• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Benzema. Benz is not a cunt. Doesn't bite players, doesn't disrespect his club.
Though Suarez is a better dribbler, Benzema is the better finisher.
Suarez has a 14% efficiency ratio, Benzema got a 20.2% efficiency ratio.
Suarez has the team around him, Benzema does not.

I'm sticking with Benz on this. Suarez can't even lace his boots, more likely to chew up the laces than he is tying them.
Benzema is playing with one of the best players of all time in Cristiano Ronaldo, along with a team full of world cup winners (including a world cup winning captain) and players who are exceptionally talented.

Liverpool, as it has been well documented hasn't really had the best four recent years. Suarez has been playing with the likes of Stewart Downing, Andy Carroll, Jay Spearing and Jonjo Shelvey.

Suarez still outscored Benz. Benzema should really be scoring more with the team that he is in.

Turok_TTZ

Does it even matter? Look who Benzema has around him. The cunt should be scoring more.
Just like Wayne Rooney, tevez should have been scoring more when CR7 was at manutd amirite?

Benzema and Higuain often get ignored as we pass the ball to cr7 hoping for him to have his hattrick. Intangibles and variables, how do they work?

Suarez is shit. I wouldn't take him even to replace Higuain. Rather have Cavani or Falcao. Real Forwards.

L1NETT

I'm a big fan of it. Not quite sure I'd go that far with the praise. It's certainly up there for me though.

Fair enough. I just love Mitchell and Mack so much. And when they get guests like Henning Wehn on, just turns to gold.

--

Ashes tomorrow, hyped. Not sure there are many cricket fans on GAF though.

Just like Wayne Rooney, tevez should have been scoring more when CR7 was at manutd amirite?

Benzema and Higuain often get ignored as we pass the ball to cr7 hoping for him to have his hattrick. Intangibles and variables, how do they work?

Suarez is shit. I wouldn't take him even to replace Higuain. Rather have Cavani or Falcao. Real Forwards.

I love you Turok

Turok_TTZ is absolutely godlike. stunning poster.
No doubt.

lol

arkon

Fair enough. I just love Mitchell and Mack so much. And when they get guests like Henning Wehn on, just turns to gold.

--

Ashes tomorrow, hyped. Not sure there are many cricket fans on GAF though.

Yeah. His story about being on Interpol's missing persons list was fantastic.

Turok_TTZ

ITT: People who do not understand Real Madrid's setup.

Such is the anguish of being a madrid man. Our forwards actually starve of service since all the service goes to CR7. Has been this way for 3 years and peeps continue to ignore this fact. Willful ignorance or oblivious? I may not be the best armchair coach around but this is elementary stuff. how do you think cr7 has been scoring all those goals? magic?

Love you too Vivalaraza, though purely platonic.

Dude who broke the Benteke story reckons it might be Spurs who are in for him.

Hopefully that happens so Arsenal can gtfo the top 4 and we can have 4 ambitious clubs in the CL.

Dude who broke the Benteke story reckons it might be Spurs who are in for him.

Hopefully that happens so Arsenal can gtfo the top 4 and we can have 4 ambitious clubs in the CL.

David-Moyes-award_1962362.jpg

Madrid aren't particularly impressive on the ball considering the players they have. It's like the team was built purely to hit Barcelona on the break

Turok_TTZ

You want a striker whois efficiency ratio is at mininum 20%. should be the minimum requirement for every top team's fowards. For perspective Suarez has taken 213 shots last season. Benzema on the other hand, had only 99 shots. CR7 meanwhile has 357 shots and scored 52 for an efficiency ratio of roughly 15% percent. I would argue we would do much better if we change our distribution of attack.

Madrid aren't particularly impressive on the ball considering the players they have. It's like the team was built purely to hit Barcelona on the break
congratulations, u understand the basic premise of why we are setup the way we are.
have a cookie.

http://images.teamtalk.com/09/03/800x600/David-Moyes-award_1962362.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]You don't think Manchester United will be an ambitious club anymore?

[quote="Lightning, post: 69211701"]Didn't realise the transfer window was over. My mistake.
[/QUOTE]
It's not over yet bro.

P.S - You're one of my favourite Arsenal posters. Fuck FW.

ITT: People who do not understand Real Madrid's setup.

Such is the anguish of being a madrid man. Our forwards actually starve of service since all the service goes to CR7. Has been this way for 3 years and peeps continue to ignore this fact. Willful ignorance or oblivious? I may not be the best armchair coach around but this is elementary stuff. how do you think cr7 has been scoring all those goals? magic?

Love you too Vivalaraza, though purely platonic.

no, this post is magic.

Hixx

Alfredo Pedulla:

Juve-Sunderland : on the plate could be not only Emanuele Giaccherini , for which the pressing of the Black Cats is total. The British, in addition to Altidore , take another striker. They think Damiao , for which the competition is-as you know-very nourished, mark Osvaldo , but at the moment hesitates, then attention to relations with the Juve that Giaccherini aside, can develop to Alessandro Matri . Paolo Di Canio in fact appreciate much the striker, which in Italy is the dream of Lazio , the ball then passes to the player, who might like an ambitious team that would allow him to compete in the Premier League.

AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

The discussion on the last page got me thinking. Would you guys date a girl that supports your club's biggest rival?

One day, some girl was hitting hard on me in my Spanish class. She then took out her phone which had a huge Schlacke logo on the cover. I hate to say it but I was a complete dick to her lol. Well, I guess it mainly depends on how hot she is, anyway. I don't want to sound mean, she was quite pretty but there are definately hotter girls out there. Or maybe it was that logo that made her ugly? I definately have to do some more research in this :D

I don't think Moyes was an ambitious appointment :p

You'll be ambitious for as long as you don't fuck up your status like we did in the early 90s.
Liverpool are shit but they're still an ambitious club.

They try to push the boat out, spend money, win things etc.

Clubs like United and Liverpool will always be ambitious.

Liverpool are shit but they're still an ambitious club.

They try to push the boat out, spend money, win things etc.

Clubs like United and Liverpool will always be ambitious.

I think Hodgson was a massive reality check for a lot of us. Every forum and most fans, it used to be 'title challenge next season' even if we'd finished 5th the season before.

Now I think most of us are happy to make steady purchases that don't put a financial burden on the club, and gradually build our way back to 5th/6th, then push for CL qualification, and then go from there.

We're still trying to go places, but my Koptimism has taken a bit of a battering in these last 4 years

@Milch, yes, but I would avoid football talk. I do not respond well to banter IRL, mainly because most people I used to talk about football with are genuinely stupid regarding it, so it was like trying to have some persiflage with doicare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom