• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomez is an absolute bargain for Fiorentina. £13m + 3.5m in add ons.

Since he turned 21 in 2006, he has scored 192 goals in 275 appearances.

That's insane value for money for a striker with that record.
Really surprised nobody else attempted to sign him.

He would have been perfect for Spurs, I'd have thought.

LNBL

BOp7NQeCAAEvySA.jpg

beast

Bioshock 2
Prince of Persia
Bulletstorm
Folklore
Machinarium
Darksiders
Space Marine
Sly Raccoon
Hitman Absolution
Ico HD
SotC HD

Not bought yet:

Nier
Tomb Raider
Bioshock: Infinite
Ni No Kuni

Recommend, bitches

Feorax

FWIW I still expect this transfer to happen. It seems to be too far along at this point for it to all go tits up, even for Arsenal.

That being said, if Higuain does stay, i can't see Suarez going to Madrid unless to replace Di Maria. Too many people already in the striker and number 10 roles for him to get enough game time.

kharma45

Bioshock 2
Prince of Persia
Bulletstorm
Folklore
Machinarium
Darksiders
Space Marine
Sly Raccoon
Hitman Absolution
Ico HD
SotC HD

Not bought yet:

Nier
Tomb Raider
Ni No Kuni

Recommend, bitches

Tomb Raider was ace. BioShock obviously but I haven't got round to it yet.

Fady K

Happy for Abidal too.

So Monaco has bought 8 players already this summer?

MonacoXPSG = French league basically.

I learnt one thing today courtesy of FadyK. You can actually use your seat belt to secure your McDonalds for transit.

mWFuFGu.png

Haha! It really worked ;D

Scum

FWIW I still expect this transfer to happen. It seems to be too far along at this point for it to all go tits up, even for Arsenal.

That being said, if Higuain does stay, i can't see Suarez going to Madrid unless to replace Di Maria. Too many people already in the striker and number 10 roles for him to get enough game time.

Madrid will just buy for the sake of it. But I too think that Higuain to Arsenal is done.

The Last of Us

:p

Don;t think I can be bothered to platinum TLoU, seems a bit of a checklisty timesink

Worth noting that Ico and SotC would be replays. They are 2 of the best games ever made though, so they have that going in their favour

@Walshy, I was thinking Folklore. Its the only one I don't know much about. I imagine I'll give up on Hitman and Bulletstrom within a couple of hours

L1NETT

Right guys, gonna play XCOM for the first time shortly. Give me some advice, I hear this is hardcore.

My GOTY 2012. Fucking sweet game.

But yeah, it can be quite unforgiving. Name your soldiers after people you don't like, so you don't care when they die.

For you, I would say

Alex "Grandpa" Ferguson
Ashley "Get up" Young
Wayne "Shrek" Rooney

Etc etc :p

Enjoy it though, great game. Make sure you build satellites early.

Scum

It's absolutely astounding what Murray has achieved but does he deserve a Knighthood? If anything he should be used as an inspiration for the yoots of today who have very little to look up to in society nowadays.

Fady K

Right guys, gonna play XCOM for the first time shortly. Give me some advice, I hear this is hardcore.

The demo was brillllllliant! Don't bother going for hard mode I say. The tutorials are very helpful too I believe. Enjoy!!

Worth noting that Ico and SotC would be replays. They are 2 of the best games ever made though, so they have that going in their favour

Finished ICO a couple of months ago for the first time, quite awesome. Starting Shadow of the Colossus HD today
for the first time

Scum

Don;t think I can be bothered to platinum TLoU, seems a bit of a checklisty timesink

@Walshy, I was thinking Folklore. Its the only one I don't know much about. I imagine I'll give up on Hitman and Bulletstrom within a couple of hours

Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider. Should be able to get either for cheap by now.

Feorax

Madrid will just buy for the sake of it. But I too think that Higuain to Arsenal is done.

They can throw the money about, but they also need to covince the player it's worth the move. It's not like Suarez needs to move for the sake of recognition for international football, and he's already pretty damn well paid. Madrid would have to convince him he's at a high enough priority to play most games over Ozil, Isco, Ronaldo, Higuain, and Benzema. There's also the shadow of Bale possibly going there next year.

Tough sell unless one of the above is getting shipped out.

Salvadora

That AS story says that Higuain has asked his agent(s) to step up negotiations so he can move before the 15th.

It also mentioned that Mourinho had told him that his contract would be improved and extended, which it wasn't.

There's bad blood there.

bud

Bioshock 2
Prince of Persia
Bulletstorm
Folklore
Machinarium
Darksiders
Space Marine
Sly Raccoon
Hitman Absolution
Ico HD
SotC HD

Not bought yet:

Nier
Tomb Raider
Ni No Kuni

Recommend, bitches

i recently finished ico hd. it's a beautiful experience.

not that long of a game either, you could probably finish it in 6-8 hours on your first try.

i've now begun playing sotc. another beautiful game, but the controls are frustrating.

Fady K

i recently finished ico hd. it's a beautiful experience.

not that long of a game either, you could probably finish it in 6-8 hours on your first try.

i've playing sotc. another beautiful game, but the controls are frustrating.

Looks like we are going through the same games bud. Btw, if you enjoyed ICO, I have a feeling you may really enjoy the novel. It has 100x more story than the game did and dare I say it makes the plot unimaginably more interesting.

Starting SOTC tonight.

That AS story says that Higuain has asked his agent(s) to step up negotiations so he can move before the 15th.

It also mentioned that Mourinho had told him that his contract would be improved and extended, which it wasn't.

There's bad blood there.

#salvasnotconcerned

Tc91

I should play SOTC as well seeing as I signed up to ps+.

I have XCOM installed on my PC, maybe I should play it.

bud

Looks like we are going through the same games bud. Btw, if you enjoyed ICO, I have a feeling you may really enjoy the novel. It has 100x more story than the game did and dare I say it makes the plot unimaginably more interesting.

Starting SOTC tonight.

i had no idea there was a novel! i will look into it, thanks.

i liked the plot in the game, though. it was simple and to the point, and it actually made me care about the girl.

Hixx

This Peruzzi stuff is getting on my wick now.

His agent wants money off Velez. Velez need to sell Peruzzi to us as they are seemingly skint. Contract seems to finally be agreed, Velez and Sunderland have sorted the fee out but his agent wants a big pay off from Velez.

Now compare that to how transfers go in Europe with Altidore as an example. Bid accepted on friday, flew over yesterday, medical today, probably confirmation tomorrow. Transfers from South America to Europe always seem to take a lot longer, so many hoops to jump through...

Zabojnik

Damn, it's as if Cassano would pursued his career for Ascoli or Cremone. That is the new level of absurdity with this transfer. And how come Fiore can pay 16M€ for a player when they are in debt like now ?

What debt? Last I heard they were in the black and with Della Valle backing them, they're in no danger whatsoever. They've been on the rise these past few years and would've landed a CL spot last season, if it weren't for that magic Balotelli (pen.). They'll be gunning for a CL spot this season too, much like Tottenham. Gomez will be their star player and won't be playing for free, if the 5M€ + bonuses number is real. Sure, compared to Bayern, it's a huge downgrade. From what we know though, it's not like there were 3432134 clubs lining up for him and offering silly money.

I, for one, applaud his choice.

Fiorentina are hardly the best squad in Serie A but they're fairly competitive for at least CL, they play beautiful football, they have a team built to give a player like Gomez incredible numbers, and he will be the unquestioned starter so he'll get the minutes necessary to get a WC call up.

In footballing terms, yes Fiorentina is a step down from Bayern but in personal terms its a really good move for Gomez.

It's also an indicator that Serie A is on the rise.

dc89

My GOTY 2012. Fucking sweet game.

But yeah, it can be quite unforgiving. Name your soldiers after people you don't like, so you don't care when they die.

For you, I would say

Alex "Grandpa" Ferguson
Ashley "Get up" Young
Wayne "Shrek" Rooney

Etc etc :p

Enjoy it though, great game. Make sure you build satellites early.

Name all your soldiers as our usernames and tell us how it goes

The demo was brillllllliant! Don't bother going for hard mode I say. The tutorials are very helpful too I believe. Enjoy!!

Finished ICO a couple of months ago for the first time, quite awesome. Starting Shadow of the Colossus HD today
for the first time

I'm totally doing what Willkiller has suggested. Ok, here we go. #Packmas

Batigol

Banned
What's the chance of Klose going to next years WC? He had a decent season and still has goals in him

Think Low will take him for sentimental reasons so he can beat Ronaldo's record

LNBL

VI Radio just reported that Bruma is set up for the last medical check. Both the player and medical staff have positive hope that he can join PSV for the international tour.

Hixx

Wooden, Quiche pointed it to me during the Murray match last night but you sound really similar to Boris Becker. When he said "I'm excited!" I just pictured you saying it naked.

Watching Tour de France.

Damn it, Wooden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom