• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Does he and Lukaku not play up front together for Belgium? They could easily play off one another with Mirallas and Hazard either side, Dembele and Fellaini holding... or push Dembele up and include Witsel I suppose. But I'd be tempted to go with the first one, both of them must be such a fucking struggle for a defence to contain.

Peco

MzPfiQF.jpg
<3 Our future heroes. <3

So handsome.

Also, lol @ Galliani saying that a second striker is basically a midfielder.
I'm just a pothead.

Arnie

I thought you'd love it what with the ridiculous pattern.

Without the blue blob it's alright, not enamoured by the collary thing. With the blob I think it looks hideous. The blue just doesn't fit, at all.

Most advertisements just blend in, this one dominates the shirt. Yuck.

Salvadora

The Benteke transfer request comes across as a bit pointless.

If a club had come in with an appropriate bid he would've been gone anyway.

If Chelsea also gets Benteke, then I'm in team #FuckChelsea. Lukaku, de Bruyne, Benteke and Hazard, that's not fair.

Until they sell us a pissed at Chelsea de Bruyne and Lukaku next year hahahahahaha

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck I forgot about KDB, he'd be there as well

Man

Mignolet and Courtois
Kompany, Vertonghen, van Buyten
Vermaelen
Witsel, Fellaini, Defour, Dembele
Gillet, Hazard, De Bruyne, Mirallas
Lukaku, Benteke

thats just not fair

dc89

Man

Mignolet and Courtois
Vermaelen
Lukaku, Benteke

thats just not fair

Is that a new formation Wilbz?

The Benteke transfer request comes across as a bit pointless.

If a club had come in with an appropriate bid he would've been gone anyway.
Alot of times it's something the club will ask the player to do.

Villa know they can't keep him if a big club is in for him. This keeps it simple. He announces he wants to leave, no speculation. They've issued a statement confirming it and already say they'll listen to bids.

Have a feeling this might be done quickly. He probably already knows which club it is he wants to go to.

Peco

Man

Mignolet and Courtois
Vermaelen
Lukaku, Benteke

thats just not fair

Mertens is belgian right. And yeah, Praet is the next wonder kid.

subtles

Catalan Sport: Aguero's agent has contacted Barca.

Bullshit. He signed a new deal a few weeks back.
Thus the club's spies are no longer monitoring his agent. Such devious tactics.......It's uncanny and unlike anything the PL has ever seen.

Salvadora

Man

Mignolet and Courtois
Vermaelen
Lukaku, Benteke

thats just not fair

You know what, Belgium must be thanking their lucky stars that a large part of the national team plays for the one team.

We could be in for a Spanish situation, in which all their players play for basically two teams.

It could equal international success.
Alot of times it's something the club will ask the player to do.

Villa know they can't keep him if a big club is in for him. This keeps it simple. He announces he wants to leave, no speculation. They've issued a statement confirming it and already say they'll listen to bids.

Have a feeling this might be done quickly. He probably already knows which club it is he wants to go to.
It's down to either Spurs or Chelsea, isn't it.

Feel like it'd be a mistake if Chelsea got him. Too similar to Lukaku, footballing wise.

Do you think?

I dunno, he is good but is he good enough for Chelsea and Mourinho? I feel like they'd go for a surer bet.

And as an aside - is he even that much if at all better than Lukaku?

But yeah if it's Chelsea £20m + Lukaku on loan for the season would be a pretty good deal for Villa.

Without the blue blob it's alright, not enamoured by the collary thing. With the blob I think it looks hideous. The blue just doesn't fit, at all.

Most advertisements just blend in, this one dominates the shirt. Yuck.

The pattern on the blue one: http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/product/mass13

The problem is most companies have specific colours for their logos. It's a shame because the navy blue logo like this (I think someone made this before it was revealed) doesn't look as shite:

tottmockzcsrd.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Think Benteke would make a mistake going to Chelsea, especially if Lukaku isn't sold. Spurs if he stays in the league, Napoli or Dortmund if abroad.

Arnie

Do you think?

I dunno, he is good but is he good enough for Chelsea and Mourinho? I feel like they'd go for a surer bet.

And as an aside - is he even that much if at all better than Lukaku?

He's good enough for Chelsea, and quite a bit better than Lukaku in his current evolutionary form (second stage, one to come).

I've a mate who's a West Brom fan (he actually perseveres through their matches, rather than watching highlights) and he assures me that Lukaku's not as good as people make him out to be. Sure, he's got a fucking lorry-load of potential, but as a footballer he's rustier than Paul Scholes' winter garden. There's a reason he made a lot of appearances from the bench; he'll do the same at Chelsea.

The pattern on the blue one: http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/product/mass13

The problem is most companies have specific colours for their logos. It's a shame because the navy blue logo like this (I think someone made this before it was revealed) doesn't look as shite:

tottmockzcsrd.jpg
That mockup is lovely.

Hadn't noticed the pattern on the away, and I quite like it. Got that 'mad as fuck' vibe that I think second and third strips should have. Still think the kit's manky primarily because of the colour, though. I just can't handle that baby blue, it's my kryptonite.

I hated our third shirt a few years back that had a strip of it. Ugly colour.

dc89

Thus the club's spies are no longer monitoring his agent. Such devious tactics.......It's uncanny and unlike anything the PL has ever seen.

:lololol

According to reports the fee is £30m. So city are prepared to sell him for £8m less than we bought him for, despite being tied into a long contract and being one of the best strikers around.

Wilbur

Banned
Isn't Blind Communication Belgian? And I seem to recall him being massively positive about Tekkers but not Lukaku. I think the former is a better player to be honest but if he moves to Chelsea one of them has to miss out, and that would be a shame. The three I mentioned would be the best fits for him, and I hope it's Spurs #loveandre

Salvadora

He's good enough for Chelsea, and quite a bit better than Lukaku in his current evolutionary form (second stage, one to come).

I've a mate who's a West Brom fan (he actually perseveres through their matches, rather than watching highlights) and he assures me that Lukaku's not as good as people make him out to be. Sure, he's got a fucking lorry-load of potential, but as a footballer he's rustier than Paul Scholes' winter garden. There's a reason he made a lot of appearances from the bench; he'll do the same at Chelsea.

I noticed that too, oddly enough.

He always seemed to be coming off the bench.

Hmm, not sure.

Would be a good signing for sure and he has many years ahead of him but I feel better about Chelsea signing Benteke instead of Cavani, Suarez or Rooney.

Maybe I'm being naive about it.

Arnie

The dream is over
boo fucking hoo
Hmm, not sure.

Would be a good signing for sure and he has many years ahead of him but I feel better about Chelsea signing Benteke instead of Cavani, Suarez or Rooney.

Maybe I'm being naive about it.
Cavani or Suarez have double the prestige and twice the pricetag.

Rooney's a question mark shaped donut.

Benteke's a banker given his stature and style, allied with Mourinho.

I think you're over thinking it tbh.

He's wasted at Chelsea. They play in the same position

Better off at Spurs
He'd be the primary starting striker.

It's the strikers beneath him in the pecking order that'd be wasted.

Like Fernando Torres the eternal fucking wastejob.

I don't understand the HP logo on our kit. Back when we had them in the 90s it was the same blue as the shirt trimmings and badge. When they sponsored an F1 car they also adapted the logo colour to match the car.......this home shirt just looks wank.

I quite like the training gear though, ill probably go with that again this season, the shirts aren't the same anymore.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Levy I order you to sign Benteke. We must complete our Belgian Triforce.

I would be fine starting next season with Benteke, Ade and Defoe. There's no way the latter two will be so shit next season.

Regarding Barcelona’s Thiago, del Bosque stated that “It is important for him to get minutes”

That's it, push him over the line Del Bosque.

I was gonna say push him over the edge but I had to troll-proof my post.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't find it that shitty that we sold Villa for 2.1 millions. With him we won 2 leagues and one CL (More than say... CR7) we destroyed Madrid 5-0 with him scoring 2 goals. I don't know, I think his performances more than made up for his 40 millions price-tag.

Of course it would've been nice if we got more money from the transfer, but considering he was due a whooping 11 millions in wages this season if he stayed, I think the club made the right choice to sell him.

the injury fucked him bad, and no club was willing to buy him for a lot of money. coupled that with a so-so season and a dismal confed cup, the club didn't really have much a choice but to sell him basically for peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom