• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I didn't spend hours theorising on Alan Wake's ending, I can't tell you how much I love that game. I wish we were getting a second any time soon.

It's all your fault, you should have bought it.

Current Vermaelen won't bring your defense up to the next level nor do I think he's a player you'd need to compete better in Euro competitions but then considering how great Bruno Alves did I suppose it's still an improvement lol.

Next level? Lol. At this point I'd be happy finishing top three in the league next season and avoiding finishing last in our CL group.

I'm glad I didn't spend hours theorising on Alan Wake's ending, I can't tell you how much I love that game. I wish we were getting a second any time soon.

It's all your fault, you should have bought it.

I'm currently playing it for the first time actually, great game. On episode four. I wish there was less combat though, it's a chore after a while and really pointless, I just want more story.

dc89

BO1pRT3CAAEWYCQ.jpg:large

Pellegrini's grin when mentioning Navas and Fernandinho as his 'new signings so far'.

He knows shit.

Just about to start BoB ep 4.

Has some of the best action scenes I've ever seen, so good.

May do a LTTP thread when I've finished it.

Edit: was that Sean Astin I just saw? :lol

edit 2: just went to his wiki and imdb page, it's not him lol. Definitely looks like him though!

kharma45

Probably the best show ever made. Episodes 6 and 9 are my favourites. Final was great too.

:(

:( :(: (

I need to rewatch again soon. Fuck I love it so much.

Clegg

Some people saying Nick Powell might be headed to Huddersfield on loan.

Be still my beating heart.

Huddersfield and Norwich are the clubs being talked about the most.

I'd like Powell to go to Huddersfield as I think he'd get more matches there.

kharma45

Killer is plunging depths I've never reached at my most craven.

lol poor Killer.

Some people saying Nick Powell might be headed to Huddersfield on loan.

Be still my beating heart.

Don't care where he goes as long as he gets games. Pity we could get him to somewhere like Wigan or Sunderland, we've had successful loans there before.

Shame about The Pacific. Watch Generation Kill next.

Fuck The Pacific :( I still need to get around to Gen Kill, heard good things.

K1LLER7

Killer is plunging depths I've never reached at my most craven.
Doesn't go well with fasting.

But don't worry United-bros/girl. He'll sign and then join our tour alongside De Gea.
United have allowed him to have an extended holiday that will end next Monday.

#IAMITK

Edit: was that Sean Astin I just saw? :lol

edit 2: just went to his wiki and imdb page, it's not him lol. Definitely looks like him though!

Only watched it last year, soooo many actors I recognise, it was crazy. The Pacific was about as good as far as cinematography and all that goes, I just found it hard to care about the characters in the same way as BoB.

Edit: Generation Kill was amazing, watch.

arkon

Don't care where he goes as long as he gets games. Pity we could get him to somewhere like Wigan or Sunderland, we've had successful loans there before.

Wigan was also a name I've heard bandied about as possible loan destination. If I were Powell I'd be choosing to go there (potential European experience to be had!) or lower down in the PL

kharma45

What's wrong with the Pacific? I have it on BR (as well as Gen Kill)

So many tv shows I need to catch up with :(

You'll see.

Watch it. Probably my favourite ever TV show.

Better than BoB?

Wigan was also a name I've heard bandied about as possible loan destination. If I were Powell I'd be choosing to go there (potential European experience to be had!) or lower down in the PL

Yeah that'd be a good option. No doubt he'd do well in the Championship but the PL would be more of a test and help push him.

:lol Spartak before Zenit, even if it's true how can you admit that. CSKA in third spot is not good enough :(

Lopez choking.

Spartak coming second is what they do, they've done 5 times in the last 8 years. They looked better than us in the preseason tourney with Shakhtar and Dynamo Kiev. And It looks like they've finally sorted out their terrible defense. And they've actually spent money on transfers. I think Gazprom is broke, we've spent 800k on transfers so far. Bringing back washed up Shava and washed up Tymo have been our "big" offseason signings.

Clegg

Got an A2 in History when I sat it in 2010.

Made a slight mess of a question on the Jarrow Marches. I was marked down for that.

Tc91

Moyes: "I was shopping with my wife when Sir Alex called, wanting me drop by his house. I had my jeans on but didn’t have time to change."

Moyes: "So I turn up at his house having to apologise for what I was wearing. He made me a cup of tea. It’s a moment I’ll never forget."

Moyes: "I then picked up my wife. I just said to her, 'I’m the Manchester United manager' & I can’t repeat what she said after that!"

Moyes: "Sir Alex had told me I could only tell my wife - I couldn’t even tell my children, my dad. The only person I told was my wife."

Moyes on the Glazer's: "They’ve given me a lot of confidence: ‘Get on with the job, there’s no panic here, take your time."

Is that from his press conference or another interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom