• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Tomorrow yo.

What's on the menu for suhoor?
Same here :)
Looks like most are starting together this time.
Going to stay awake till around 4~5am this year and then get some sleep.

Should be having Rice, Kebabs, Chicken Tikka Breast, Pakoras. Sister's made a cake with some custard.

What about you?

Tc91

Rafael and Fabio's birthday today. :D

tumblr_llmso0Mxvd1qb7cobo1_500.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
But how much is because of Messi's genius and how much because Barcelona have adapted their entire game for him? The way they utterly crumbled against Bayern makes me doubt him a bit.

I wouldn't doubt him. I'd doubt the team around him and the fact that they're so reliant on him, but if he has an off game - which he did - there should be ten other players on that pitch to pick up the slack, none of which did.

The reason they've adapted their game around him is because of his genius. At 19 or something, he was standing out so much in a team with Ronaldinho and Eto'o that the world's biggest star got pushed out. He got moved into the centre when they hadnt planned around him entirely and he still scored and assisted in every game. In games where Barcelona's gameplan isn't working, he takes it by the scruff of the neck. You can't say goals like his one against Madrid in the semis of the CL or his free kick against Atleti were because of the Barcelona game plan. It was entirely down to individual quality.

Wilbur

Banned
Isn't he Argentina's top scorer now? And hat tricks against brazil? He's definitely upped his game for them.

Edit: ah you say WCs. Well he's only played in two. One when he was 18/19, and one other. Argentina always have shit defenders as well.

Scum

Isn't he Argentina's top scorer now? And hat tricks against brazil? He's definitely upped his game for them.

Edit: ah you say WCs. Well he's only played in two. One when he was 18/19, and one other. Argentina always have shit defenders as well.
I think he's still a few behind Batigol.

Same here :)
Looks like most are starting together this time.
Going to stay awake till around 4~5am this year and then get some sleep.

Should be having Rice, Kebabs, Chicken Tikka Breast, Pakoras. Sister's made a cake with some custard.

What about you?

I usually go for a much much later suhoor. It's a thing in Egypt or maybe it isn't and we're just an odd few.

GTAV looks fucking amazing. God damn. I hope it gets ported to PS4 with some upgrades.

I usually don't even like sandbox games but the GTAs are usually done so damn well, and this iteration looks crazy.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't see Arsenal spending the 40-50m necessary though. And they'd be stupid to when their goalkeeper needs improving, they need a centre defender and a hard tackling midfielder.

Wilbur

Banned
Man, this year. TLOU is already one of my five favourite games ever.

Pokemon XY and GTA V still to come. All could realistically be my favourites of all time.

I'm so fucking hyped.

Home around 9ish tonight from my Irish Odyssey. If anyone fancies TLOU I might pop on for a while.

Wilbur

Banned
Suarez does not negate any of that from happening.

Yes it does. Arsenal get rid of all their deadwood and they make barely 15-20m right? Maybe less.

Suarez for 50m, lets say, because I can't see Liverpool directly strengthening a top four rival on the cheap. That's 30m net already at the very very least. A good keeper will cost 7-10m min, a good central defender the same and someone like Wanyama the same.

When Arsenal come close to spending 60-70m a season after sales, then I'll entertain the prospect of Suarez and others happening.

But it won't.

Carbonox

Metal Gear Rising, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, GTAV and Batman Origins = a fantastic send-off year for the PS3 where I'm concerned (barring some HD collections I won't be buying another PS3 game again).

THESE TEARS

FAREWELL PRINCE

Salvadora

Yes it does. Arsenal get rid of all their deadwood and they make barely 15-20m right? Maybe less.

Suarez for 50m, lets say, because I can't see Liverpool directly strengthening a top four rival on the cheap. That's 30m net already at the very very least. A good keeper will cost 7-10m min, a good central defender the same and someone like Wanyama the same.

When Arsenal come close to spending 60-70m a season after sales, then I'll entertain the prospect of Suarez and others happening.

But it won't.

Cesar is a good keeper who would cost far less that £7-10m. Getting rid of all the deadwood has freed up a huge amount from the wage bill.

Anyway, Suarez could be £40m, we just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom