• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

The lack of faith in Carlo Ancelotti disturbs me. we haven't even played our first preseason match yet. I do not want Madrid to waste money on strikers, that area is of least concern. midfield is and should be our priority right now. I want to upgrade from Khedira ffs :\.

Timurid

Blanc already making Ibra feel special. :D

With the Abidal going to Spartak Monaco then Digne should be coming! :D If Digne fails for any reason then Coentrao is our back up.

LegoArmo

Veratti + Thiago

tumblr_lnw66as5fR1qd0nalo1_500.gif

Mmm...

D_prOdigy

This Thiago deal is becoming increasingly similar to the Sneijder nonsense.

Yeah, I've been wanting to say it won't happen for weeks now, but I don't quite know how to articulate "all the signs point to it being guaranteed thus all the signs point to it not happening" the way I want to.

LEON OSMAN WE'RE COMING TO GET U

Suen

With Higuain possibly not leaving?

Not as dissapointed as our season will be with those two bottlers up front.
I'd put Benz up there instead, think he has more talent. He'll score and he'll assist. Pipita is a lone striker and with the focus on Fake-Ronaldo that kills his role pretty much.

This is not how the summer was supposed to look like. First it was all about getting Bale but then the rumours died down and it started to look more like he wouldn't come this summer but it was ok; by the time the rumors died down we were getting Isco which is a top quality player (despite us already having solid players in his position). We took Carvajal back so all that was needed was a great striker to replace Higuain/Benz and we'd had done well in the transfer window. Cavani looked like a great option and with him describing his love and admiration for the club it looked more likely he'd join us till the shitty oil-club Paris Saint Lol went in for him. There's still no talk about Suarez (whom I'd prefer less than Cavani but still a great player) and now there are rumors of Pipita staying. Fuck this shit, I want Higuain to be replaced by a better player and then fuck off from Madrid
(so I can see him in an Arse kit <3)

Arnie

Villa to Atletico? Holy shit. What a downgrade, for both parties lol
Well considering he was closely linked to Spurs it's actually somewhat of an upgrade, especially when you consider that no prospective club was going to be able to match Barcelona from a footballing perspective. Canny move.

Speaking of Spurs, now that Villa's moved elsewhere I bet they're annoyed that they didn't move for Kone whilst he was on the market...

JUST FUCKING KIDDING LOLVERTON LOL LOL

Clegg

The only media outlet I can find thats carrying the Verratti news is Sports Direct News.

Not the most reliable of sources tbh.

Suen

The first effects of having a weak manager is showing. I understand having Benz, but Higuain is no longer at the level we require.

Strikers and another midfielder to substitute Alonso, since he can't keep playing 90% of matches should be our priority. Instead we got Isco and let Cavani go to PSG.

At least I hope we get Illarramendi....
Morata, Jese...young talent right there. Perez can fuck off if he let these guys go, bith show lots of potential and definitely show the quality to be future players at Madrid. Illarramendi would be a great signing as well (although for competitions sake I'd prefer to see him stay through Sociedad another season with them in CL)

Bumhead

Banned
Robbo seems a bit out of touch with the fans.

I like Bryan Robson.

Helped destroy The Blunts and said we were the best purchase in English football on that program about shady takeovers.

Don't think I'd trust his opinions on football though. Bloke talks a LOT of bollocks outside of the above two examples.

Suen

The lack of faith in Carlo Ancelotti disturbs me. we haven't even played our first preseason match yet. I do not want Madrid to waste money on strikers, that area is of least concern. midfield is and should be our priority right now. I want to upgrade from Khedira ffs :\.
I'm hoping Ancelotti will do great, for now I have hope in him making our team very challenging both in Spain and in Europe. He has all the experience you'd hope a manager would have, besides doesn't he like investing in players from the academy? That would be a good thing.

Bumhead

Banned
We are linked with a player called Nortei Nortey.

Fucking lol.

From Chelsea's academy apparently? 18 year old full back.

Don't ever care how good he is, but I want to sign him.

Turok_TTZ

Mad we haven't signed Khedira's replacement yet. Khedira is the same player since the day we signed him 3 years ago. zero improvement since that time. Lacking technical ability, Lacking tactical awareness and positioning, too damn sluggish/stiff/slow. A decent tackler at least but he is good at nothing save physicality. average at almost everything, it will bother me a lot if he continues to start and not improve.

you cannot come soon enough Illarramendi!

Suen

We are linked with a player called Nortei Nortey.

Fucking lol.

From Chelsea's academy apparently? 18 year old full back.

Don't ever care how good he is, but I want to sign him.
:lol wtf. The guy will become a legend just on his name alone.

Turok_TTZ

PSG are richer than manutd, are in cl contention, are not a selling club, and have no reason to let verratti go. there isn't a release clause for verratti, not that i remember of.

gl to manutd but I don't see them signing verratti unless verratti's contract is in his last year and he wants to move on.
PSG aren't small time. T.S. is better than any defender united has and RVP got nothing on Zlatan. Shinji is cool but Lucas Moura is cooler.
If Blanc can recreate the bourdeax team he did all those years ago, this psg side can take out manutd np.

Clegg

Haters gonna hate etc etc.

I don't see the point in Isaiah Brown joining Chelsea from West Brom. He made his league debut last season at only 16 so surely he'd be in line for more game time over the next few seasons.

Chelsea have a poor record with young players. He'd be loaned out for a couple of seasons, forgotten about for a year or two, and if he's good enough maybe he'd become a semi regular in the first team by the time he's 22.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PSG are richer than manutd, are in cl contention, are not a selling club, and have no reason to let verratti go. there isn't a release clause for verratti, not that i remember of.

gl to manutd but I don't see them signing verratti unless verratti's contract is in his last year and he wants to move on.
PSG aren't small time. T.S. is better than any defender united has and RVP got nothing on Zlatan. Shinji is cool but Lucas Moura is cooler.
If Blanc can recreate the bourdeax team he did all those years ago, this psg side can take out manutd np.
I absolutely lost it at 'cool' and 'cooler' :lol :lol :lol

Timurid

Tbh a move from PSG to united would be a step down right now. Maybe if Moyes is successful and wins or get to a final of the UCL, but now no way any of our players are going to be off there. The only step ups are Madrid, Bayern, and Barca.

Salvadora

Tbh a move from PSG to united would be a step down right now. Maybe if Moyes is successful and wins or get to a final of the UCL, but now no way any of our players are going to be off there. The only step ups are Madrid, Bayern, and Barca.

You're the French Man City.

Nothing more.

Haters gonna hate etc etc.

I don't see the point in Isaiah Brown joining Chelsea from West Brom. He made his league debut last season at only 16 so surely he'd be in line for more game time over the next few seasons.

Chelsea have a poor record with young players. He'd be loaned out for a couple of seasons, forgotten about for a year or two, and if he's good enough maybe he'd become a semi regular in the first team by the time he's 22.

I completely understand your points, what I would say is that seems to be a clear intention to use more of the younger players (note the word intention, no idea if it will actually happen). We've got a team that is growing ever younger with the signings we make. I think the club have invested a lot in these younger players (ones outside the first team) and are hoping that some of them do make it. If we can have some academy players come through it will mean we don't need to spend and I think thats part of how they see us becoming self sustaining.

I really don't wanna get into these petty club wars but really what do PSG have over any of the English clubs?

They got to the CL quarter finals. That's literally it, a decent run for one season.

Of course they can pay alot of money...but that's the only attraction for players. I'm only guessing but I reckon if you asked any of the PSG players if he could swap PSG for United/City/Chelsea on equal pay he'd say yes pretty quickly.

Anyhow - PSG won't be selling anyone anytime soon.

flippedb

Banned
Did Ronaldo sign a new contract yet?
Or Milan. Fooooorza Milaaaaan!
You're the French Man City.

Nothing more.

What does Torino have to do with Fra...ah, I get it lol

pulga

Banned
Did Ronaldo sign a new contract yet?

Or Milan. Fooooorza Milaaaaan!

What does Torino have to do with Fra...ah, I get it lol

Nope, but both Cristiano and Florentino have stated their intent the past week to continue the Ronaldo/Madrid relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom