• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Barca have been up their old tricks getting their players to go public saying how amazing it would be and how much he wants it etc etc.

It's pathetic.

Old tricks or genuinely would rather play for Barca than PSG.

Makes sense right.

Edit: Hixx get back on Fifa you knob, Ms Quiche has released Keith from his chicken cage

Hixx

Makes sense right.

Edit: Hixx get back on Fifa you knob, Ms Quiche has released Keith from his chicken cage

lol I am making cheese on toast I just couldn't be bothered to wait for the game to end so I restarted my PC

Will play when I've ate it.

Linius

It won't happen this summer. Nasser is refusing to even talk to Barcelona so all of this news is just bs.

Thiago Silva won't be a little bitch like Modric was to Spurs.

Yeah, but you're biased. Shut up :(

And indeed, PSG doesn't the money. But obviously they will demand a shitload in order for Silva to leave. Apparently Marquinhos should be his replacement. AS Roma should have received a 30 mil. bid.

Makes sense right.

I'm sure he would rather play for Barca, they wouldn't be going for him if they didn't know that already.

The way their players are coming out saying things like "he told me if it was up to him, he would be here now" is bullshit.

subtles

If I'm not mistaken wasn't Thiago Silva forced out of Milan? I remember reading him encouraging Ibra to stay while using those classic Kaka lines himself (before his move to Madrid). I could be hallucinating after the Mickey affair though so yeah.

Even based Gazprom wouldn't take him for free.

But really he's not doing well in his position, we need a CB who can read the game better and defend better.

Honestly if Arsenal were selling I wouldn't be surprised to see based Gazprom show an interest in Vermaelen. We need to replace the departed Bruno Alves( thank you Fenerbahce) and he can cover for Criscito at LB while his knee is still fucked up.

Linius

Norwhich is appararently in the market for Alderweireld as well. If they can bring some good money I don't mind to see him leave.

Meanwhile Roma is busy in talks with PSV over Strootman. Talks are that their final bid might be even higher than the 17 mil. discussed earlier. PSV demands a banking guerantee for the money though.

flippedb

Banned
If I'm not mistaken wasn't Thiago Silva forced out of Milan? I remember reading him encouraging Ibra to stay while using those classic Kaka lines himself (before his move to Madrid). I could be hallucinating after the Mickey affair though so yeah.

They were both forced out. Ibra said he didn't want to leave, same as TS33 :(

Tremoulinas to Dynamo Kiev. They're having a great summer in the transfer market. They'll probably bitchslap Shakhtar around in the Ukrainian League this season.

Zabojnik

We can afford to overpay for one target after getting Tevez and Llorente for a combined 9 mill. :p

Exactly. We're talking about a few M€ anyway. Also, allegedly the Giak deal is 10M€, not 8 as previously reported. Even better.

Still not convinced about Diamanti. Technically, he'd be a great addition to our squad, we don't have anybody that's quite like him. But he's also 30 and Cuntlogna will probably ask for a ridiculous amount of money.

Salvadora

Sure his a good player, but unlike some of the other departures in the past few seasons I don't think Vermaelen leaving would hurt us.

I think there are other considerations, though.

Selling our captain for what, the third year running (who is on a long term contract)? Can't be having that. If I was confident we would buy an able replacement, sure, but we could conceivably have to replace Sagna & Vermaelen this summer.

I'm already feeling down :(

Zabojnik

I'm surprised there aren't any Florenzi (AS Roma, Italy U21) rumors floating around. Brilliant midfielder. I guess he's not for sale.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We need a Diamanti like player more than Giak, his age isn't an issue imo.

They were both forced out. Ibra said he didn't want to leave, same as TS33 :(
It takes two to tango. Trust me, no one was forced out (especially one of Mino's clients), it's classic PR.

flippedb

Banned
We need a Diamanti like player more than Giak, his age isn't an issue imo.

It takes two to tango. Trust me, no one was forced out (especially one of Mino's clients), it's classic PR.

They both had high wages, Milan is a broke club (at least that's what they say), so I'm pretty sure they were put in the market because of that.

I still miss Thiago :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Halilovic and Jedvaj to Spurs is apparently off.

Need all that cash for Bentekkers.

It's not a financial issue, Halilovic's father thinks he's not ready to move. As the deal was for both players, it seems Jedvaj will join Roma now while Halilovic remains at Dinamo. We have good relations with them so I think we might go back for him when he's ready to move on.

Lightning

Banned
I think there are other considerations, though.

Selling our captain for what, the third year running (who is on a long term contract)? Can't be having that. If I was confident we would buy an able replacement, sure, but we could conceivably have to replace Sagna & Vermaelen this summer.

I'm already feeling down :(
Dont feel down. If there is a chance we can get rid of Vermaelen we should. The amount of goals he cost us last season was incredible.

Send Vermaelen to Liverpool!

Suen

Honestly if Arsenal were selling I wouldn't be surprised to see based Gazprom show an interest in Vermaelen. We need to replace the departed Bruno Alves( thank you Fenerbahce) and he can cover for Criscito at LB while his knee is still fucked up.
Current Vermaelen won't bring your defense up to the next level nor do I think he's a player you'd need to compete better in Euro competitions but then considering how great Bruno Alves did I suppose it's still an improvement lol.

Damn that shot could have been a 2-1 :(

God damnit. Santos the cheap bastards bailed on us, and we are stuck with Robinho. So no Ljajic or Honda. :-(

Oh well, I like Binho. Hope he has fun on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom