• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Well that's fucked.

Eight midfielders in Bayern's first team looooool. Hope they go the way of Barcelona and turn into egotistical cunts hated by the entire world and destroyed in a season or two so I can feast on Blablurn's tears that have soaked into his Pacific Rim t shirt

I share your pain Man U bro's.

We lost out on Kevin Davies to Preston North End yesterday.

Didnt even know he'd left Bolton, what the fuck

FFFUUUUU

Who do we go for now. There are many DM options but creative CMs seem hard to find right now.

I genuinely think Thiago is the best young one out there right now, bar Gundogan so I can only see us getting somebody worse.

Yeah, only way is down from here. Think we'll get Fellaini now. Good player, he'll do well for us. Not the same of course, but still

D_prOdigy

tumblr_lkl6smIpb91qbroyg.gif

It's time to step up, Nick.

Fuck Bayern.

Yeah, only way is down from here. Think we'll get Fellaini now. Good player, he'll do well for us. Not the same of course, but still
Yep.

As I said on the previous page we need to start catching up to the best teams in Europe but now were just losing the best young players to them.

Not good. We could sign Fellaini and maybe still win the PL - but that's not gonna help us beat the best teams like Bayern, Dortmund, Barca etc.

FootballFan

I wonder how Barca fans feel. They just got destroyed by Bayern and Bayern just stole their baby.

Nah, they are just borrowing him, Pep will make sure of that. Sergi Roberto is fantastic too, not as good, but he is very talented.

As for getting thrashed, that doesn't really change how it feels, we beat them 5-1 in 2009, doubt they hated us for it. Simply better.

Wilbur

Banned
Yep.

As I said on the previous page we need to start catching up to the best teams in Europe but now were just losing the best young players to them.

Not good. We could sign Fellaini and maybe still win the PL - but that's not gonna help us beat the best teams like Bayern, Dortmund, Barca etc.

Real hegemony at the top now in terms of Europe. Not one superstar's joined this year. Falcao, Thiago, Cavani off elsewhere. Tevez has left the league. James and Moutinho, Isco, Götze... all players that English clubs have been linked with time and time again, and none of them are playing in England.

We've got some catching up to do, and that looks pretty fucking impossible.

LeBoef

Well that's fucked.

Eight midfielders in Bayern's first team looooool. Hope they go the way of Barcelona and turn into egotistical cunts hated by the entire world and destroyed in a season or two so I can feast on Blablurn's tears that have soaked into his Pacific Rim t shirt

urm, always thought the whole world already hates those bastard bayerns

wanting a player doesn't necessarily mean he will come too
Pep just played the most perfect move.

All in one he made it clear he wants Thiago, he wants him to play CM and doesn't want anybody else.

Makes it clear to Thiago he wants him badly and to Bayern that they have to get him, or they're letting the manager down.

Either he is super confident or going for a Hail Mary, it's almost certainly the former.

Well, it's all down to Thiago isn't it?

But come on, if you had Bastian and Muller on one side and Anderson and Evra on the other: which would you join?

K1LLER7

Every summer, we miss out on a player to the club that won the Champion League.

Sanchez > Barca
Hazard > Chelsea
Thiago > Bayern

Kenka

And again, as a Sport1 reporter said, if Dortmund fights with bow and arrow, then Basel is fighting with...a stone?
Basel are actually quite a wealthy and well managed club. Sports-wise, they are a good mid-tier European club like Lyon, Stuttgart, Valencia or Ajax.

Had they had decent domestic TV money in addition, they would be a quite a force. Dortmund on the other hand will record revenue around 250M€ this fiscal year so I don't think any of the analogies work in that case. Dortmund is a behemoth and Basel is a solid golem.

Wilbur

Banned
We should bid for Kroos. Pls

urm, always thought the whole world already hates those bastard bayerns

Nope, people haven't cottoned on yet. Everyone in the media is having a German love affair. Wait until they put Chelsea out with three offside goals and two unfair red cards, the English press will leap to Mou's aid

Nah, they are just borrowing him, Pep will make sure of that. Sergi Roberto is fantastic too, not as good, but he is very talented.

As for getting thrashed, that doesn't really change how it feels, we beat them 5-1 in 2009, doubt they hated us for it. Simply better.

Borrowing him while they skull fuck Barca for the next few years.

ivJN8KVont2jG.gif

He's a lying cunt too. He asked for Nerman first so Thiago isn't the one he only wants.

This doesn't make Kroos any more or less available.

If Martinez goes to CB and Thiago steps into CM the numbers in the squad are the same.

Bayern would be nuts to sell Kroos, ain't gonna happen.

FootballFan

----------------------------------NEUER--------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---LAHM--------MARTINEZ---------DANTE-------ALABA----------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------SCHWEINICUNT-----------------------------
-ROBBEN------THIAGO--------------GOATSE---------RIBERY--
----------------------------------MULLER------------------------------------

BENCH: SHAQIRI, MANDZUKIC, GUSTAVO, KROOS, ETC.

LEWANDOWSKI SOON TOO.

FUCK BAYERN.

<3

Blablurn

We should bid for Kroos. Pls

Nope, people haven't cottoned on yet. Everyone in the media is having a German love affair. Wait until they put Chelsea out with three offside goals and two unfair red cards, the English press will leap to Mou's aid
i dont think kroos wants to go to a small club

FootballFan

Borrowing him while they skull fuck Barca for the next few years.

ivJN8KVont2jG.gif

He's a lying cunt too. He asked for Nerman first so Thiago isn't the one he only wants.

I don't think he lied about NeyGOD, there was no convincing him, he wanted Barca and not even Madrid's 100m+ could convince him.

Wilbur

Banned
i dont think kroos wants to go to a small club

659m fans, Bla. No one actually liked German football teams. Apart from Dortmund, the Robin Hood of football.

You'll appreciate that when your Maid Mario fucking flops in the false nine position and ends up resigning Bayern to second place

sohois

Real hegemony at the top now in terms of Europe. Not one superstar's joined this year. Falcao, Thiago, Cavani off elsewhere. Tevez has left the league. James and Moutinho, Isco, Götze... all players that English clubs have been linked with time and time again, and none of them are playing in England.

We've got some catching up to do, and that looks pretty fucking impossible.

On the other hand you have teams like Norwich, Southampton & Swansea making some real impressive moves in the transfer market. Whilst top teams in other leagues hover up all the talent at least the Premier League will remain an interesting, competitive league and not a joke

Blablurn

659m fans, Bla. No one actually liked German football teams. Apart from Dortmund, the Robin Hood of football.

You'll appreciate that when your Maid Mario fucking flops in the false nine position and ends up resigning Bayern to second place

i thought u recognize a troll when u see one.

How did Götze "fuck off at the first best chance"? It was a now-or-never moment, both with a new trainer coming and the fixed sum that was running out. And again, what do you expect when you buy players that do the exact same thing (Reus, Mkharyan, Aubameyang)?

It's okay if it goes one way? Oh come on. No idea why Kagawa wasn't as hated, he did the same thing:

I guess Kagawa's limited success at United calmed Dortmund fans down. Or maybe it's because he was essentially the first "big" player to leave you. You were high and actually started to believe the marketing, only to realize that you're nothing special.
A now-or-never moment hahaha, you can't possibly believe this. Götze was stupid enough to believe this but he's a dumbass. He could have left next year for the same price (maybe even less) and Bayern would have called again.

And no, I can't remember that Kagawa quote and I'm pretty sure I would. The other stuff you posted about him is ridiculous. "He was our best player but now he's shit so we're okay with it.", that doesn't make sense. And he wasn't our first "big" player to leave us, it was Sahin...

wanting a player doesn't necessarily mean he will come too

Haha, sure, only depends on how much Pep wants him.

Also lol Pep, "the only player I want"? What's with Götze you ass...

Tc91

Moyes: "I won't talk about players at other clubs, I dont think it is right, but I can tell you we're out there trying to do some business."

Pep Guardiola: "Thiago is the only player I want, that's what I told them. It&#8217;ll be him or no one."

Moyes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom