• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Villa to Atletico? Fuck me. Who will Spurs go for now? Jovetic

RIP Yurt. You were brave.

I volunteer if you need any reinforcements. I'm relatively cheap to maintain, just a few Jaffa Cakes and a Coke Zero a day and I'm a meat shield good to go.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
€5.1m for Villa.

Barcelona "retain 50% of his transfer rights.".

Can't say I'm too bothered. If those were the terms Barcelona wanted I'm not surprised Levy backed off.

He would have been good but in December he'll be 32. He was never really ideal and there are lots of younger players out there who offer better value. I expect we will push the boat out for one of Benteke or Soldado. It may mean a reprieve for JD and Ade as well.

dc89

DO YOU SEE ZABO? DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU GET?!

This is Brendan's Wrath

:lolol

Already one soldier gone. I don't trust DC with our lives :(

tc and Shorty have survived two missions. Yurt was just unlucky.

I volunteer if you need any reinforcements. I'm relatively cheap to maintain, just a few Jaffa Cakes and a Coke Zero a day and I'm a meat shield good to go.

Have you completed basic training?

It's Tuesday for me too.

Incredibly appropriate nickname :D
Yeah, could be tomorrow here too. I am not particularly looking forward to this Ramadan month. I wish I had more time wandering around a few hours prior to the sunset when the gentle breeze starts blowing but alas I am stuck in my office till late with no AC. Sucks donkey tail.

If it's Tuesday for me then I'll have to endure 4 days of Ramadan before the summer break. It's so hot here, I am definitely not looking forward to those 4 days. But beyond that I don't mind it much.

RIP Yurt. You were brave.

Why are you writing them as if its your phone contact? lol "Yurt GAF" :p

Zabojnik

Its not good enough, Zabo.

There is only one way you can repent.

Give me the Arturo.

He's not good enough for Liverpool. You should've bid for ...

cassanoreal.png

Hixx

Can't say I'm too bothered. If those were the terms Barcelona wanted I'm not surprised Levy backed off.

He would have been good but in December he'll be 32. He was never really ideal and there are lots of younger players out there who offer better value. I expect we will push the boat out for one of Benteke or Soldado. It may mean a reprieve for JD and Ade as well.

I read this morning Chelsea were going in for him now that the Cavani deal is dead.

Zabojnik

With Mikiteriyaki being better than Gotze and Lewandowski staying for one more season, the CL final is all but secured for BVB.

D_prOdigy

I dunno. Really?

I mean, he's not gonna be worth several million £ a couple of years down the line due to his age. If Barca accepted €5.1m plus 50% of future transfer, then surely it wouldn't have taken much more than what, €8-10m, to secure a clauseless transfer? Levy that stingy?

Suen

Incredibly appropriate nickname :D
Yeah, could be tomorrow here too. I am not particularly looking forward to this Ramadan month. I wish I had more time wandering around a few hours prior to the sunset when the gentle breeze starts blowing but alas I am stuck in my office till late with no AC. Sucks donkey tail.
The time here is fucking crazy. You break it around 10:30 pm and then you start around 2 am. Even worse than last year which was hard enough.

Salvadora

I dunno. Really?

I mean, he's not gonna be worth several million £ a couple of years down the line due to his age. If Barca accepted €5.1m plus 50% of future transfer, then surely it wouldn't have taken much more than what, €8-10m, to secure a clauseless transfer? Levy that stingy?

I think you know the answer to that.

Ushojax

I read this morning Chelsea were going in for him now that the Cavani deal is dead.

Hazard x Lukaku vs Vertonghen x Dembele

Who can tap him up first?

I dunno. Really?

We supposedly offered much more than 5.1m though. I guess Villa really didn't want to leave Spain and the clause is there to offset the reduced fee. A 32 year old striker is not really what we need, no matter how good he was in his prime.

Wes

venison crêpe
YES YES YES

AT LAST VILLA HAS MOVED.

Now when I search for Aston Villa transfer news his ugly mug will stop popping up.

Suen

A friend of mine convinced me to try listening to Kpop so I gave it a try and listened to four random songs whos titles I don't remember. It's fucking shit I'd hear 10 years ago which was shit then too.

Vermaelen.

Benteke is an Arsenal fan.
Vermaelen will go to Barca.

A friend of mine convinced me to try listening to Kpop so I gave it a try and listened to four random songs whos titles I don't remember. It's fucking shit I'd hear 10 years ago which was shit then too.
Brown Eyed Girls - Abracadabra

Something like that

Big tune

Ushojax

My heart doesn't weep for Spurs, but I do think it would have been nice to see David Villa play in the PL.

I agree with that. There are a lot of brutish strikers in the PL but few with elegance. He'd have been good to watch.

Kenka

The time here is fucking crazy. You break it around 10:30 pm and then you start around 2 am. Even worse than last year which was hard enough.
How insane can it be ? People from Rovaniemi get to not eat and drink for weeks or what ?

In 2008, in Stockholm, it was already bad enough so I wonder how it will be this year for all my relatives who live above Hamburg. Some of them are in Bergen for hell's sake.

Salvadora

'Arsenal are the club I love,' Benteke said. 'I like their philosophy of selecting young players and, besides, they had Thierry Henry.

'For me he is the best player in the world and was my boyhood idol. I'm not afraid of making enemies at Villa by saying I love Arsenal.'
if the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I am convinced that we can reach a compromise where everybody comes out a winner.'
Sounds like a 'come and get me' plea if I've ever heard one.

Kenka

Their team is amazing, but they lack the depth to really compete both in Bundesliga and Champions League.
That's an issue, I hoped Koch, Leitner and Amini would have helped during crunches but alas they were not on par with the best. Bittencourt leaving doesn't make anyone a favour either. For all we know, Dortmund may start the season with an even thinner squad than last year. If some player gets injured mid-season, they are in for a tough ride.

Brown Eyed Girls - Abracadabra
2nded.

Question for the non-Liverpool fans:

Would you rather Suarez left the league, or played for a Norwich or someone who will not be a threat to your team in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom