• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Adventure Time is great!

I love it when people talk earnestly about Reggie

'Reggie's fucking awesome, I love him'

'Is he any good at his job?'

'pfft, no.'

In my personal opinion it isn't so much as Reggie (NoA), Iwata (NCL) or Shibata (NoE). It's the old gits at the top at NCL that are a deep rooted cause at Nintendo.

I mean, the current board consists of these old cunts...

Yoshihiro Mori, 68
Masaharu Matsumoto, 71
Eiichi Suzuki, 63
Shigeru Miyamoto, 61
Genyo Takeda, 64
Nobuo Nagai, 68
Kaoru Takemura, 67
Tatsumi Kimishima, 63
Shinji Hatano, 71

..a talented band of merry old men with their medieval "We must reinvent the wheel" ways. With the exception of Miyamoto, the rest should be on their pensions by now.

K1LLER7

How you planning on passing the time Killer?

I will wake up late, about 12ish and then just watch the Ashes through the whole day. That's basically my plan right now lol.

:lol fair play
tbh not much different from you lol.

Going to eat now, then going to watch a movie or something until around 4.
Look to wake up around 12ish, sort some Uni things out while watching Ashes..

rodvik

This Belgian guy on twitter who covers Belgians in the Premier League said the same. But I've no idea about his credibility. I still don't think we can afford Benteke. Chelsea is his most likely destination in my opinion.

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland
Christian #Benteke only wants to join Spurs. Liverpool made an enquiry, but he told them he wasn't interested. #LFC #AVFC #CFC

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland
Christian Benteke also isn't keen on joining #CFC, as the player thinks he's not ready for Chelsea and fears he won't be first choice. #AVFC

Fine by me. Gonna cost Levy a packet though. Almost worth it to see him part with over 25 million squids and no offloadins Spurs deadwood either :)

Seeing you score those 2 goals made my day. Torres is back ;)

The humid weather's going to make it hard. Say's it might rain tomorrow. Pls let it rain.

Thanks heh, the first goal was pretty good thanks to your pass.

The second was just too funny :p

I wish it would just rain here, no way during this time of year.

Randdalf

Adventure Time is great!

In my personal opinion it isn't so much as Reggie (NoA), Iwata (NCL) or Shibata (NoE). It's the old gits at the top at NCL that are a deep rooted cause at Nintendo.

I mean, the current board consists of these old cunts...

Yoshihiro Mori, 68
Masaharu Matsumoto, 71
Eiichi Suzuki, 63
Shigeru Miyamoto, 61
Genyo Takeda, 64
Nobuo Nagai, 68
Kaoru Takemura, 67
Tatsumi Kimishima, 63
Shinji Hatano, 71

..a talented band of merry old men with their medieval "We must reinvent the wheel" ways. With the exception of Miyamoto, the rest should be on their pensions by now.

This is the same board that presided over Nintendo becoming the most valuable company in Japan a few years ago don't forget.

Kikarian

All the salt coming from Xbox One and Wii U fans over edge.
3AQmK.gif

Scum

If Benteke doesn't flop Spurs have a shot at winning the title if they forget about the Europa League.
\o/

callejon sold to napoli for 10m euros

lol soon madrid will have no strikers
Has Perez given up on Suarez? Benz. lol

This is the same board that presided over Nintendo becoming the most valuable company in Japan a few years ago don't forget.
They're all talented but too damn old.

It's Spurs man.

Will, pls.

Yeah it's fantastic. But it's so frustrating how sometimes you have an amazing run and end up with a fully upgraded ship, and sometimes you're just fucked.

And easy difficulty? Suck my dick [name of developer]

That's roguelikes for you! Speaking of which, I can't wait for Spelunky to hit Steam soon :D

GorillaJu

Try Rogue Legacy if you haven't. It's got randomly generated dungeons and permadeath, like a rogue-like, but it's 2D castlevania-esque gameplay.

GorillaJu

Yeah Schwarzer to Chelsea is screwy, but it's clear they wanted an English keeper to maintain quota. First they inquired about Butland, then Ruddy. Schwarzer makes sense.

Scum

GorillaJu

Does Schwarzer count? He's Australian.

Oh is he? I always thought he was English. He may count anyway if he came through a British academy pre-18. Doubt it though! Edit: yeah he definitely doesn't qualify.

Maybe they were just looking for a decent back up and it's nothing to do with nationality.

arkon

Not sure tbh with regards to Schwarzer. Might just be a case of getting in a decent backup.

Also, I can't believe Nintendo have reversed the decision. That's craziness.

xintin

Oh is he? I always thought he was English. He may count anyway if he came through a British academy pre-18. Doubt it though! Edit: yeah he definitely doesn't qualify.

Maybe they were just looking for a decent back up and it's nothing to do with nationality.
Decent backup. Turnbull and Hilario were both sent packing and Courtois is in Atletico again next year.

GorillaJu

I wonder if Courtois will end up being a good PL keeper. You'd think a moneybags team like PSG would want to try and prize him away from Chelsea, but we've heard nothing of the sort.

xintin

Courtois will be off soon though, right? Maybe Atletico will pinch him permanently...?
I think we'll be asking the same questions about Courtois at Chelsea next year. He was definitely brought in to replace Cech, but I don't think anyone expected him to develop into such a talent so quickly.

Nilaul

I seem to be rusty with positioning myself in football, how to be helpful to my teammates. My movement without the ball seems to be weak; its like I'm lacking theory. Anyway to improve this?

Scum

I think we'll be asking the same questions about Courtois at Chelsea next year. He was definitely brought in to replace Cech, but I don't think anyone expected him to develop into such a talent so quickly.
I can see Barca sniffing around...

Messi

Guys give me advice. Should I go ahead and get Neymar Jr 11 on the new barca kit? if I don't do it now I will have to wait until November at the earliest to get it at the club shop on my next trip.

I think its fairly possible he takes 11 even if thiago stays.

deGod

Nope. Honestly though it's not that hard.

Fair play to ye for being able to do it, I wouldn't be able to do it. Then again it is part of your religion so it's important to ye.

I can't go half an hour without drinking and it's worse when I wake up cause smoking makes my throat and mouth really dry

Messi

Fair play to ye for being able to do it, I wouldn't be able to do it. Then again it is part of your religion so it's important to ye.

I can't go half an hour without drinking and it's worse when I wake up cause smoking makes my throat and mouth really dry

Don't worry, I will make sure your throat is never dry.

Slizz

Drunk History is fucking hilarious.

American history told by comedians completely shitfaced then the re-enactments are of comedians mouthing what the drunk narrator is saying.

Turok_TTZ

callejon sold to napoli for 10m euros

lol soon madrid will have no strikers
...What's wrong with Benz, Morata? Jese can play striker as well.
meanwhile, ffs flo sign the boy, trigger the clause already! though tbh, 30+m for an unproven kid is a bit much...

deGod

Drunk History is fucking hilarious.

American history told by comedians completely shitfaced then the re-enactments are of comedians mouthing what the drunk narrator is saying.

Messi's take on Irish history is the funniest thing ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom