• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never changed the names in XCOM, their weird random names were pretty funny.

I love XCOM so much, my personal GoTY last year. So good, going on a second run after my exams. I wish it was as fun online but I've played a few matches and didn't really feel it. The maps aren't big enough imo to let the enemy flank.

Feorax

Kone to Everton.
Don't know how to feel about that, but yeah, any striker is good striker...
Please sign Honda

What happened to Jellyfish still astounds me. He and Cisse were relentless at the end of the 2011/12 season, and then both just went to shit.

Kenka

Maybe it is, but it really doesn't feel that way to me. Probably because I've never thought of Gomez as this great player / striker, even with the statistics backing such claims. Same thing if Dzeko were to move to Napoli, for example.
Gomez is more like Pipita: an insanely good striker benched for a lesser teammate.
Reminds me of Diego Tristan and Makaay being at times benched to make way for Pandiani at Coruna back then. But even that lasted a few games, not entire seasons.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Back in training.

8883F156-6625-4144-9A7E-754D963FCE01-11360-0000116FFABFEFFF_zps65294fbb.jpg

Please don't go
I'm talking about Gylfi

Zabojnik

Gomez is more like Pipita: an insanely good striker benched for a lesser teammate.
Reminds me of Diego Tristan and Makaay being at times benched to make way for Pandiani at Coruna back then. But even that lasted a few games, not entire seasons.

If nothing else, Mario will look great in Viola's home shirt. :)

Please don't go
I'm talking about Gylfi

That defeat against the mighty Slovenia really messed him up.

Salvadora

Pardew is 'open-minded' about Joe Kinnear.
I'm very open-minded to Joe's position. I will take it as I see it.
"Some of the things Joe said he has apologised for, especially getting the names wrong of our players. That needs to be corrected because there is a certain respect needed there. I spoke to one or two players and my staff here and made them very aware of where the position lies."
It is very simple for me: if Joe can persuade Mike to invest in the right manner then that will be the best outcome for us. As well as we have done in the transfer market, there is always room for improvement.

Lets get this circus on the road.

Kenka

When is it for you? It could be tomorrow here.

Incredibly appropriate nickname :D
Yeah, could be tomorrow here too. I am not particularly looking forward to this Ramadan month. I wish I had more time wandering around a few hours prior to the sunset when the gentle breeze starts blowing but alas I am stuck in my office till late with no AC. Sucks donkey tail.

Brinbe

LOL...

Uruguay forward Diego Forlan, who played with Beckham at Manchester United for two seasons in the early part of the century, will be unveiled as Toronto FC’s newest designated player this week. It could happen as early as Monday or Tuesday, when the MLS international transfer window opens, and would make him available for selection for Saturday’s contest at Sporting Kansas City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom