• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't really like the American adaptation of Oldboy, I think I'll skip it.

You can't hate something before even watching it!

I can't think of many examples where the American remake has been better than the original or even on par. Why even try with Oldboy?

The Departed. <3
Tweets would be posted from accounts that didn't exist (without any indication), for example.

Thought it was over the top imo.
You say this

then
There's a legit story of Cesc coming back to Arsenal, posted only tonight.
----------------------------- César ---------------

Sagna -- Mertesacker --- Koscielny -- Monreal

------------------Wilshere---- Kondogbia----------

-------------Suarez -----Cesc----- Cazorla

-------------------------- Higuain-----------------

Ware Liebe.

I don't get it. Why would we still love a player that betrayed us?

Let's look at it like this. Your girlfriend leaves for another guy and you are like "She told me he has more money and a shiny bald head. I still love her, she's better off with him.". Well there are guys like this but I say fuck that.

Jack cw

I don't get it. Why would we still love a player that betrayed us?

Let's look at it like this. Your girlfriend leaves for another guy and you are like "She told me he has more money and a shiny bald head. I still love her, she's better off with him.". Well there are guys like this but I say fuck that.

It is amazing how far that Watzke indoctrination goes :D

Salvadora

The delusion.

You're just as bad if not worse.

I don't know why you're so desperate to have a go at me :lol.

Fabregas to Arsenal was a legitimate story, posted only last night in a real paper. The Arsenal first 11 was a FM style mock up with the players we've been linked with recently, meant in a clearly jovial way.

bjaelke

Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama has been congratulated by the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) for "making history by signing for Southampton".

Neither the Scottish champions nor the Saints have confirmed the completion of a £12m deal for the 22-year-old. But FKF president Sam Nyamweya has already welcomed the prospect of a Kenyan playing in England's top flight.

"As a federation, we are extremely thrilled with this move by Victor," he said on his organisation's website.

Lightning

Banned

Fabregas to Arsenal was a legitimate story, posted only last night in a real paper. The Arsenal first 11 was a FM style mock up with the players we've been linked with recently, meant in a clearly jovial way.
I heard Cesar is closer to joining Napoli now than us and we will go for either Suarez or Higuain not both. We are more likely to not get either.

I'm not sure what incentive Cesc has to give his best years of his career to us and Barca sure as hell not going to sell him to us for a pathetic £25m. The story is bullshit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Don't throw rocks at my UnitedBros if you live in a glass house. Let them have fun too. :p

Fabregas will never go back to Arsenal. Not in their current state at least.

I´m officially tired of Bruma. He is a disrespectful little cunt who is being manipulated by his agents. Sporting offered him, an 18 year old who played 10 senior games, the highest wage in the club, 1M€ a year, and he won´t sign because he wants another 1M signing bonus.

Oh come on, you buy a player he's suddenly the nicest guy in the world. You sell a player he's suddenly a traitor. That's bullshit man, but that's what the whole "Wahre Liebe" slogan is: marketing. Marketing of a company.

Few clubs seem to be as bitter and whiny as Dortmund when a player leaves. "Bu-bu-but... why is he leaving when he could make much more money, live in a better town and play at a better team? TRAITOR!!!! DIE! BREAK YOUR LEGS! Oh the guy that did the same is here now, what a classy guy."

Dortmund's behavior is almost schizophrenic. A company pretending to be a nice guy. Fucking Klopp compared Dortmund to Robin Hood for fuck's sake.

So, the whole club is hurt and doesn't say the most logical/smartest things when someone important leaves. Doesn't that show everyone loves the club?

Also, that's easy to say when your club doesn't really lose players. I don't like to imagine the things Hoeneß would say when say Schweinsteiger left for Real or something.

Haha, sorry to disapoint you but my love for Bayern goes even deeper than Blas ;)
The only club I really hate is 1860. Dortmund is fine I just dont like their bitching.

1860 is awesome. The best club in Munich :D

FootballFan

Can anyone recommend a site which only shows official transfers, no rumours and bullshit.

I want to click on a team and see who they have signed/sold so far.

Salvadora

I heard Cesar is closer to joining Napoli now than us and we will go for either Suarez or Higuain not both. We are more likely to not get either.

I'm not sure what incentive Cesc has to give his best years of his career to us and Barca sure as hell not going to sell him to us for a pathetic £25m. The story is bullshit.
To be fair Lightning, me and Hitch posted some reasons last night :p

One of the biggest is that his girlfriend and daughter live in London, and he's recently bought the family home.
Don't throw rocks at my UnitedBros if you live in a glass house. Let them have fun too. :p

Or Suarez

Or..

Ugh.

Can't even be fucked.

Lightning

Banned

Yeah yeah yeah... Only 10m nobodies will want to join a relegation club like Arsenal...

To be fair Lightning, me and Hitch posted some reasons last night :p

One of the biggest is that his girlfriend and daughter live in London, and he's recently bought the family home.
You know me I want Cesc back at Arsenal more than anything. It's just I don't think this story has any credibility whatsoever.

But from what I've heard Cesc does keep in contact with Wenger so if anyone knows what's going on with Cesc it will be Wenger.

spidye

Haha, sorry to disapoint you but my love for Bayern goes even deeper than Blas ;)
The only club I really hate is 1860. Dortmund is fine I just dont like their bitching.

Oh come on, you buy a player he's suddenly the nicest guy in the world. You sell a player he's suddenly a traitor. That's bullshit man, but that's what the whole "Wahre Liebe" slogan is: marketing. Marketing of a company.

Few clubs seem to be as bitter and whiny as Dortmund when a player leaves. "Bu-bu-but... why is he leaving when he could make much more money, live in a better town and play at a better team? TRAITOR!!!! DIE! BREAK YOUR LEGS! Oh the guy that did the same is here now, what a classy guy."

Dortmund's behavior is almost schizophrenic. A company pretending to be a nice guy. Fucking Klopp compared Dortmund to Robin Hood for fuck's sake.

you are quickly becoming my favorite posters

to quote FF

HHNNNNNGHHHHH

I´m officially tired of Bruma. He is a disrespectful little cunt who is being manipulated by his agents. Sporting offered him, an 18 year old who played 10 senior games, the highest wage in the club, 1M€ a year, and he won´t sign because he wants another 1M signing bonus.

the whole thing it's kinda hilarious. he's probably gonna end up on a major team and Sporting won't see a dime.

FootballFan

There's only one 'slogan' that is genuine in football. més que un club.

Klopp is the man.

There'll be meltdowns if we go another summer without signing a good central midfielder.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/thiago-not-joining-manchester-united-take-it-with-a-pinch-of-salthttp://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/thiago-not-joining-manchester-united-take-it-with-a-pinch-of-salt

Yesterday evening, news on Twitter filtered through that Spanish radio station Cadena COPE were reporting Thiago’s imminent arrival in Munich, with talks of an agreement having already been reached. An article appeared on their website, summarising what had been said, with the title “Bayern Munich, Thiago’s possible destination”.

Firstly, the title doesn’t suggest that an agreement has been reached, especially with the use of the word “possible” Secondly, the article’s opening paragraph uses a very important conditional, saying that the player “could have” already signed an agreement of €4m/year with the German club. Finally, and possibly most importantly, the article mentions that Mazinho and Pere Guardiola were unavailable for comment, leaving this entire story open, with no official confirmation available.

However, when listening to the talk show where the information for the article had come from, it is difficult not to be incredibly sceptical about the story.

The talk show opens with the Thiago breaking news. Juanma Castaño, guest journalist invited on the show to divulge the information starts to talk: “This is from a very credible source, a source that is, let’s say, directly linked to the footballer”. So far, so good.

“First we have been told that Thiago Alcantara’s future is not at Barcelona. Second, we have been told the club he has chosen. The club Thiago has chosen is Bayern Munich. There are various factors. There have been several offers on the table, from Manchester United and from Real Madrid. Then, there’s the one from Bayern Munich. The bid from Real Madrid was rejected because Thiago does not want to close any door on a return to Barcelona in the future. Therefore the two offers on the table were from Bayern Munich and Manchester United. Thiago considered both closely. He knew that there were several players in his position at Bayern Munich, but he was told by Pep Guardiola on the phone that he was moving Javi Martinez to centre back, in a similar fashion to what Bielsa did with him at Athletic Bilbao. I’m being told that the deal is absolutely closed and can be completed in a matter of hours.”

Again, as far as we know, this could be entirely correct. However, Castaño’s next few words are incredibly strange: “I would be very cautious about what I’ve just said because of what normally happens in these summer stories. All this makes me panic a bit, talking about breaking news”.

Excuse me?

Why would a journalist panic about revealing breaking transfer news? Especially when he has been invited on the radio show for that sole purpose.

At this point, the talk show’s presenter hastily interrupts Juanma Castaño and passes the baton to another journalist, Manolo Lama, who goes on to reveal what his sources have told him.

Manolo begins by emphasising that he believes the news because Castaño has reported it and that he trusts he trusts Juanma’s sources. Talking about his personal source, he mentions that they are very close to the board of directors at Barcelona and that they had assured him and Cadena COPE that Thiago would end up at Bayern Munich next season, especially after Pep Guardiola said in his presentation press conference at Bayern Munich that no one would leave Barcelona unless they were kicked out.

At this point, Castaño returns to reiterate that the information he has been given does not include Guardiola’s or Mazinho’s opinions. He finishes by saying: “This is what they tell me. It’s decided. It could be closed. The destination is Bayern Munich. He’ll earn €4m/year”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom