• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pep just said he wants Thiago and has asked Bayern to get him.

It's over bros.

My most sincere condolences. Still, Darron Gibson is pretty good.

If United losing Thiago comes down to price, they're just as bad as Liverpool.

It's never a question of price with United. They could easily afford Thiago. More likely it came down to little bits and pieces like agent fees, release clauses, etc. United don't like doing that stuff. They should have got this done weeks ago.

Aw mannnnn.

Thiago was a nice chance to get one of the top young players in Europe.

We were already way behind the best teams in Europe, this doesn't help.

The whole club shows their real face. They don't actually like their players, they don't have respect for them or their accomplishments, they show no gratitude. Instead the very moment you do for another club what players have done for BVB you're the villain.

It's the whole bullshit shtick that Dortmund (as a club) is doing. The Robin Hood comment, the interview before the CL finale, it's all just one big marketing fuck. It's a club playing a role and the moment things don't follow their script they flip their shit and show their real face.

I don't hate Dortmund and I have a lot of respect for the sensational development of the club and its players over the past few years. What bothers me is how Dortmund presents itself.

No, I don't agree. Look at Shinji, it was clear from the beginning he wants to go to United. He acted fair and everything was done smooth, he's still loved.

Now look at the other "bad" transfers. Sahin, said "the fans know how I'll decide", everyone thought he'd stay and the next week he's gone. Götze, said "I'm very happy in Dortmund and want to stay here" for like years and fucks off a the first best chance. Lewandowski, acting like a cunt, hard to argue that lol.

If the players play it fair and don't act like cunts, it's okay. Otherwise, what a surprise, it isn't.

That Robin Hood comment, is also just media shit. Klopp basically only said "we have smaller weapons than Bayern but we can hurt them" and they made a big story out of it, while it basically is the truth. Mkhitaryan or not, we can't afford to spend 40m on one player every transfer window.

Feorax

So are Bayern going 4-3-3 now?

Martinez holding, Thiago and Bastian pushing on. Could be interesting, but not sure how effective this would be in the Bundesliga.

EDIT:

@honigstein: "Thiago is the only player I want, that's what I told them"

@honigstein: "It'll be him or no one"

Yep, that should do it.

Salvadora

It's never a question of price with United. They could easily afford Thiago. More likely it came down to little bits and pieces like agent fees, release clauses, etc. United don't like doing that stuff. They should have got this done weeks ago.

That all falls under price, though.

What's a couple more million if it gets you a player of Thiago's calibre .

FootballFan

Secret Agent Pep will make sure to allow a buyback clause so he + Thiago can return in 2017.

Thiago is a fantastic young player, can't believe some of BarcaGAF argued with me, saying he is shit just because of a few mistakes. It's like people forgot how Busquets started out.

Thiago, go to Bayern so I can watch you on that new free channel that has the Chinese FA Cup and Bundesliga.

It´s kind of sad seeing an agent damage the career of young player. Bruma´s situation seems to be heading to court on a day where there was supposed to be a meeting to renew his contract. It´s been disgusting to see Bruma´s agent and his lawyer on the news every single day saying that Bruma wants to stay but there are offers on the table from other clubs. This is only showing Bruma on a very unprofessional light. He had already missed a meeting to talk about renewing his contract a month ago because he didn´t wake up.

FootballFan

So are Bayern going 4-3-3 now?

Martinez holding, Thiago and Bastian pushing on. Could be interesting, but not sure how effective this would be in the Bundesliga.

Martinez won't be holding, he'll be CB. This is Pep, and Martinez has experience there. No doubt.

Feorax

Ah, thanks guys. Did think 4-3-3 would be odd.

Not been a good couple of weeks for English clubs in the transfer market. I'm just glad we at least managed to fix our bench before it all went tits up.

phaze

Wait wut ? Thiago to Bayern ? Is that official ? I guess it's good to see MU missing out but Pep is really going for an overkill with that Bayern squad.

Pep has it so easy, the fucker.

tumblr_ljy477PjwD1qbhikco1_500.jpg

Even Confuziz can coach that team to a treble.

FFFUUUUU

Who do we go for now. There are many DM options but creative CMs seem hard to find right now.

I genuinely think Thiago is the best young one out there right now, bar Gundogan so I can only see us getting somebody worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom