• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
He was considered a top striker at the time, and wtf is regular Russian people's money? Roman is loaded. It probably came out of the spare change on the back of his yacht.

He is referring to Roman's business practices that got him loaded in the first place.

Carbonox

Pardew has confirmed he wants to sign Darren Bent and Loic Remy.

Honestly, I wouldn't actually be too disappointed if we bagged both. Cisse needs competition as he's pretty much on his own (Ameobi doesn't count) and competition might make him remember how to play football again.

Bent's a proven scorer in the Premier League but he's a cunt. Remy actually did very well for QPR but it's not like Newcastle is exempt from thugs (see: Barton, Ranger, etc.). He'd be a good signing.

If we got them, a new CB and didn't lose any big players, I'd consider that OK dealing. Well, we probably need a new CM now that we lost Perch and Gosling.

One of the versions I read - and I'm trying to piece it together from memory, so this might not be entirely accurate - is that Mkhitaryan has essentially pressured/blackmailed the club to let him move to a Western club. Something like "I won't come back and if you dare to sell me to Anzhi all hell will break loose". Keep in mind he has influential relatives, as his mother is the head of the national teams department in the Armenian Football Federation and his elder sister, Monica, works at UEFA's headquarters.

Well, blackmailing might be too much but it's near the truth and I don't see anything wrong with it. He's no slave, so he should be able to pick his club.

A top club that still pretends to be the working class club and implies that the squad is playing for true love and making us believe that nearly all of the team is coming from their own youth while BVB is the only german club at the stock market and signs young talented players from other teams. Dortmund has every right to be considered as a top club but many of the Dortmund fans and espcially its leadership resist against being a top club... So here you have arragance vs. hypocracy. Choose.

Oh come on that's bullshit and you know it. We never wanted anyone to believe all the young players come from our club. Watzke even said our youth teams are bad at the moment and demanded change. We only want to play football with young talented players and that's nothing other clubs haven't done before.

The stock market stuff is also shit, that's from before Klopp/Watzke, we can't really change it and it doesn't give us advantages in any way.

And hypocracy? Well, we are not on a level with Bayern. Just look at the wages, we can't keep up there. Aiming for a second/third place in the Bundesliga is no hypocracy to me.

dc89

eXy4233.jpg

NOOOOOO FADYYYYYY!!! Why did I move him anywhere near that car that was on fire, he didn't deserve that.

Viva is an insane sniper.

Roman is a honest and honorable businessman.

United fans are just jealous because they are stuck with incompetent people like Glazer who has never done anything himself to get rich other than be in the right family.

United should have accepted the Murdoch bid back in the 90's.

Roman is a honest and honorable businessman.

United fans are just jealous because they are stuck with incompetent people like Glazer who has never done anything himself to get rich other than be in the right family.

United should have accepted the Murdoch bid back in the 90's.

Imagine how ridiculously one-sided English football would be if we didn't have £400 million worth of debt (artificially leveraged on us by cunt owners) holding us back. No one other than United fans would bother watching any more. It would be a fucking slaughter of Scottish football proportions.

Jack cw

Aiming for a second/third place in the Bundesliga is no hypocracy to me.
It's not just about this but what kind of an image Dortmund is selling and that is what bugs me. BVB is the peoples club, the little light in the evil shadow that is Bayern or Klopps analogy of the Robin Hood story... And that horrendous underdog labeling before the cl final and the whole world is cheering for Dortmund... smh. Just accept your new role and stop crying like babies when other team noticed that Dortmund has become a top club and claim top money.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bernard told Sportv: "I have already said that I won't talk about this, but the president has admitted publicly that there are five offers."

While the talented youngster is keeping his cards close to his chest, those who represent him are a little more open when it comes to the mounting speculation.

Juan Reol, the press agent who assists Bernard's agent Adriano Spadoto, told Globo Esporte: "The Atletico Mineiro board are the only ones who can talk about negotiations, but of course there are offers.

"Dortmund have expressed an interest. Tottenham as well, but since they have signed Paulinho they have gone cold.

"Porto are also one of the clubs, but we have to understand that Bernard won't negotiate during the Copa Libertadores.

"If Atletico Mineiro are eliminated on Wednesday, it is likely that (club president) Alexandre Kalil will talk about negotiations a few days later."

Come on Levy. Bernard is the sort of player we need after missing out on Villa.

Imagine how ridiculously one-sided English football would be if we didn't have £400 million worth of debt (artificially leveraged on us by cunt owners) holding us back. No one other than United fans would bother watching any more. It would be a fucking slaughter of Scottish football proportions.

tumblr_mpnnj2fjRA1rj98ryo3_400.gif

It's not just about this but what kind of an image Dortmund is selling and that is what bugs me. BVB is the peoples club, the little light in the evil shadow that is Bayern or Klopps analogy of the Robin Hood story... And that horrendous underdog labeling before the cl final and the whole world is cheering for Dortmund... smh. Just accept your new role and stop crying like babies when other team noticed that Dortmund has become a top club and claim top money.

Don't say that in here, we got lots of bandwagoners who are still on the romanticized dortmund train.

Not even Mansour and basedtxiki could save you now that Froggie is gone. Soon enough you will be fighting liverpool for Europa league spots.

You wouldn't have this "artificial" debt if you hadn't sold yourselves to investors, would you?

Yup, wiki says:

"The club went public in 1990 and was the subject of takeover bids from property trader Michael Knighton and Rupert Murdoch's BSkyB corporation before Malcolm Glazer's stake was announced in September 2003. By the end of the year, Glazer had increased his shareholding from 3.17% to around 15%, which he almost doubled in the year up to October 2004. His acquisition of John Magnier and J. P. McManus's 28.7% stake in May 2005 pushed his own up to around 57%, well over the 30% threshold that would force him to launch a takeover bid. A few days later, he took control of 75% of the club's shares, allowing him to delist from the stock exchange, and within a month, Glazer took 98% ownership of the club via his Red Football parent company, forcing a compulsory buy-out of the remaining 2%. The total purchase of the club totalled almost £800 million.

The majority of the cash used by Glazer to purchase Manchester United came in the form of loans, much of which were secured against the club's assets, incurring interest payments of over £60 million per annum. The remainder came in the form of PIK loans (payment in kind loans), which were later sold to hedge funds. Manchester United was not liable for the PIKs, which were held by Red Football Joint Venture Ltd and were secured on that company's shares in Red Football Ltd (and thus the club). The interest on the PIKs rolled up at 14.25% per annum. Despite this, the Glazers did not pay down any of the PIK loans in the first five years they owned the club. In January 2010, the club carried out a successful £500 million bond issue, and by March 2010, the PIKs stood at around £207 million.[1] The PIKs were eventually paid off in November 2010 by unspecified means."

Like I said, cunt owners.

Not even Mansour and basedtxiki could save you now that Froggie is gone. Soon enough you will be fighting liverpool for Europa league spots.

Baby you're going to feel so silly when Osman is lifting that Premier League trophy 10 months from now.

Looooool.

Reports that Higuain is "confused" about his move to Arsenal and doesn't understand why they would bid for Suarez but then not make a similar bid for him.

Man that Suarez bid really helped push through the Higuian transfer.

Meier

Come on Levy. Bernard is the sort of player we need after missing out on Villa.
Bernard and Villa couldn't possibly be any different. He isn't an out and out goal scorer. You'd say he's the kind of player you need if you missed out on little Halilovic that you're apparently chasing.

Salazar

None of this had happened if Manchester United hadn't sold itself to investors in the very beginning. Cunt owners are the risk you have to take when you do that. Such a scenario wouldn't be possible e.g. at Bayern even if there wasn't the whole 49% maximum share thing.

If you fuck strangers without a condom you better be prepared to get STDs.

Oh-so-perfect-but-naggingly-soulless Germans want a reward cookie ?

Looooool.

Reports that Higuain is "confused" about his move to Arsenal and doesn't understand why they would bid for Suarez but then not make a similar bid for him.

:lol

Arsenal are such pros at this signing big players malarky.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bernard and Villa couldn't possibly be any different. He isn't an out and out goal scorer. You'd say he's the kind of player you need if you missed out on little Halilovic that you're apparently chasing.

What I mean is that he's fucking good and could play in a wider position for us. We need to keep trying to sign quality players even if it costs money. I think we wanted Villa to use him on the left of a 433 while Bale plays from the right and a new striker plays down the middle.

dc89

Right, that's my last XCOM mission for the day I think. Myself, TC, Carbonox and Linius all made it through without a scratch.

Carbonox is a sniper, I got him as a reward from the previous mission.

This game is REALLLLLLY good.

None of this had happened if Manchester United hadn't sold itself to investors in the very beginning. Cunt owners are the risk you have to take when you do that. Such a scenario wouldn't be possible e.g. at Bayern even if there wasn't the whole 49% maximum share thing.

If you fuck strangers without a condom you better be prepared to get STDs.

Except this is more like finger banging some chick and getting cancer.

Nyx

Jay Mulenga on his way to Wigan?

Jacob-Mulenga-WC.jpg

Wigan boss Owen Coyle is ready to sign Norwich City legend Grant Holt in a £2million deal - as he fills Arouna Kone’s boots.

Coyle wants the experienced striker to lead his bid for instant promotion and also give him a crack at the Europa League.

Holt is also keen to move for a new challenge after seeing the Canaries bring in new forwards - and with Chris Hughton clearing his exit.

The fee and terms were thrashed out over the weekend, with Holt picking Wigan over rivals as he also wants to get back to the north west.

Coyle is picking up £5million from Everton for Kone and is also making a £800,000 bid for Utrecht’s powerful Zambian striker Jacob Mulenga.

The prolific hit man wants to come to England and Coyle hopes to agree a fee with the Dutch side who need to sell as he is in the last year of his contract.

Mulenga is also similar to Kone in style and Coyle hopes to fly him in today to complete the deal.

Would be great if a deal is made fast so we can search for a new striker.

Going public was a mistake in hindsight but it was so normalised in English football at the time - and it did help us grow the club.

The real mistake was not doing something about it when Murdoch tried to buy the club, that was the time for fans to buy into the club to ensure that people the Glazers couldn't so what they've gone on to do.

Ah well.

Right, that's my last XCOM mission for the day I think. Myself, TC, Carbonox and Linius all made it through without a scratch.

I'm reeeeaaalllly tempted to start a new game. Dammit dc.

Carbonox

Of course I'm a reward, only winners get to touch sniff my shoes.

Salvadora

Looooool.

I'm very doubtful about the validity of this.

Meier

What I mean is that he's fucking good and could play in a wider position for us. We need to keep trying to sign quality players even if it costs money. I think we wanted Villa to use him on the left of a 433 while Bale plays from the right and a new striker plays down the middle.
Gotcha. Yeah, he's a great young talent. You can't have too many creative guys.. I am very jealous of Chelsea's recent glut of signings in that regard.

Why is Donetsk lying about transfer fees?

Very reliable BVB sources say Mkhitaryan cost €25m, Donetsk says 27.5m on their website. I also heard they wrote Fernandinho was more expensive than what City actually paid, any truth in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom