• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

What the fuck, Copenhagen signed Olof Mellberg... Must be at least 48 at this point.
KuGsj.gif

FCKDK_OlafM.png
Lack of good talent in Denmark, sign superior Swedish players on their way to retirement. His viking beard is gone, he'll play like shit without it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Update on Juvetic.

Fiorentina warned “we won’t wait much longer” for Juventus to offer €30m cash for Stevan Jovetic after Manchester City showed an interest.

The player has said he wants to join the Bianconeri, but so far negotiations have fallen flat.

“They can give us €30m cash or nothing at all. Otherwise, we’ll give him to someone else,” declared President Andrea Della Valle on Mediaset Premium.

“It’s time to understand whether Juve have the money or not. I think they do. We will not accept players in part-exchange.

“We won’t wait much longer...”

This can be considered an ultimatum to Juventus, using Manchester City’s interest to put further pressure on the Turin giants.

Give him to City then, he's not worth €30m (to us).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lol Everton signed another 30 year old from Wigan in Alcaraz.

Martinez trying his best to finish 17th

Nah, Everton need someone like him. Heitinga is complete dogshit and a moron, Alcaraz is much better. Distin's getting on a bit too.

3Sixty

@tancredipalmeri: Southampton bid for Osvaldo has been turned down by the player, according to Sky Italy

Psh.

Fine take him Citeh.

Bo-Locks

RM gonna be getting a ready made superstar when they get Bale.

I don't think it's such a forgone conclusion that he'll inevitably go to RM, either this year or the next. British players going abroad are still extremely rare and with a young family I don't think he is any different. I'm well aware of the lure and financial clout of RM, but British players are a different breed to virtually every other nationality. I could easily see him rejecting RM, choosing to stay in England and going to either Manchester/Chelsea.

Wait what.

Mark Schwarzer signed for Chelsea?

:lol okay! Good backup.

What? Where?!

Can anyone else see Courtois deciding to leave Chelsea wbhen his contract expires?

No. The club wanted him and had a plan for his development which he was aware of before he signed. Mou wanted him at the club this season to rival Petr (and he would have got games) but he said he would understand if he didn't want to do that. Courtois wanted to play so he went back to Athletico (and they paid us £1m for it I think).

He will go out on loan to a Prem team next season I think unless Mou can convince him to stay. He is our future number 1, he has the talent and he's very young, he won't go anywhere.

Can anyone else see Courtois deciding to leave Chelsea wbhen his contract expires?
Yes but I doubt it will get to that stage. Either they will renew and somehow promise him he will become #1 or they will cash in.

Cech is still pretty great so I guess it depends on if he shows any signs of losing his form this season. I think Courtois still has 2 years on his contact?

I don't think it's such a forgone conclusion that he'll inevitably go to RM, either this year or the next. British players going abroad are still extremely rare and with a young family I don't think he is any different. I'm well aware of the lure and financial clout of RM, but British players are a different breed to virtually every other nationality. I could easily see him rejecting RM, choosing to stay in England and going to either Manchester/Chelsea.
I agree for the most part but from what Bale has said already it seems like he wants to go and play for them in Spain.

Of course it's possible he could stay in England but Spurs will definitely try to avoid that. Seems like RM want him so whenever he does give the signal he wants to leave they will be at the front of the queue paying good money. Bale would have to dig in and force a move through to one of the English clubs and I just can't see that happening right now...

What the fuck are you supposed to put in a Personal Statement/CV when you didn't go to university, and have spent the last 5 years in an unskilled job that has given you nothing that is relevant to the types of job you're looking for now?

I just signed up for Reed and I don't have a clue what I'm doing or why anyone would bother giving me an interview. May well end up going to university as a last resort which I already know would be a remarkably stupid thing to do, especially with tuition fees the way they are.

D_prOdigy

What the fuck are you supposed to put in a Personal Statement/CV when you didn't go to university, and have spent the last 5 years in an unskilled job that has given you nothing that is relevant to the types of job you're looking for now?

Transferable skills, bro. No such thing as an 'unskilled' job.

K1LLER7

Bet he goes to the hairdresser's and asks for the Ronaldo.

If he wants to be like CRonaldo, he should move to United, where they'll develop him into the next Ronaldo, not just his looks. Plus he'll get the number 7. Then, after a couple of years, he can make the move to Madrid and have the same success Ronaldo has had there.

arkon

I just signed up for Reed and I don't have a clue what I'm doing or why anyone would bother giving me an interview. May well end up going to university as a last resort which I already know would be a remarkably stupid thing to do, especially with tuition fees the way they are.

You have to massage the truth somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom