• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Is our plan working? Any credible reports that Madrid are getting ready a bid for Suarez?

I read a comment from an Arsenal fan saying that his friend who had canceled his season ticket two years ago had received a call about potentially renewing it.

I hope my reading into this is incorrect.

Empty

i just spent a while looking through the dates of moyes' recent summer transfer deals at everton.

fucking hell we're going to be here for a while. he moves so slowly. tons on or near transfer deadline day, including the big money moves like fellaini and yakubu, and loads in august.

pulga

Banned
Sviat, looks like we will probably be selling that russian kid to Leverkusen or Borussia Mönchengladbach. Apparently Madrid have gotten offers out of Russia but Cheryshev is in no hurry go back to, what he calls, a "second rate" league.

1373444662_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Clegg

i just spent a while looking through the dates of moyes' recent summer transfer deals at everton.

fucking hell we're going to be here for a while. he moves so slowly. tons on or near transfer deadline day, including the big money moves like fellaini and yakubu, and loads in august.
Tbf if we're making a move for Thiago then we'll have to complete the deal before the first of August.

That's when his buyout clause expires.

Tc91

Carbonox

Midichlorian will be the one to watch in Bundesliga next season where new signings are concerned. Guy's amazing. It's a shame him nor the Ukranian League is FIFA so we can play with him. Gotta wait a couple of months for FIFA14.

Looking forward to seeing Aubs in action too.

Kikarian

We might get Thiago in 2015.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually really excited for the new season.

New coach, no Moyes, player signings, etc.

Can anyone tell me what is Deulofeu's best position?

Messi

Like who?

De Gea said something once.

It's a tactic Barca employ to unsettle players.

Fairly sure I read something from other players about him.

The press ask everyone they get a chance to.

Who here posted that del bosque quote about thiago needing to get mins but left out the second part of the quote telling him to stay at barca.

Sviat, looks like we will probably be selling that russian kid to Leverkusen or Borussia Mönchengladbach. Apparently Madrid have gotten offers out of Russia but Cheryshev is in no hurry go back to, what he calls, a "second rate" league.

Cheryshev is a little cunt. We hired his fucking dad to be coach of our youth team to try to lure him here but that obviously didn't work, lol.

BTW, everything these cunts have told you about how to pronounce Mkhitaryan is wrong.

It's more like m-hee-tar-yan

Carbonox

Aubs. :'(

We need a striker not named Bent. I DON'T WANT TO GET BENT LAMBDA!

I don't care who we get anymore. Such a sad state of affairs. Any ounce of excitement for the club's future went to shit.

As for Aubs, I'm glad he went to Dortmund if it weren't Newcastle. It's a good step up for him and he can play CL football every season.

pulga

Banned
These "memes" are so stupid but this one made me LOL

1006212_570236579701928_94210494_n.jpg

Cheryshev is a little cunt. We hired his fucking dad to be coach of our youth team to try to lure him here but that obviously didn't work, lol.

BTW, everything these cunts have told you about how to pronounce Mkhitaryan is wrong.

It's more like m-hee-tar-yan

What the fuck, why are you guys so desperate for him?

Clegg

Fairly sure I read something from other players about him.

The press ask everyone they get a chance to.

Who here posted that del bosque quote about thiago needing to get mins but left out the second part of the quote telling him to stay at barca.
Its a Barca tactic to deliberately unsettle a player by commenting through the media.

Its been going on for a long time now. Complete scumbag behaviour.

Carbonox

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/10/forme...is-chairs-with-his-many-club-shirts-3877742/?

People say footballers don’t care about the clubs they play for; that a little stint here and there means nothing to some of these mercenaries.

Well, not for the renowned house-proud player Obafemi Martins. And the former Newcastle striker is someone who should know his way around a fair few training grounds by now.

For the 28-year-old has had eight clubs since leaving his native Nigeria for pastures new: Reggiana, Inter Milan, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan, Birmingham, Levante and now American MLS outfit Seattle Sounders.

What has Martins done to commemorate his colourful career? Well, he has chosen to use shirts from his old clubs – and his country – to upholster his golden dining room chairs.

As the picture shows, Martins is proudly showing off his kit to any visitors to his household – what a novel idea.

7kuVOkn.jpg

That's pretty fucking cool. :lol

What the fuck, why are you guys so desperate for him?

Lol, we're not that desperate. Our youth team coach left so we needed to hire someone. It's not like Cheryshev's dad was completely unqualified or anything, he was manager of a Russian League team before. The bit that we hired him to lure his son was just speculation on my part ;)
But in general, yes Zenit are desperate for some young, decent Russian players. Our core of Russian players is old and needs replacing. Our youth team hasn't produced anybody decent in recent times and we need to get someone, since there's a foreigner limit in the Russian League and obviously our competitors won't sell to us.

Yes.

Only difference is Barcelona seem to do it strategically and in far more obvious ways. The Cesc episode in particular was just embarrassing.

They do it to try and get players to force moves and lower the price. I still can't believe Wenger asked the board to lower their demands for Cesc, Barce were just being cheap. They think when they decide they want a player he's theirs, and their constant douchey actions shouldn't be allowed.

panty

We should Carvajal him.

Also,

"Real Madrid C.F. announce that Nacho Cheese Sauce has signed an extension to his contract that keeps him at the club for the next four seasons."

Messi

You talking about the ball incident?

Hardly compared to talking to the media and forcing the clubs shirts on players.

nope

Talking to Mundo Deportivo, De Gea said, “Any team you like to have a partner like Thiago. We talked about it in joke between us, but I don’t think that Barca (will) let him out.”

Although the presence of a release clause means that the Catalans may not have the final say, which made De Gea’s final comment the one United fans should perhaps focus on.

“Hopefully next season has a Spanish partner in the team,” he said.

K1LLER7

Zaha that cheeky bugger he did have his suit on him he changed into it at the airport.

Now we know why Moyes was taking his belt off.
Adnan on tour must mean United have a new contract offer lined up for him.

Would be amazing if he stars during the Pre-season games and Moysey decides to keep him with the first team this season.

Slizz

nope

Talking to Mundo Deportivo, De Gea said, “Any team you like to have a partner like Thiago. We talked about it in joke between us, but I don’t think that Barca (will) let him out.”

Although the presence of a release clause means that the Catalans may not have the final say, which made De Gea’s final comment the one United fans should perhaps focus on.

“Hopefully next season has a Spanish partner in the team,” he said.

That last line makes 0 sense.

Kikarian

Adnan on tour must mean United have a new contract offer lined up for him.

Would be amazing if he stars during the Pre-season games and Moysey decides to keep him with the first team this season.
Fergie did put him on the bench on against West Brom, so he clearly thinks he's good enough to play in the first team, which he is. So Fergie's obviously contacted Moyes telling him to give Adnan a chance in the first team.

He needs to bulk up more though before he goes into the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom