• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

deGod

bad choice of words but it's not going to be a holiday :p essentially I'm looking to emigrate there or to Istanbul in turkey. Cyprus is the safer bet atm because my family has land and building a house is relatively cheap with the right connections.

7U0yX3p.jpg

Tis good to have land

justjohn

I don't intend to, not least because I wouldn't know how to express it without stepping out onto a minefield.
Oh no please make a thread it will be funny.
"Is liking a black actor racist? Shouldn't we be hating them instead?"

Anyway ive been checking ryan davis' s wife twitter.anyone find it bizzare how she seems completely unaffected ? Your husband died a few hours ago and you're on twitter making jokes about it. She seems very casual for someone who just lost a husband.

Anyway ive been checking ryan davis' s wife twitter.anyone find it bizzare how she seems completely unaffected ? Your husband died a few hours ago and you're on twitter making jokes about it. She seems very casual for someone who just lost a husband.

He died the the 3rd, so not exactly a few hours ago, this is the day after. But yeah, still a bit weird but everyone cope with loss differently, Dave made a few jokes too.

GorillaJu

Oh no please make a thread it will be funny.
"Is liking a black actor racist? Shouldn't we be hating them instead?"

That's not at all what I meant but thanks for accurately illustrating the disengenuous bullshit I'd have to deal with if I had made a thread.

GorillaJu

His wife might be trying to keep someone else's spirits up.

If our away shirt was black with this design, I would order one with Verratti on the back pronto.

That's not bad looking. It's much better than last year's away kit (I hate Mandarin collars, even though I know that kit was popular), which begs the question: why can't Nike come up with a decent home kit? United haven't had a good one in 4-5 years.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Rosell management:
Henry: Bought: €24m - Sold: €1.5m
Zlatan: Bought: €65m - Sold: €22m
Villa: Bought: €40m - Sold: €5m

Putting things into perspective, Pep didn't want Ibra after 2009-2010 season and Rosell was left with no other choice but to sell him, I always thought 40m for Villa was excessive (but we won 2 leagues and one CL, so the club's triumphs more than made up for his price-tag) Also both him and Ibra were Laporta transfers and I think both transfers were ridiculous (Ibra's transfer stands as the club's worst piece of business in its entire history).

We won a treble with Henry, so...

What's the point of buying low and selling high, if the club wins fuck all. Look at Arsenal, masterclass in economics, but where are the titles?

GorillaJu

Putting things into perspective, Pep didn't want Ibra and Rosell was left with no other choice but to sell him, I always thought 40m for Villa was excessive (but we won 2 leagues and one CL, so the club's triumphs more than made up for his price-tag) Also both him and Ibra were Laporta transfers and I think both transfers were ridiculous (Ibra's transfer stands as the club's worst piece of business in its entire history).

We won a treble with Henry, so...

What's the point of buying low and selling high, if the club wins fuck all. Look at Arsenal, masterclass in economics, but where are the titles?

Because you're not even keeping the players around. Even Chelsea, who buy high, either sell fairly well or the players stay until their contract is up. Arsenal is the polar opposite of Barça, yes, but there's a successful middle ground that doesn't require idiotic spending and still wins trophies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
In Villa's case it was either selling him for peanuts or keeping him and having to pay him 11m in wages.

11m for someone that's not going to have a big role in the team is ridiculous.

With Ibra he was basically a walking bomb, his relationship with Pep was pretty much broken and he even threatened to punch Pep in the face if he stayed at Barcelona any longer.

the club was never in a good negotiating position in both transfers and needed to sell ASAP.

Lightning

Banned
There was no need to take a swipe at Arsenal in that. We haven't had much choice but to operate the way we have due to the pressure of the stadium. It's a miracle that we've managed to achieve CL football every season and keep our seeding and standing up to a reasonable level given the lack of money actually put in.

Now we've got very good commercial revenue coming in, brand new stadium, and we can begin anew,

I know that Barcelona sold Villa for 5.1m because in august his salary will be 11m

But I mean 5.1m? Oh come on! This is David Villa, one of the best clinical strikers!

dc89

This is what I'm talking about!

They had a wonderful talk about robots taking over a little while back, had me laughing for a good long while.

Oh God, I'm being compared to Meus!

I love the random off-topic conversations they have and would loathe to see it go away. I just want it better ;p. I loved the ants in the modem story, for example.

Ants in the modem was fucking classic. Sooooooo funny. I was literally in stitches.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mario Gomez posted this on his Facebook

“Dear fans, it is time to announce that I'll be leaving the club with a weeping and a laughing eye,” he posted on his official Facebook page.

“I would like to thank you fans and of course my team-mates, the staff and all the people at Bayern for the sensational support you gave me.

“It was a great time at the best club in the world. I am very grateful for the great experience that I could made here in these four years.”

“Now begins a new chapter for me and I look forward to joining my new club Fiorentina, as well as the city, the country, the language and the culture... and of course the delicious food.

“I will be still very connected to Munich and this great club and wish the team all of the best and much success. I’m sure they will remain the best team in the world with this great coach next year.

“Once again many thanks, especially to fans. Your Mario. #FuckElsk ”

-

The scenario I was worried about is about to come true. Jojo will say no to City, we'll keep lowballing Fiorentina, who'd rather sell Jovetic to Villa for half the price anyway, City will come knocking with another offer and a dream salary for Jojo, at which point he'll say yes.

Not really.
HAVE FAITH PLAYBOY

I don't trust that Ramadani fella though.

flippedb

Banned
Game of Thrones just reminded me I haven't gotten laid for a couple months now. Shit.
Tevez is 6kg overweight apparently.

So much for 'no restaurants in Manchester' you CUNT.
If he got fat at England, where the food is so shit, imagine what will happen to him in Italy lol

Only just saw Benteke had handed in a transfer request this morning. Well that's interesting, feel bad for Villa though, always liked them for some reason, would be pretty hilarious if Chelsea replaced Ba with him though, just buy all the Belgian national team pls.

Clydefrog

Only just saw Benteke had handed in a transfer request this morning. Well that's interesting, feel bad for Villa though, always liked them for some reason, would be pretty hilarious if Chelsea replaced Ba with him though, just buy all the Belgian national team pls.

Mou should become the Belgian national coach. ... that'd be insane

Suen

Let him buy the Belgian national team and move Chelsea to Jupiler League so EPL can be purified. Take Vermaelen with you
and sell him to Barca

Turok_TTZ

I don't know MPW, the article presents a convincing argument.

I genuinely felt bad for the guy after reading it.
I want to feel bad but... Well Higuain did have his chances and he sure did blew it. That's just how it works in Madrid. He was even given a last chance by Mourinho last season with rotation at the expense of The Benz. Benzema however outscored Higuain again 20 to 17 to show Mourinho made a huge mistake doing so, an off form Benz need I remind.

The Lyon games condemned him for many madridistas. for others like myself. His consistent disappointment in the cl condemned him. btw for perspective on his cl failures as a striker, I believe half his total cl goals scored in cl history are goals he scored against Ajax. this is not a joke or sarcasm, I'm dead serious. either half or 3 goals out of his 8 goals are against ajax exclusively.

It is true that he had a lot against him but unfortunately he hasn't been helping himself either. Especially with his now prone to getting carded for absolutely silly shit that could have easily been avoided. This happens even when we are winning matches.
I have mixed feelings on Higuain. On one hand he has been with us for 7 years and for 7 years he has bled for the shirt. On the other hand, dude just failed when the time came to step up and go to the next level. He never recovered from that lyon game imo.

I believe he could have had a better time here... if we weren't so fixated on La Decima. That was the very reason why Benzema was signed in the first place.Higuain wasn't showing the goods in cl and Benzema did.

I want to feel sad for higuain but... he botched the chances that was given to him. And last season, he failed to justify mou's rotation which hurt us later on. I still want him to stay despite all that. As a backup though. Benz already proven a long time ago who was the better cf.

[Fugo]

As a Fiorentina supporter, Gomez coming here was amazing news.
A top striker here again.
Will never be like the 9 years of Batistuta - one of the best ever in the role - but the team backing him up is much better, goalkeeper aside.

Forza Viola!

Turok_TTZ

Higuain outscored The Benz the last time you won the league.

Respect motha fucka

I'm sorry are you referring to the season of 2011-12 in which Real Madrid won the league from the infidels of Farsa, the same season where Benzema scored 32 goals? Higuain scored 26 that season mate...

Math, how does it work?

I'm sorry are you referring to the season of 2011-12 in which Real Madrid won the league from the infidels of Farsa, the same season where Benzema scored 32 goals? Higuain scored 26 that season mate...

Math, how does it work?

Not in the league.

#basedhiguain
#benzeshit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Math, how does it work?
In the league. Benzema's nonleague goals won you fuck all.

There's a reason why everyone is after The Hig and not The Benz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom