• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
You don;t see anything wrong with allowing the game to be there on the proviso that nearky $100,000 was donated to charity by its fans, and then revealing that those very fans wouldn't be able to watch the game being played on that stage? Its like selling someone a ticket and then telling the fans that the game will be played behind closed doors

Wait........ I just finished reading the whole thing. I wasn't fully aware of the situation here. Please pardon me and proceed withe the complains.

3Sixty

Scottish football’s record transfer is set to be completed on Wednesday with Victor Wanyama poised to finalise a stunning £12.5million move to Southampton.

The Kenya international midfielder was due to start the Parkhead club’s thumping 6-2 friendly defeat to German Second Division side Greuther Firth on Tuesday night but it is understood he remained behind at the club’s training base on the outskirts of Munich as talks with the Premier League side moved towards a conclusion.

The bumper fee offered by Saints had already been accepted by Celtic previously, before the deal broke down due to personal terms being rejected by Wanyama and his agents.

Feorax

Watching our 2007/08 CL game against Inter. We've never replaced Hyypia in our defence, and it absolutely shows.

Maybe I'm being romantic, but if we spent £30 million on a top class partner for Agger and then spent nothing else this window, I would be perfectly happy with that. Wingers and attacking mids can wait.

Watching our 2007/08 CL game against Inter. We've never replaced Hyypia in our defence, and it absolutely shows.

Maybe I'm being romantic, but if we spent £30 million on a top class partner for Agger and then spent nothing else this window, I would be perfectly happy with that. Wingers and attacking mids can wait.

Can't we just buy a two-use time machine for Sami?

Batigol

Banned
Someone said I had Alexia

7uNdlRQ.jpg

I wish...

We aren't trying to win the title next season, so we don't need a perfect squad, but we definitely need to avoid having glaring gaps like we do at centre half.

One centre-back who can deal with strong forwards. That's all I desire.

The number of goals we conceded by having our centrebacks and fullbacks simply outstrengthed was unacceptable.

Agger switches off too often from sharp movement.
Skrtel is too enthusastic, and ends up either lunging in too early, or fouling them
Coates looks like a beast, but is weak as piss.
Carragher was never much for strength, and only got away with it by disguising his fouls :p

faridmon

Is it also weird that I am boycotting Nintendo for what they are doing at EVO?
I have been a big fan of their franchises but now;

FUCK YOU NINTENDO!

Pretty sure Alcaraz and Robles have been signed as free transfers.

Kone for £6m seems a bit much. He did get double figures last season though.

Hixx

I wonder if Martinez will play 3 at the back at Everton.

Distin - Alcaraz/Heitinga - Jagielka is pacey enough to do it but also strong enough to fit it.

faridmon

Distin - Alcaraz/Heitinga - Jagielka is pacey enough to do it but also strong enough to fit it.

Heitenga is gone, or so I hope. I am not sure about 3 at the back, don't know if we can cope with such pressure.

Messi

I am going to do it. I am going to get a Neymar 11 jersey/ I am sanctioning the sale of Thiago to Manchester United of England. Sad to see him go, but if its meant to be he will return.

Feorax

Decent shout. Baines and Coleman would be 2 pretty great wing backs too.

The first XI would likely work really well under this system. The conundrum Martinez has to solve is how to add depth to the squad. I don't think anyone else at Everton could do the wingback role other than the two mentioned, and you'd probably need at least one more centre half to act as cover if it was to be a permanent formation.

Scum

FUCK YOU NINTENDO!
Boycott? Farid, pls. Express anger at their fucking stupidity, but let's not go GamingGAF on this.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Which server are you on?

I don't know much, I just know all my friends who play it are in some US server.

If anyone is on the EUW league of legends server feel free to hit me up, not much gaf presence on there compared to the US :( shoot me a pm!

faridmon

Boycott? Farid, pls. Express anger at their fucking stupidity, but let's not go GamingGAF on this.

People donated almost 100 thousand dollars to get this game into EVO. This is basically shitting on your dedicated fanbase who happen to pay money (a lot of money) to give your game a free press.

hitting on your own people who have a good will. Not Fucking cool!

Sloosha

FUCK YOU NINTENDO!

Yeah, absolutely appalling decision from Nintendo considering what their community did to get Smash added to evo in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom