• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

i had no idea there was a novel! i will look into it, thanks.

i liked the plot in the game, though. it was simple and to the point, and it actually made me care about the girl.

It really was straightforward and interesting. As for the book, here you go.

Ico_CastleInTheMist.jpg

Wooden, Quiche pointed it to me during the Murray match last night but you sound really similar to Boris Becker. When he said "I'm excited!" I just pictured you saying it naked.

Watching Tour de France.

Damn it, Wooden.

Bullshit. At least I hope not, hate his voice. :(

He only sits there so he can do that lazy ass sitdown with your feet in the air. Looks cool on pictures.

Nah he really does sit there cause his license was suspended for drunk driving lol. His girlfriend in the other seat. He should just come back to Copenhagen for a season and play champions league and show he can be a good boy.

Kenka

Unlikely, he's their only striker.
So that's why he moved, hin hin hin.
Really surprised nobody else attempted to sign him.

He would have been perfect for Spurs, I'd have thought.
In any team with a good assist provider would help Gomez be under the spotlight. I have a sweet spot for Swansea so a Michu-Gomez partnership would have been tasty to me. But Tottenham wouldn't have been bad.

Germany GAF, please tell me it's true.
Most likely bullshit. Wolfsburg were a shame of a club under Magath, I don't think anyone would like to go there. Any resepctable player that is.
Fiorentina are hardly the best squad in Serie A but they're fairly competitive for at least CL, they play beautiful football, they have a team built to give a player like Gomez incredible numbers, and he will be the unquestioned starter so he'll get the minutes necessary to get a WC call up.

In footballing terms, yes Fiorentina is a step down from Bayern but in personal terms its a really good move for Gomez.

It's also an indicator that Serie A is on the rise.
What debt? Last I heard they were in the black and with Della Valle backing them, they're in no danger whatsoever. They've been on the rise these past few years and would've landed a CL spot last season, if it weren't for that magic Balotelli (pen.). They'll be gunning for a CL spot this season too, much like Tottenham. Gomez will be their star player and won't be playing for free, if the 5M€ + bonuses number is real. Sure, compared to Bayern, it's a huge downgrade. From what we know though, it's not like there were 3432134 clubs lining up for him and offering silly money.

I, for one, applaud his choice.

OK, there are people who would defend the move anyway, but I don't see the counterarguments as compelling as the criticism about the move, and I am simply overwhelmed by genuine disbelief about this whole circus. This transfer is as counternatural as crosdressed werewolves stripping in public, let's admit it. Also, good for Fiore that they are backed by Della Valle, that gives them the means to be competitive at least. I was wrong about the debts but I didn't know they were spared by the onslaught of bad finances widespread in Calcio.
fuck bayern
Kept that one for the end: truer words were seltdomly spoken.
#FuckBayern.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Florentino Perez on Higuain: "As of now, he won't go. Besides, Arsenal have not made a 27mE offer for him or anything. There is no offer."

Linius

Bullshit. At least I hope not, hate his voice. :(

Nah he really does sit there cause his license was suspended for drunk driving lol. His girlfriend in the other seat. He should just come back to Copenhagen for a season and play champions league and show he can be a good boy.

Lol, what a twat. Footballer really have a thing for drunk driving.

Feorax

Florentino Perez on Higuain: "As of now, he won't go. Besides, Arsenal have not made a 27mE offer for him or anything. There is no offer."

This is stupid. In this type of situation, it does no good for anyone to sit and wait. If it's going to happen, then somone make their fucking move already.

faridmon

Any reason we should be?

I mean post some pics and I might be interested. I reckon Slizz would be in as well seeing his taste in avatars.

Come on guys. Womens football is on the up and its good to see players are still passionate about representing their country as opposed to their men counter part where club football is all that matter.

Also, it the only tournament Norway is participating :(

GorillaJu

Those Spurts kits don't look good to me, but my opinion shouldn't be heeded as I pretty much hate everything Tottenham these days.

Suen

we do though, we got a new one yesterday. He supports Man City, Chelsea, PSG, Malaga and Man United.
How can one support so many shit teams at once? Only Malaga belong to the good side.
City, Chelsea and PSG form one big turd together.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Those Spurs kits are seriously awful.

Ugh.

The home and keeper kits are fine but I'm not sold on the away shirt.

attachment.php

It looks like we don't have a third kit this year although they might be saving that for later.

dc89

Right, here is my initial XCOM squad:

Leader: ME!
tc91
Wilbury
ShortyMe (girl soldier)
Linius
FadyK
Mumei (girl soldier)
Viva
Yurt
Hitcher
Willkiller
L1nett

Don't get pissy if you're not in the squad yet, there's plenty of time for you to get drafted in when some die :p

Linius

tc91
Wilbury
ShortyMe (girl soldier)
Linius
FadyK
Mumei (girl soldier)
Viva
Yurt
Hitcher
Willkiller
L1nett

Don't get pissy if you're not in the squad yet, there's plenty of time for you to get drafted in when some die :p

Nice :lol

fuenf

Germany GAF, please tell me it's true.

Well BILD is reporting that Wolfsburg is currently searching for a striker and that some agent called Giacomo Petralito was at the Wolfsburg team hotel last friday. Petralito is said to be well to Juve (and Italy) who are currently looking to get rid of Vucinic and Giovinco....

faridmon

tc91
Wilbury
ShortyMe (girl soldier)
Linius
FadyK
Mumei (girl soldier)
Viva
Yurt
Hitcher
Willkiller
L1nett

Nice. Choose my name when you are closer to the end game.

Fady K

tc91
Wilbury
ShortyMe (girl soldier)
Linius
FadyK
Mumei (girl soldier)
Viva
Yurt
Hitcher
Willkiller
L1nett

tumblr_m0h3x6CTNF1r58u5d.gif

Don't let me die early :p

Batigol

Banned
Come on guys. Womens football is on the up and its good to see players are still passionate about representing their country as opposed to their men counter part where club football is all that matter.

Also, it the only tournament Norway is participating :(

The quality of play is pretty bad still. And the keepers are horrendous

L1NETT

Lol good luck DC

Pray I am a sniper.

When I played I just named my soliders after comic book characters. Was pretty gutted when Gambit died.

--

That Arsenal kit is pretty sweet.

faridmon

The best songs in the New British Sea Power and one of the best songs this year is called ''Monsters of Sunderland''

You should feel proud Hixx

Kyoufu

tc91
Wilbury
ShortyMe (girl soldier)
Linius
FadyK
Mumei (girl soldier)
Viva
Yurt
Hitcher
Willkiller
L1nett

We're done. Finished. IT'S OVER.

Zabojnik

This transfer is as counternatural as crosdressed werewolves stripping in public, let's admit it.

Maybe it is, but it really doesn't feel that way to me. Probably because I've never thought of Gomez as this great player / striker, even with the statistics backing such claims. Same thing if Dzeko were to move to Napoli, for example.

tc91
Wilbury
ShortyMe (girl soldier)
Linius
FadyK
Mumei (girl soldier)
Viva
Yurt
Hitcher
Willkiller
L1nett

They're all going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom