• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck are you supposed to put in a Personal Statement/CV when you didn't go to university, and have spent the last 5 years in an unskilled job that has given you nothing that is relevant to the types of job you're looking for now?

I just signed up for Reed and I don't have a clue what I'm doing or why anyone would bother giving me an interview. May well end up going to university as a last resort which I already know would be a remarkably stupid thing to do, especially with tuition fees the way they are.

I know that feel. I think Reed actually has example CVs you can look at if you get stuck. That's how I did mine.

Arnie

I feel bad, I'm in a 'decent' job, but I'm still not exactly happy.

Just don't know what I want at the moment. Life's crushing me.

Gonna have some salted popcorn and stream Luther. Maybe I'll have a brainwave.

dc89

I feel bad, I'm in a 'decent' job, but I'm still not exactly happy.

Just don't know what I want at the moment. Life's crushing me.

Gonna have some salted popcorn and stream Luther. Maybe I'll have a brainwave.

Just ask yourself, what would Brenton do in this situation?

Suen

pretty sure that doesn't happen in any of the movies. i could (should) re-watch them but yeah, don't remember that at all.
Yep watched through all movies, nothing come even close to leading to that kind of setting. Must have been some other movie. Have to say Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes is a great movie. It doesn't make me feel like it's a Planet Of The Apes movie in any way but it's really good on it's own.

PSG lost their first friendly. how nice of them, preparing supporters for failure from early on.

Yep watched through all movies, nothing come even close to leading to that kind of setting. Must have been some other movie. Have to say Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes is a great movie. It doesn't make me feel like it's a Planet Of The Apes movie in any way but it's really good on it's own.

first one is a classic but my personal favourites are Escape and Conquest.

iVOX0QouYvMhv.gif

isnt she enough?

What the fuck are you supposed to put in a Personal Statement/CV when you didn't go to university, and have spent the last 5 years in an unskilled job that has given you nothing that is relevant to the types of job you're looking for now?
Every job teaches you how to do other jobs better. You just have to be creative about what it is your last 5 years have taught you. Even if it just gave you renewed ambition, or made you a punctual, diligent worker... adapt it in a way that makes you sound interesting enough to be interviewed.

Zabojnik

Every job teaches you how to do other jobs better. You just have to be creative about what it is your last 5 years have taught you. Even if it just gave you renewed ambition, or made you a punctual, diligent worker... adapt it in a way that makes you sound interesting enough to be interviewed.

Right. But what are we going to do with Giovinco?

Suen

PSG lost their first friendly. how nice of them, preparing supporters for failure from early on.

first one is a classic but my personal favourites are Escape and Conquest.
Would say the first one is my favorite, followed by Conquest and Escape. Wasn't a big fan of Escape (but I read it had a low budget and was rushed) but it was better than beneath and battle of the planet of the apes.

Planet of the Apes (2001) was just strange. I mean I kinda liked all the apes and their acting but that's about it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pretty sure we're going to bring in one more quality player. Llorente, Tevez, Ogbonna and ... ?

First though ... IT'S SELLING SEASON!

I don't think we're capable of selling anyone for a decent fee. Giak could be the exception, but I don't see him leaving, unfortunately.

11.5M for Giac + our 18M offer for Jojo = 29.5M. It won't happen though :(

Bumhead

Banned
Whatever you do don't put the shit line "I can work well on my own or in a team" on your CV. It's laughable.

Top tip here.

Whatever you do just try and avoid the cliche's in general. Sifting application forms is boring enough and half of them could quite easily be filtered through a bullshit detector and shredded at the other end.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm pleased with Schwarzer if he's happy to play backup this year. Blackman is clearly too raw right now for the part.

I do wish these nonsense Suarez rumors would go away though.

Turok_TTZ

You must be thinking about your feelings for Benzema.
looool.

Still sleepy, still horny. meh will ignore for now.
I see arsenal upping their bid was hogwash. Higuain is still here :|

Falcao... Too bad for him he sold off half his playing rights to some shady group early in his career. tis the reason why he is at monaco now instead of insert_big_club_here.

Would say the first one is my favorite, followed by Conquest and Escape. Wasn't a big fan of Escape (but I read it had a low budget and was rushed) but it was better than beneath and battle of the planet of the apes.

Planet of the Apes (2001) was just strange. I mean I kinda liked all the apes and their acting but that's about it.

Beneath is pure late 60s/early 70s trippy hippie stuff. Battle is just awful.

Burton's PotA was easy to fix regarding the ending, he just needed to
leave ambiguous whether Mark Mark was going forwards or backwards in time when he leaves the planet instead of showing the date display going back to present time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom