• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing in such a humiliating way could maybe a blessing in disguise. Spain to be honest haven't played that well in recent games. Perhaps complacency played a part in that? Let this sight sink in. Let them know what it feels like to be second best and lose a final.

Regardless of what happens in the WC, they'll now want it more than they would have had they won this game.

Losing in such a humiliating way could maybe a blessing in disguise. Spain to be honest haven't played that well in recent games. Perhaps complacency played a part in that? Let this sight sink in. Let them know what it feels like to be second best and lose a final.

Regardless of what happens in the WC, they'll now want it more than they would have had they won this game.
Answers pretty simple.

Turn the economy around and send Sepp a sack of gold.

Messi

The luck of being the only striker in a team of still magnificient midfield players.

tumblr_ltpzz5hwhh1r5ywbdo1_500.jpg

The bane of barcelona

The only way they can get more motivation for WC is Brazil getting Mourinho as a coach.

JWong

Banned
Now is the perfect time for predictions for next year. Go.

Premiership: Crystal Palace
Bundesliga: Werder Bremen
La Liga: Burger King
Serie A: Milan and Milan

Europa League: Wigan Athletic
Champions League: Copenhagen

World Cup: Canada

Done

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Neither Thiago nor Cesc can do Xavi's role. Well they can against Granada or other 2nd division meat teams, but not when it matters.

In fact nobody can, and that's why tiki taka will die with him. Spain and Farsa will be top teams still, of course, but it's not the same.

We need to evolve anyway, it's obvious the opponents know how to play against us. We need new ideas in the midfield, less ball hogging to justify high possession % more direct play. We can still dominate possession, but sometimes (as in Xavi) the players become more concerned on keeping the ball, than doing goals.

4-2-3-1 IMO. Busquets/Xavi double pivot, Iniesta as a CAM, Messi Neymar on the right and left wings with a central striker up front. 4-3-3 is dead.

Wilbur

Banned
We need to evolve anyway, it's obvious the opponents know how to play against us. We need new ideas in the midfield, less ball hogging to justify high possession % more direct play. We can still dominate possession, but sometimes (as in Xavi) the players become more concerned on keeping the ball, than doing goals.

4-2-3-1 IMO. Busquets/Xavi double pivot, Iniesta as a CAM, Messi Neymar on the right and left wings with a central striker up front. 4-3-3 is dead.

I don't think you should use Xavi. Busi/Martinez double pivot

and halfway through writing this i realised you were talking about barcelona

well fuck you anyway

Ce-Lin

Ramos on Spanish TV: "we are human"

lol but you sucker had to take that PK even when you're not Del Bosque' choice...

rar

hey if you're not going to use the best attacking midfielder in the world can we have him back please?

Eyeh4wk

Answers pretty simple.

Turn the economy around and send Sepp a sack of gold.
lol

This changes nothing, if Spain loses the next WC then maybe...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't think you should use Xavi. Busi/Martinez double pivot

and halfway through writing this i realised you were talking about barcelona

well fuck you anyway

Song/Busquets? Actually I think that would be even better, Song is more physical plus taller than Xavi has decent technical abilities.

I just think the 4-3-3 is too predictable now. Even Pep is using 4-2-3-1 with Bayern, isn't he?

Playing like we always do might be enough to win domestic titles, but in Europe we are going to get fucked.

Premiership: Arsenal
I want to believe
Bundesliga: Bayern Munich
La Liga: Barcelona
Serie A: Juventus

Europa League: Tottenham
Champions League: Bayern Munich

World Cup: France

Done.

Messi

One sad thing for me about tonight. This pretty much means it is over for Ronaldinho in the Brazil squad.

End of an era.

Wilbur

Banned
Song/Busquets? Actually I think that would be even better, Song is more physical plus taller than Xavi has decent technical abilities.

I just think the 4-3-3 is too predictable now. Even Pep is using 4-2-3-1 with Bayern, isn't he?

Playing like we always do might be enough to win domestic titles, but in Europe we are going to get fucked.

Problem is that a) Song is an extremely limited footballer who has been pigeon holed into a defensive midfield position because of his height and strength when actually he's good for a pass and not much else, and b) having Messi as the fulcrum is working because he's just so fucking good. I'd have Iniesta behind Messi, Neymar and Sanchez either side. But I do think you need a real double pivot, and of course fucking better centre backs.

I meant to go and try and make some graphics for this OT to help sleepless, but this was the only end product

wilkermmzsdp.gif

holy fucking shit hahahahahaha

Messi

Premiership:
Bundesliga:
La Liga:
Serie A:

Europa League:
Champions League:

World Cup:

Premiership: Chelsea
Bundesliga: Bayern
La Liga: Barca

Europa League: Man United
Champions League: Real Madrid (it kills me to write that, I also pray for Barca)

World Cup: Germany

Ce-Lin

transition ? humiliation ? end of Tiki-Taka ? please... what Spain players need is a fucking rest. And apart from that I still think Aspas is a major scrub, but considering only 3 teams are worth a damn in England he'll manage to look good lol.

Predictions

Premiership: Manchester United for the fucking win
Bundesliga: Bayern.......
La Liga: it hurts me deep inside but.. Barcelona

Europa League: some French team
Champions League: Barcelona... ugh...

World Cup: Spain

transition ? humiliation ? end of Tiki-Taka ? please... what Spain players need is a fucking rest. And apart from that I still think Aspas is a major scrub, but considering only 3 teams are worth a damn in England he'll manage to look good lol.

You need to :

1. Realize that a lot of this is sarcasm

2. That you're being ridiculous.

3, That Englands promising u21 players are goign to win the next Euros.

Timurid

Same can be said for most players in the tournament.

Salvadora

u wot m8

keit4

Banned

tumblr_lm7jzrrxem1qjv48ho1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom