• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

The about-face that the fans of whoever signs Suarez are going to make is going to be hilarious.

"Yeah, he used to be a diving wanker, but he's just being victimised now"

5RaKglF.jpg

I didn't realize Mickey is so small.

Rummenigge has practically confirmed that Lewandowski will play for us after next season. He also accuses Dortmund of misrepresenting what went on.

And what exactly is wrong? The part about Lewandowski signing contracts with Bayern, which is not allowed? Or the part about Bayern being a bitch and not making an offer? Come on, man.

Man, this year. TLOU is already one of my five favourite games ever.

Pokemon XY and GTA V still to come. All could realistically be my favourites of all time.

I'm so fucking hyped.

Home around 9ish tonight from my Irish Odyssey. If anyone fancies TLOU I might pop on for a while.

I'll try and get on with a friend of mine I haven't played with before, if FW plays that'll be 4. He's a beast at abusing things that are unbalanced, so it'll be interesting to see what he does on this.

I finished my Hunter run the other day, and I really don;t like the UI and clothes of the Fireflies

What did you think of the SP ending btw?

Re Miktraitoryan, I always assumed that we bid the right amount, and he wanted to wait to see if a better option would come up, which it did while we were starting to work around the thir-party stuff. As soon as Dortmund came in, it was essentially dead in the water and could only have happened for us if they pulled out, or offered him ludicrously low wages or something.

I hoped that we'd have seen some movement on another target as our chances for the Armenian became more and more remote, but we seem to be in the exact same position we were in 2 weeks ago with all of our targets.

Tell Suarez to sit his arse down, go into overdrive with our centreback search, make some serious moves for a left back, and get that Lucas backup sorted.

Attacking midfield should never have been the priority imo, and its starting to seem like we've wasted a chunk of the window waiting for someone who was only ever going to come to us as a last resort.

dc89

Captured an alien on XCOM thanks to some heroics by ShortyMe.

Willkiller, Shorty, myself and Messi all made it back alive. But Messi is gravely wounded. :(

K1LLER7

Mig said the next news would be a medical or an unexpected renewal. I believe him.
Moyes needs to tie him up. Could potentially be a massive player for us.

I usually go for a much much later suhoor. It's a thing in Egypt or maybe it isn't and we're just an odd few.
What time does it start for you guys in Egypt?

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 40s
I have great quotes coming up from Manchester United source. #MUFC

Killer = indy.
#IAMITK ;)

Zabojnik

we looking to buy Napoli's Walter Gargano. i don't follow the mafia league closely, is he any good?

Good enough for Benfica.
Midfield destroyer, nothing that special about him.

We signed Ogbonna.

15M€ for what is essentially a backup defender. I hope Marry knows what he's doing. I guess Jovetic is out. Oh well.

Samp signed Gabbiadini, it's official now.

I think he will have a breakout season if they make him their main striker.

I hope so, so he can finally return to base next year as the third striker (Matri, Quaglia & Giovinco OUT).

Salvadora

Say that when you actually sign someone.

You've signed no one yet, and the Higuain deal has seems to have had problems.
It's transfer muppet time, boyo.

Time to stick all my money on Suarez to Arsenal.

Edit: I think a £30m bid is definitely un-Arsenal and a sign of the times.

Suarez is taking the piss now.

His agent only just spoke to Liverpool yesterday and only a day later he's making public statements all but saying he wants to leave.

At this rate I can't see him at Liverpool at the start of the season.

GTAV

Hunting and Wildlife: Awesome
Mechanics: Awesome
Graphics: Awesome
Story: Potentially Awesome
Multiplayer: Potentially awesome
Character-switching: Worrisome
Open-ended story: Worrisome
Soundtrack: Probably rubbish

Its an odd one. Since GTAIV, I don't have complete faith in Rockstar North, even though I adored GTAs 3-SA. Yet with Naughty Dog, I still trust them even after UC3.

Sceptically excited is how I would put my anticipation.

Bo-Locks

Arsenal are just trolling their fans and giving them some false hope as part of a deflection campaign, this summer. They'e not going to sign Rooney, Suarez and probably not even Higuain. The biggest "signing" for Arsenal this summer will be getting that South Korean dude back from military service. Good luck with that.

Wilbur

Banned
Hitch, I'm not finished yet. Haven't played it for like two weeks, extraordinarily busy social shit. I'm like 92% done though.

Jack cw

And what exactly is wrong? The part about Lewandowski signing contracts with Bayern, which is not allowed? Or the part about Bayern being a bitch and not making an offer? Come on, man.
Lewa hasnt signed anything. Watzke seems still pretty butthurt about Götze and that ridiculous 30+ million demand to buy out a player with only one year left in its contract is just hilarious. Anyway your squad isnt half bad with Henrikh and Spidy. All you need is a replacement for Pisceck and you might reach the DFB quarterfinal again ;)

omgkitty

Arsenal are just trolling their fans and giving them some false hope as part of a deflection campaign, this summer. They'e not going to sign Rooney, Suarez and probably not even Higuain. The biggest "signing" for Arsenal this summer will be getting that South Korean dude back from military service. Good luck with that.

To be fair, pretty sure Arsenal aren't interested in Rooney and definitely not in Suarez. Just the papers making up bullshit.

phaze

&That collar seems off.

He was on loan to Celta I think. He's doing his month of military service now. He's not obligated do more. http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/park-starts-pre-season-early/

omgkitty

Everybody knows they have no chance of signing either of them, but wasn't it confirmed they had bid for Suarez?

Liverpool said someone made a bid, but not who. The papers said it was Arsenal, and that we were trying to goad Madrid into selling Higuain.

Dortmund claiming that it's completely standard that all offers are given in written form, whereas Rummenigge claims that this is not only not the standard, but that also Bayern has never done it like that and never will. Dortmund claimed there was no official offer, which Rummenige declines, just that there was no written offer. Really it seems more and more that Dortmund is trying to paint Bayern as the devil and that they did all they could to not let Lewandowski go.

Keep in mind supposedly Dortmund told Lewandowski they'd let him leave if there was an offer, so it's possible they're really using semantics here.

How hard can it possibly be to write an offer? It's obvious there have been different problems than the offer, namely Götze. Still, a written offer would have made things much easier for Bayern and Lewandowski if they really wanted him this summer. So I don't believe the shit Rummenigge is talking.

What is the deal with Fabio, United-GAF? Would you sell him?

Because I was just thinking that he would be perfect for us at the moment. Piszczek is injured and we only have Schmelzer as LB. Someone like Fabio who could backup both sides would be awesome.

Dibbz

Was on google looking for newcastle fans, don't ask, and the google suggestions were kinda funny so I went through a few clubs to see what google suggested.

google_footballe8sig.jpg

lel Spurs.

Funny what happens what you put in Barcelona fans. Feeder club confirmed :(

Hixx

Man United fans think they have it bad with Thiago. Gino Peruzzi is worse. It's been on again and off again for like 2 weeks now and today he's said this:

"I wasn't convinced about the financial proposal of Sunderland and my agent never asked for a commission. But I want to go to a club where I will play, thinking ahead to the World Cup. I was born and raised here (at Velez) and I want the best for this club. My intention is to continue negotiating my contract with Sunderland."

So, he seems to (sort of) want to come but not unless we give him all the money.

If I was Short/Byrne and seeing how we just missed out on Mendy, I'd give him what he wants. But that's probably why I'm not a billionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom