• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not what some of the fans like, though. I've read lots of complaints about the unfunny & uninteresting non-gaming talk for quite some time now. It isn't just me.

I'm pretty sure the big majority of the people loves it, certainly seems that way other than the occasional complaint in the GB threads compared to the amount of love for example something as random as the number stations got in the last thread, certainly the subscribers loves it as the idea of it being personally based and not mostly just about games gamespot styles is one of the main bulletpoints about the site.

Without those random stories and shit getting talked about I sure as fuck wouldn't appreciate it as much.

Messi

It's bed time for me, the Bombcast is on. I feel sad this time :(

These two got me :(

His wife:
https://twitter.com/EnemyNanner/status/353018521506156544/photo/1

and Vinny :(

IESLDE4.png

Salvadora

I'm pretty sure the big majority of the people loves it, certainly seems that way other than the occasional complaint in the GB threads compared to the amount of love for example something as random as the number stations got in the last thread, certainly the subscribers loves it as the idea of it being personally based and not mostly just about games gamespot styles is one of the main bulletpoints about the site.
I like lots of things about Giantbomb, Wooden. I think most of the stuff they do is pretty standout.

I just feel like lots of their non-gaming talk on the podcast is lackluster, thats all.

GQman2121

Banned
Personally, the reason I'm familiar with GB is because of Game Spot. That was the site that I visited in High School because the url www.videogames.com redirected you to Gamespot.com (and still does to this day).

Back then Greg Kasavin was the EIC and the site had major credibility imo. The reviews were thorough and lengthy, which I really enjoyed reading.

Kasavin eventually moved on to game development around 06' and the reigns were passed on to Jeff Gerstmann to run the site.

The core staff for GS at this point were Jeff, Alex Navarro, Brad Shoemaker, Vinny and Ryan Davis.

Once Jeff was sacked for his review of Kane & Lynch, Alex took off for Harmonics and Ryan resigned within a few weeks. You can see that Alex and Brad are not impressed to have to be involved in this super lame video that falsely explained the situation to the sites member's.

Within six months or so Giantbomb was a thing that Jeff and Ryan were promoting. By this point most forum posters who knew what was going on with Jeff and GS had bailed on the site. That's actually what prompted me to finally create an account here at GAF. Lurked for years, but Gerstmann-gate pushed me over the edge.

Anyway, the reason why people were drawn to GB--and the podcast in particular--is because these guys have years of experience in the industry. And while I can totally understand the non-game talk not being for everyone, it's the camaraderie between the core group of ex-Game Spot-ers that I'll always remember. Listening to the bombcast made you feel like a fly on the wall of a group of guys who were playing games that you only read about for months leading up to their release. That's something that many podcasts struggle with. It's also what made 1up Yours work and why 8-4 Play is what it is.

And let's not downplay the sites role in the industry. Look at their e3 coverage the last three years. They get industry people to come and talk about shit other sites 10x their size wish they could book. Quicklooks are now an industry norm. Not that they invented that concept, but they certainly helped bring it to the forefront for modern sites.

I like lots of things about Giantbomb, Wooden. I think most of the stuff they do is pretty standout.

I just feel like lots of their non-gaming talk on the podcast is lackluster, thats all.

I'm not saying you don't. :p

Just that I think the biggest majority likes the random off topic talk and seeing as it's one of the main points about the site, the people who complain about it all the time missed the point of the site to some extend, like Meus disliking football and wanting to change it fundamentally lol, would make the bombcast so damn boring without it imo and it's the only reason I can stand listening to it unlike most other gaming podcasts.

Anyway I will gladly argue with anyone who says it's too much another day, but for now to watch all the good shit they have done, like the best Nes Paperboy Remix ever and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsXfUsIRq4o :D

Salvadora

This is what I'm talking about!

They had a wonderful talk about robots taking over a little while back, had me laughing for a good long while.

Just that I think the biggest majority likes the random off topic talk and seeing as it's one of the main points about the site, the people who complain about it all the time missed the point of the site to some extend, like Meus disliking football and wanting to change it fundamentally lol, would make the bombcast so damn boring without it imo and it's the only reason I can stand listening to it unlike most other gaming podcasts.

Anyway I will gladly argue with anyone who says it's too much another day, but for now to watch all the good shit they have done, like the best Nes Paperboy Remix ever and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsXfUsIRq4o :D
Oh God, I'm being compared to Meus!

I love the random off-topic conversations they have and would loathe to see it go away. I just want it better ;p. I loved the ants in the modem story, for example.

Messi

I loved this moment, I had to rewind it so many times

Vinny adds some blue material to his routine

Meier

Only 1 full day left in Japan. Sad. :(

I don't visit any game sites but GAF. No need. I used to read Game-Science but that's been closed for a long time.

Ingeniero

I will never change my mind about cunt Suarez.
He is a disgrace for football and will bring shame to Arsenal.
Wenger pls, not this scumbag, never never never never never

Christ, I thought Pink Floyd only had about 5 albums. Why does nobody tall about their pre-DSOTM output, or post The Wall?

I'd only heard of DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, The Division Bell and Animals

I will never change my mind about cunt Suarez.
He is a disgrace for football and will bring shame to Arsenal.
Wenger pls, not this scumbag, never never never never never

1351432060377.gif

edit: Damn, its that dopey looking twat you see sometimes on 101greatgoals :(

Good soundtrack too.
Yep awesome soundtrack.

The song for the final scene is just perfection.

May have to watch this again sometime soon.

I wonder how many more movies there are like this which I missed out on when I was younger, or even before I was born. I really need to trawl through the movie catalogue and watch them.

Zabojnik

You can't be that surprised? The second they sold Tevez this was the logical step for City. Younger and a lot of potential to be even better. Ticks all the right boxes for City.

I hope their medical team make extra room for him lol.

I'm not surprised, I foresaw this scenario a long time ago. I'm not even mad, since we already got ourselves two pretty great strikers. I'm more annoyed and a bit disappointed, since Jovetic clearly only wants Juventus and will likely be forced to accept another destination mostly because of fucking Della Valle and his angst against the Elkann family.

Christ, I thought Pink Floyd only had about 5 albums. Why does nobody tall about their pre-DSOTM output, or post The Wall?

I'd only heard of DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, The Division Bell and Animals.

Some of the pre-DSOTM album are kinda hard to get into for people who can't comprehend progressive music (many of them are Kanye fans). The band was experimenting a lot back then and went through a psychedelic / space-age phase, if you want to call it that. As for the post-Wall albums ... Well, Final Cut is likely the most divisive PF album, some adore it, some hate it with a passion. A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell are both great albums, but since Rogers left by that time, they're looked down on by PF purists. Not conceptual enough, too melodic / mainstream. Imo, they're both amazing albums, especially The Division Bell, which features some of Gilmour's best guitar work and singing.

Greatest band ever? Pretty much. Also, be sure to check out Gilmour's On An Island solo album from 2006. Fantastic record. In fact, go buy the Remember That Night concert blu-ray. RIGHT NOW. Worth it for the Fat Old Sun solo alone.

Lightning

Banned
I wish that bid for Suarez never happened.

It makes an Higuain transfer seem very underwhelming and I was excited for it before.

GorillaJu

How old is he? Did he standout in the high school tournament or something?

He's 17 or maybe 18. Born 1995. He's bigger than Ryo at 185cm, which is really fuckin tall for a Japanese. To your second question, yes. His team (Chugyou University HS) ended up 16th or so I believe, but he's impressive regardless. He's better suited to central channels as opposed to the wing. He's not as fast as Ryo, but he's more of a battler and has better technique. Has powerful long shots.

I have no problem with Bill Murray, but the way the internet goes on about him makes me disinclined to like him. Same goes for Morgan Freeman.

Denzel Washington on the other hand is an actor I truly can't abide watching

Facism

Gold Member
i need a holiday. I know I'm going to north Cyprus in November for a few months but that's purely fact-finding and looking up some eligible women.

i need the Bahamas. soon.

GorillaJu

I kind of understand you, Hitcher. My friend holds Denzel as some kind of untouchable flawless god. He's cool, he seems like a cool person IRL, and I'd probably appreciate his acting if it weren't for people's silly fucking obsession with him. Sometimes I feel like its even racist.

Facism

Gold Member
Fact finding in Cyprus?

bad choice of words but it's not going to be a holiday :p essentially I'm looking to emigrate there or to Istanbul in turkey. Cyprus is the safer bet atm because my family has land and building a house is relatively cheap with the right connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom