldo of crisps. And the damn snack guy on this train just walked by with Walkers.... Fuck this day.

Scum

More nice weather please!

You sound like an Atari 2600 fanboy.

dc89

Some of the best iOS Apps are currently free guys, here's a list:

Games

Tiny Wings (iPhone / iPad)
Badland (iPhone / iPad)
Sword & Sworcery (iPhone / iPad)
Infinity Blade 2 (iPhone / iPad)
Where's My Water (iPhone / iPad)
The Idiot Test 3 (iPhone)
Pig Shot (Universal)
Glow Puzzle (iPhone)
Real Steel (Universal)
Sentinel 2 : Earth Defense (iPhone)
Sentinel 3 : Home World (Universal)
War of Reproduction (iPhone)
Liquid Sketch (iPad)

Apps

Day One Journal (iPhone / iPad)
Traktor DJ (iPhone / iPad)
Over (iPhone / iPad)
Barefoot World Atlas (Universal)
How to cook everything (Universal)
Map My Ride + (iPhone)
Knots 3D (Universal)

To be fair, the same could be said about football clubs.

It is kind of like football clubs for some people, defend the console and company even if it's going through some bad times lol

Oh really? How do you want to win then? By keeping the ball as much as you can?

Well, lets change the rules of football. The team that keeps the ball the most wins

Just like King of the Hill in Halo. Better right? Since scoring goals is so "passe"

:lol

Linius

Oh really? How do you want to win then? By keeping the ball as much as you can?

Well, lets change the rules of football. The team that keeps the ball the most wins

Just like King of the Hill in Halo. Better right? Since scoring goals is so "passe"

What are you doing? Sthp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom