• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Do you fill out every PL home game?

The answer is obviously no. Perhaps you sell too many season tickets and not enough other tickets
Sold tickets are revenue and frankly that's what matters in the end. City chasing dat top 5 ranking..stadium expansion would make it a guarantee.

Sold tickets are revenue and frankly that's what matters in the end. City chasing dat top 5 ranking..stadium expansion would make it a guarantee.

Fans with season tickets who voluntarily and regularly neglect to use them are selfish cunts. City should find a way of tracking th holders' actual attendance and take back ones that aren't being used enough, with suitable refund, to be distributed on general sale until the next batch of season tickets are being sorted.

From a financial and regulatory standpoint, a sold ticket is a sold ticket. By every other metric having thousands of empty seats every other home game is ludicrous, and that would ideally be fixed before expanding the stadium

Perhaps it will improve on its own with Pellegrini's more effective*, attractive brand if football

*Relative to quality

GQman2121

Banned
Was destroyed at work today, so I'm just now reading up on the news. The Bentekers stuff is interesting, but I hope we're not interested. I would rather let Lukaku run loose than overpay (which is what it'll take) for Benteke. Fine player, just not worth holding his comrade back at the price it would take to strike a deal.

I do have a feeling that he's only handed in his request because he's been assured that someone is coming in for him. And it's probably us. :(

MPW

Rosell management:
Henry: Bought: €24m - Sold: €1.5m
Zlatan: Bought: €65m - Sold: €22m
Villa: Bought: €40m - Sold: €5m

no worries, barca will make a huge profit when they sell messi in 2 years and build around neymar

Salvadora

well maybe if he scored some f'n crucial goals in CL, he would get the love

check his record in CL and compare to benz, he's f'n horrible
I don't know MPW, the article presents a convincing argument.

I genuinely felt bad for the guy after reading it.
I feel like some Arsenal fans who've said in the past 'I wouldn't want Suarez, he'd bring shame on the club' would in fact jizz themselves silly if it were to happen
I think I'm one of those people.

I feel like some Arsenal fans who've said in the past 'I wouldn't want Suarez, he'd bring shame on the club' would in fact jizz themselves silly if it were to happen
I don't really care about that lol, he is a brilliant player, we all like watching amazing talent.

I'd know I'd love Suarez at Arsenal, for sure.

GorillaJu

There is an article in a Japanese newspaper today about (Arsenal's) Miyaichi Ryo's little brother, Tsuyoshi. He's tipped to move abroad in the future. Germany, I'm sure...

Lightning

Banned
I admitted it yesterday that I would love Suarez at Arsenal. He would be an outstanding signing and the best striker we could possibly sign. Better than Higuain or Rooney I would take Suarez over both!

I feel terrible about Ryan Davis' passing, and I feel like a cunt for thinking about it partly in a 'what does this mean for the future of GiantBomb?' way.

Never felt particularly bad after the death of someone famous (if only among games media) but this one has taken the wind out of me. Fuck.

rodvik

Was destroyed at work today, so I'm just now reading up on the news. The Bentekers stuff is interesting, but I hope we're not interested. I would rather let Lukaku run loose than overpay (which is what it'll take) for Benteke. Fine player, just not worth holding his comrade back at the price it would take to strike a deal.

I do have a feeling that he's only handed in his request because he's been assured that someone is coming in for him. And it's probably us. :(

I think it is you lot at well. But the curveball rumour doing the rounds is...... Bayern.

wtf?

I feel terrible about Ryan Davis' passing, and I feel like a cunt for thinking about it partly in a 'what does this mean for the future of GiantBomb?' way.

Never felt particularly bad after the death of someone famous (if only among games media) but this one has taken the wind out of me. Fuck.

Me too man

MPW

fuck

just fuck

i haven't been going to gaming sites since e3 ended that much ... and he was only 34 ... RIP :(

Zabojnik

Benteke is a one season wonder.

Sky Italia: City are set to meet with Fiorentina for Jovetic talks this Wednesday.

The scenario I was worried about is about to come true. Jojo will say no to City, we'll keep lowballing Fiorentina, who'd rather sell Jovetic to Villa for half the price anyway, City will come knocking with another offer and a dream salary for Jojo, at which point he'll say yes.

Is Jovetic even that good?

Not really.

Salvadora

I've never listened to the giant bomb thing or heard of Ryan Davis. What's good about the podcast?

I haven't been a long time listener, but from what I've heard recently it's a bit hit or miss.

So much non-gaming talk about the most boring subjects. When they get to the game stuff it's usually top notch, though.

Slizz

iLTJBd3mx9NKo.gif

Thiago riding on an Aeroflot yet?

I haven't been a long time listener, but from what I've heard recently it's a bit hit or miss.

So much non-gaming talk about the most boring subjects. When they get to the game stuff it's usually top notch, though.

Yeah. Vinny is the only one who makes it enjoyable to listen to about his life outside GiantBomb. The arcade machine discussions are terribly boring for what I imagine is about 90% of their audience.

The quicklooks and especially endurance runs are top notch though

GorillaJu

I've never listened to the giant bomb thing or heard of Ryan Davis. What's good about the podcast?

It's just some dudes talking about games. Their biggest allure is probably their relatable nature. They have cred because if I recall correctly they don't take ad money from game companies.

Ryan Davis was the voice of Giant Bomb for the most part. They all seem like sincere people. I'm not a big fan of Giant Bomb (neither do I hold anything against them) but man his passing really does hit close to home. After listening to the Bombcast a few dozen times, it feels tragic for me – for real fans who have been following them for years it must feel like they've lost a close friend.

He was really close to the community.

Is there any other gaming podcast where they drink human breast milk on or talk in great detail about Peter Molyneux balls?

That's what makes it different from the rest though and what the fans like. There's hundreds of gaming podcast out there doing a fine job of talking about games that you can listen to. The whole idea of giantbomb is just a great fucking story, Gerstmann getting fired from Gamespot for giving your opinion on a game and then making a small rival site slowly taking all the talent from gamespot and have it quickly grew bigger than the big boys sites, despite hosting it all from some dirty basement on a stained couch.

Lightning

Banned
Benteke is a one season wonder.

The scenario I was worried about is about to come true. Jojo will say no to City, we'll keep lowballing Fiorentina, who'd rather sell Jovetic to Villa for half the price anyway, City will come knocking with another offer and a dream salary for Jojo, at which point he'll say yes.
You can't be that surprised? The second they sold Tevez this was the logical step for City. Younger and a lot of potential to be even better. Ticks all the right boxes for City.

I hope their medical team make extra room for him lol.

Messi

I started with the first episode of the hotspot about 10 years ago or more. I have been hearing or seeing ryan several times a week for most of my adult life. I feel awful today and can't imagine how his wife and family feel.

Summer is usually a slower time on the bombcast as there are not many games. The show is great because of the personalities.

:(

I started with the first episode of the hotspot about 10 years ago or more. I have been hearing or seeing ryan several times a week for most of my adult life. I feel awful today and can't imagine how his wife and family feel.

Summer is usually a slower time on the bombcast as there are not many games. The show is great because of the personalities.

You listened to last weeks yet? Can not help but love a gaming podcast that can start up by listening to Russian number stations and then talking about that. :lol

Also how awesome of Harmonix to do a 40 min tribute video to Ryan.

Messi

You listened to last weeks yet? Can not help but love a gaming podcast that can start up by listening to Russian number stations and then talking about that. :lol

Yeah I listened to it on wednesday. Usually I really like Jeffcasts but something felt off without Ryan this time, and no Vinny or Patrick. This whole thing fucking sucks.

I've listened to the Bombcast every night for about a year and a half. I've always listened to stuff to help me sleep but yeah, laughed myself to sleep countless times. It helped me to keep my mind off things I didn't want to think about when I tried to sleep.

I never thought I could feel so sad about someone I never met. I guess it's a testament to his personality

Salvadora

That's what makes it different from the rest though and what the fans like. There's hundreds of gaming podcast out there doing a fine job of talking about games that you can listen to. The whole idea of giantbomb is just a great fucking story, Gerstmann getting fired from Gamespot for giving your opinion on a game and then making a small rival site slowly taking all the talent from gamespot and have it quickly grew bigger than the big boys sites, despite hosting it all from some dirty basement on a stained couch.
It's not what some of the fans like, though. I've read lots of complaints about the unfunny & uninteresting non-gaming talk for quite some time now. It isn't just me.

To be clear, I've got nothing against non-gaming talk and have on occasion enjoyed it a huge amount.

It's really heartbreaking. You really take these things for granted :(

Won't feel the same, it just won't.

Messi

I've listened to the Bombcast every night for about a year and a half. I've always listened to stuff to help me sleep but yeah, laughed myself to sleep countless times. It helped me to keep my mind off things I didn't want to think about when I tried to sleep.

I never thought I could feel so sad about someone I never met. I guess it's a testament to his personalities.

I always sleep with podcasts on for this exact reason. Bombcast is/was always my fav one, When I hear the music kick in I can relax and know its good times. Then "Heyyyyy everybody, its tuesday"

I always sleep with podcasts on for this exact reason. Bombcast is/was always my fav one, When I hear the music kick in I can relax and know its good times. Then "Heyyyyy everybody, its tuesday"

It's bed time for me, the Bombcast is on. I feel sad this time :(

arkon

I've never really payed much attention to Giant Bomb and the assorted media from it so it hasn't really affected me, but... damn, that's a young age to go. My condolences to his family and friends.

The biggest hit for me in terms of someone well-known passing was either Brian Jacques or Leslie Nielsen. At least those guys had a good run though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom