• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Arsenal fans getting hyped over Fabregas. Like he'll want to play in the Europa League 2014/15

u wot m8

Him and CR7 in the same team loooooooooooool. How will that dressing room survive?

Just realised I wrote CM when I meant CB. Still, Pep's a donut. Martinez was the best DM in the world last season, and he wants to move him? Pfft.

He played Sergio there when he was the best and that backfired woefully.

I find it amusing to see Real Madrid fans, of all people, turning their noses up at world class strikers because of their personalities and indiscretions

BO2QvEsCMAEy71W.jpg

TOOT TOOT

My experience is that, at least, in Spain some degree of doubt means good info. When a journalist gives transfer news with any doubt, it means usually that Florentino/Rossel/whoever called them to give fake info that is relevant to their interests.

For exmple, Madrid wants to sign Illarramendi but it's too expensive, then Florentino will call some of his dicksucking journalists and tell them "Hey, we are signing Gundogan, PINKY SWEAR!". And the pseudojournalists will always fall for it.

I haven't heard the show tonight, but I will listen to the podcast edition later and see how reliable the info is.

panty

I find it amusing to see Real Madrid fans, of all people, turning their noses up at world class strikers because of their personalities and indiscretions

You're talking like Ronnie is the worst player to work with (assuming you're talking about Ronnie). Whoever you're talking about it's not working.

Of all people? Oh please.

spidye

bayern are, like, the healthiest club in the world. if they can buy a player united can't, then more power to them. it is simply impossible this won't work out. i fully embrace our german overlords. hallo, ich bin karl. ich fixe deine kabel.

meanwhile, the premier league is dying.

arsenal can't even buy a second-rate striker
chelsea signed a manager who is now a caricature of himself
united are now managed by moyes and they can't even sign a barca benchwarmer
liverpool are based in liverpool
the spurs will spend millions yet again and still finish outside of the top four

lolololololol

My experience is that, at least, in Spain some degree of doubt means good info. When a journalist gives transfer news with any doubt, it means usually that Florentino/Rossel/whoever called them to give fake info that is relevant to their interests.

For exmple, Madrid wants to sign Illarramendi but it's too expensive, then Florentino will call some of his dicksucking journalists and tell them "Hey, we are signing Gundogan, PINKY SWEAR!". And the pseudojournalists will always fall for it.

I haven't heard the show tonight, but I will listen to the podcast edition later and see how reliable the info is.

Cheers mang.

Wilbur

Banned
Southampton gonna be tasty next year if they can get in a defender or two. Midfield pairing of Wanyama and Schneiderlin is fucking absurd and better than ours.

You're talking like Ronnie is the worst player to work with (assuming you're talking about Ronnie). Whoever you're talking about it's not working.

You supporters are cunts, your board are cunts, last season's manager was a massive cunt, a few of your players are cunts, all of your players were cunts under the aforementioned massive cunt, you have no problems with the cunts in your team at the moment, your strikers are shit and suddenly Ibra and Suarez aren't acceptable? Like one of them would be the cunt too far, the cunt who would tip the balance away from Gentleman's Club™ and back to the way you actually are, should be, and always will be considered?

Face it, they'd be but another cunt in a circus of cunts. Both of them are multitudes better than your current options, either of them would make the title a much greater possibility than it is at the moment. You should be fucking grateful if you get either of them, and you should be sucking whatever deity is up there off every night that players still hold your fucking blight of a club in some esteem.

Cunts.

panty

You supporters are cunts, your board are cunts, last season's manager was a massive cunt, a few of your players are cunts, all of your players were cunts under the aforementioned massive cunt, you have no problems with the cunts in your team at the moment, your strikers are shit and suddenly Ibra and Suarez aren't acceptable? Like one of them would be the cunt too far, the cunt who would tip the balance away from Gentleman's Club™ and back to the way you actually are, should be, and always will be considered?

Face it, they'd be but another cunt in a circus of cunts. Both of them are multitudes better than your current options, either of them would make the title a much greater possibility than it is at the moment. You should be fucking grateful if you get either of them, and you should be sucking whatever deity is up there off every night that players still hold your fucking blight of a club in some esteem.

Cunts.

Haha you're a joke.

Slizz

Anybody interested in the new FX show The Bridge?

Hour and half long premiere tonight.... Looks pretty intriguing, I'm gonna give it a go.

3Sixty

Southampton gonna be tasty next year if they can get in a defender or two. Midfield pairing of Wanyama and Schneiderlin is fucking absurd and better than ours.

I'm pretty happy with Lovern/Maya/Forren as CB's tbh. Obviously LB & RB is locked down for ever.

Looks like the focus now has switched to a striker. Osvaldo is a nutter. Damiao worries me only played in Brazil. Heard we even had a half look at Gomez.

arkon

Anybody interested in the new FX show The Bridge?

Hour and half long premiere tonight.... Looks pretty intriguing, I'm gonna give it a go.

FootballFan is really looking forward to it. He's been talking about it for the past few months.

Walshy

Cunts.
This is beautiful.

There's a legit story of Cesc coming back to Arsenal, posted only tonight.

It's the Daily Mail, but still.

Hold me.

I wouldn't be surprised at all

You can tell my the way he plays at Barca that it isn;t how he envisioned his prime years going, even if he's winning trophies. Despite all the nonsense when he left, I reckon he still holds Arsenal in very high regard, too high to play for another English team.

The price will be right, the tactics will be right, his importance to the team will be right, the location will be right. The only stumbling block is Arsenal's current position, battling for 4th and adrift of 3rd. But who knows, maybe Arsene has a plan to convince him with, or maybe he wants out so much that he doesn;t much care about it.

Cunts.
Oh my days.

Amazing lol

Suen

Cunts.
You sound like a Madrid cunt supporter, join us. Personally I'd gladly accept Suarez or Ibra because I seriously believe we could win Lol Decima with either one of them but I'd still prefer Cavani because

1. Great player and younger than Ibra
2. Suarez != Gentleman's Club™

Kikarian

Cunts.
at-least-you-tried.gif

taxi-drive-clap.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I'm pretty happy with Lovern/Maya/Forren as CB's tbh. Obviously LB & RB is locked down for ever.

Looks like the focus now has switched to a striker. Osvaldo is a nutter. Damiao worries me only played in Brazil. Heard we even had a half look at Gomez.

Think all your CBs are pretty good but compared to the rest of the team they're a tad lacking. Midfield is incred, Rodriguez and Gaston are dangerous, Lambert don't need replacing for at least another season, Mayuka should feature more this year, Clyne and Shaw are future MU bros, and Boruc is good if fucking nuts.

Need a top quality defender more than a striker if you ask me, but I understand the allure of the latter.

It'd be fine except for the wallpaper, that's a bit much.

Even the pictures are weird. Maybe it's because I don't know or care what GiantBomb is and don't feel any sadness apart from the fact that it's obviously sad a young man has died... but still. A bit weird.

arkon

You sound like a Madrid cunt supporter, join us. Personally I'd gladly accept Suarez or Ibra because I seriously believe we could win Lol Decima with either one of them but I'd still prefer Cavani because

You've still got Pepe haven't you? Didn't he kill somebody on the pitch?

panty

You seriously think Ibra would fit in well with the squad? I don't and he's not getting any younger. Would've taken Cavani any day of the week but would be more than happy with Suarez too.

Preferring Cavani is absolutely the correct mindset. He's at least as good as the other two, and doesn't come with the baggage. Preferring Benzema/Higuain/Morata/Jese over that same combo minus one and with an added Suarez or Ibrahimovic is silly tbh.

@Panty, sorry, thought you'd be unhappy with Suarez as well :p

Lunchbox

Banned

Cunts.

iPbSAGy6DUntY.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Hitcher post might genuinely be my favourite in all my time in FootyGAF

Bang on the money as well. Colossal collective cavalcade of Catalan-envying chorizo chewing Cristiano-reliant cunts.

Fuck Madrid.

Slizz

All it takes is one tweet saying Thiago to Bayern to light a fire under this thread.

Great stuff happening right now lol.

panty

Preferring Cavani is absolutely the correct mindset. He's at least as good as the other two, and doesn't come with the baggage. Preferring Benzema/Higuain/Morata/Jese over that same combo minus one and with an added Suarez or Ibrahimovic is silly tbh.

All is given and you're not a joke :lol Suarez is a top striker but he shouldn't be such a cunt.

Messi

Anyone want a free UV copy of the first season of House of Cards? It came with my blu ray.

First person to post a picture of Olivia Wilde that I have not seen, gets it (its easier than you might think)

All is given and you're not a joke :lol Suarez is a top striker but he shouldn't be such a cunt.

Don't I fucking know it :(

Wish we could implant the brain of Alonso or someone into Luis. Only opens his mouth when he has something good to say, rather than acting like an absolute bellend on the pitch and saying things that make every party involved look bad.

@Wilbz, don't be harsh. Enoch Powell changed his ways :p

Cunts.
HbS3YUF.gif

arkon

Think you're just confusing Turok's view as representative of RealMadridGAF. Big mistake.

panty

I think he's a cunt on purpose and he knows what he's doing. Imo he's probably the best striker in the PL right now or at least in the top 3.

E

camjackers-2006-oliviwes0x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom