• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transferable skills, bro. No such thing as an 'unskilled' job.

Honestly, shelf-stacker is about as unskilled as it gets. You make no decisions for yourself, and all you need to be good at it is a bit of fitness and stamina. I toyed with the idea of writing some bullshit like 'As my time at my current job has gone on, I have been trusted with a greater variety of tasks and responsibilities' but while its just about true, it would fall apart if I was questioned about it.

K1LLER7

Strange how news on the Thiago front has just died.
His dad said there'll be something in the coming days.

If he's not here by the end of this weekend, he's not coming.

If we miss out due to not wanting to pay the VAT, somthing like 2~3M, or adding some playing clause, I'll be pissed.

#MoyesOut.

Arnie

John Terry's dad has been charged with a racist attack.

tumblr_md5wwpUxsj1r9vg1go2_250.gif

Is the show Luther good?

Really good, catching up with the second season now.

Don't know what I'm more excited to watch:

United turning into Everton

or

Everton turning into Wigan

Bet he goes to the hairdresser's and asks for the Ronaldo.

If he wants to be like CRonaldo, he should move to United, where they'll develop him into the next Ronaldo, not just his looks. Plus he'll get the number 7. Then, after a couple of years, he can make the move to Madrid and have the same success Ronaldo has had there.

Bale has a trademarked 'Eleven of Hearts' so he will want 11, obviously there's the Giggs connection too.

His dad said there'll be something in the coming days.

If he's not here by the end of this weekend, he's not coming.

If we miss out due to not wanting to pay the VAT, somthing like 2~3M, or adding some playing clause, I'll be pissed.

#MoyesOut.

I feel pretty confident that if we had to pay beyond the £15m we would.

If he doesn't come it'll be because he doesn't want to.

K1LLER7

I feel pretty confident that if we had to pay beyond the £15m we would.

If he doesn't come it'll be because he doesn't want to.
If wages are already agreed like some are saying, then i'm sure he'll want to come.

I think the fee and how the payments will be made with Barca has been the tricky part. Especially with Barca trying to stall as long as they can.

If wages are already agreed like some are saying, then i'm sure he'll want to come.

I think the fee and how the payments will be made with Barca has been the tricky part. Especially with Barca trying to stall as long as they can.

Well if it gets to a stage where it becomes apparent that £15m isn't what it will cost to get him, I reckon we would pay more than that...as long as it wasn't a crazy sum.

They've been working on the deal long enough so I think by Aug 1st the club will know what the figure is that needs to be paid. I find it hard to believe Barcelona could stall until the clause expires with us not even knowing what's going on.

Unless the buy-out clause isn't a proper buy-out clause at all - I think it will just come down to him wanting to move or not.

Suen

I still have the last one to see (the latest movie in the franchise). Anyway several years ago I recall seeing what I think was a Planet Of The Apes movie where
close to the end of the movie a human and apes were in a city in ruins. I remember that the human fell down with a gorilla in some building and they couldn't get back up so instead of fighting each other they decided to work together to find a way ou. This was until the gorilla saw a very old poster in the building which shows a gorilla in a cage with a banana. This enraged the gorilla and made him fight with the human. I also recall that right at the end of the movie some apes decide to burn electronic devices and stuff which cause a huge fucking explosion and I think the movie ends after that. I haven't seen any of this in any of the movies so far so either it's in an extended version or the movie I describe was a 100 % fake copy of the Planet Of The Apes. Do you know anything about it?

Fuck me.

Someone in the Ryan Davis thread essentially said

'Ryan never had a child, but he treated GiantBomb as one. What he'd have wanted most is for people to subscribe, and watch his child grow.'

Fuck off.

Clegg

I can't imagine United letting this Thiago thing drag until the 31st of July.

We'll hear something before then.

I can't imagine United letting this Thiago thing drag until the 31st of July.

We'll hear something before then.

Miggy D maintains it's pretty close.

But yeah I think you're right, we will need to know soonish whether he is coming or not because if not we will obv. have to look at other targets.

K1LLER7

Well if it gets to a stage where it becomes apparent that £15m isn't what it will cost to get him, I reckon we would pay more than that...as long as it wasn't a crazy sum.

They've been working on the deal long enough so I think by Aug 1st the club will know what the figure is that needs to be paid. I find it hard to believe Barcelona could stall until the clause expires with us not even knowing what's going on.

Unless the buy-out clause isn't a proper buy-out clause at all - I think it will just come down to him wanting to move or not.
Just read what Hunter was saying and it seems that the issue is with the "contract and costs". I'm guessing that could be something to do with the release clause and the VAT payment. Not sure United will feel right about giving him the same clause he had at Barca.

Agree with what your saying about the fee. Feel that the deal should be sorted out either way soon enough and if his father's quotes are true, we could know by the end of the week. It'll be a tough decision for him and one that will mould his future. Hopefully if he comes to England, he doesn't turn out like Sahin.

If you go into a job agency rather than doing it online, dothey help you with your CV, Personal Statement and cover letters? Do you need any ID or certificates when you do it?

Just read what Hunter was saying and it seems that the issue is with the "contract and costs". I'm guessing that could be something to do with the release clause and the VAT payment. Not sure United will feel right about giving him the same clause he had at Barca.

Agree with what your saying about the fee. Feel that the deal should be sorted out either way soon enough and if his father's quotes are true, we could know by the end of the week. It'll be a tough decision for him and one that will mould his future. Hopefully if he comes to England, he doesn't turn out like Sahin.
Ah yeah - I can definitely imagine us having problems agreeing with that release clause it's been reported he wants.

I suppose I am consumed by the muppetry but I haven't got any doubts about how well he would do here. He's very mobile and quick. His defensive statistics are absolutely fantastic, so many balls recovered for Barcelona last season. Obv. he plays in a team and system where they're suited to that but it bodes well.

People say he makes rash decisions and from watching him I can see that but the PL is forgiving in that respect. Tactically the game is well behind La Liga, I actually reckon he would thrive playing in the more chaotic PL centre midfields.

Welp - we just have to wait now. It's pretty boring at the moment lol. At least the tour starts tmrw!

K1LLER7

Wanna have a go?
Let's play.

Clubs or Head to Head??

Ah yeah - I can definitely imagine us having problems agreeing with that release clause it's been reported he wants.

I suppose I am consumed by the muppetry but I haven't got any doubts about how well he would do here. He's very mobile and quick. His defensive statistics are absolutely fantastic, so many balls recovered for Barcelona last season. Obv. he plays in a team and system where they're suited to that but it bodes well.

People say he makes rash decisions and from watching him I can see that but the PL is forgiving in that respect. Tactically the game is well behind La Liga, I actually reckon he would thrive playing in the more chaotic PL centre midfields.

Welp - we just have to wait now. It's pretty boring at the moment lol. At least the tour starts tmrw!
Lets hope your right ;)
I'm so excited! Moysey needs to sign him.

Anyone know when the United pre-season games will be shown here?

If you go into a job agency rather than doing it online, dothey help you with your CV, Personal Statement and cover letters? Do you need any ID or certificates when you do it?

Pretty sure they do give advice on all those things.

No idea if they require any proof of identity. Just give them a call before you go in I suppose.

Which sort of jobs are you looking to apply for?

Clegg

We'll hear soon enough. Like Viva said, we still have other targets to chase and we'd need to know whether we need to look for a midfielder or not.

Pretty sure they do give advice on all those things.

No idea if they require any proof of identity. Just give them a call before you go in I suppose.

Which sort of jobs are you looking to apply for?

Anything that isn't constant manual work or big retail basically :p

Might go for Adecco as well

Btw will Adnan be touring?

The fact that he only has a year left on his contract is worrying.

The squad hasn't been announced. We should find out tmrw.

Even if he is I can't imagine he would play much. Last year was a tournament year so alot of the players didn't even go on the tour or joined up in the latter stages Most of the first time are flying out this year so I expect there won't be as many opportunities for the younger players.

dc89

Indy Kalia says he got a DM on Twitter about Rooney. Involved in a training ground bust up, sent home early.

:loooooooooooooooooooooool

he is my new addiction. Tancredi is old hat now

I still have the last one to see (the latest movie in the franchise). Anyway several years ago I recall seeing what I think was a Planet Of The Apes movie where
close to the end of the movie a human and apes were in a city in ruins. I remember that the human fell down with a gorilla in some building and they couldn't get back up so instead of fighting each other they decided to work together to find a way ou. This was until the gorilla saw a very old poster in the building which shows a gorilla in a cage with a banana. This enraged the gorilla and made him fight with the human. I also recall that right at the end of the movie some apes decide to burn electronic devices and stuff which cause a huge fucking explosion and I think the movie ends after that. I haven't seen any of this in any of the movies so far so either it's in an extended version or the movie I describe was a 100 % fake copy of the Planet Of The Apes. Do you know anything about it?

pretty sure that doesn't happen in any of the movies. i could (should) re-watch them but yeah, don't remember that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom