• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he lied about NeyGOD, there was no convincing him, he wanted Barca and not even Madrid's 100m+ could convince him.

I know. I said he lied about Thiago being the one he wants, when he already made it clear he wanted Nerman the most.

#FuckPep
#GreedyPep

tumblr_mppu4j7HUg1r6jnjdo1_500.gif

Salvadora

Moyes: "I won't talk about players at other clubs, I dont think it is right, but I can tell you we're out there trying to do some business."

Pep Guardiola: "Thiago is the only player I want, that's what I told them. It’ll be him or no one."

Moyes out.

I think Moyes is in a trickier spot.

Obviously he's more respectful than Pep, but one word about Thiago out of his mouth and City/Chelsea will be circling like sharks.

spidye

Moyes: "I won't talk about players at other clubs, I dont think it is right, but I can tell you we're out there trying to do some business."

Pep Guardiola: "Thiago is the only player I want, that's what I told them. It’ll be him or no one."

Moyes out.

Manchester United
The true Gentlemen's Club

I think Moyes is in a trickier spot.

Obviously he's more respectful than Pep, but one word about Thiago out of his mouth and City/Chelsea will be circling like sharks.
What could he have said anyway?

There isn't a manager in the world who could match up to Pep in this deal.

There may well be other players who we miss out on cos of Moyes but Thiago isn't really gonna be one of them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is what you do after you win everything, you buy more good players.

Look what to happened to Inter.

The secret recipe to success in football?

Step 1: Take the helm of arguably the best club side ever, with arguably the best player ever, and dominate a two-team league and Europe. Result? You're seen as the source of tiki-taka and football domination.

Step 2: Join a big club with large financial resources. Buy out the talent in the league to ensure domestic domination, and use result of Step 1 to convince board to buy the best abroad. Result? All the success will be down to your seemingly magical talents of building a great team.

Step 3: Repeat.

Step 4: Join the Hall of Fame

Salvadora

What could he have said anyway?

There isn't a manager in the world who could match up to Pep in this deal.

There may well be other players who we miss out on cos of Moyes but Thiago isn't really gonna be one of them.
The Spanish seem to be swayed by public outbursts of affection, so you should have said something!

It looked like United had a huge head start on Bayern in the race, too.

qindarka

Banned
The secret recipe to success in football?

Step 1: Take the helm of arguably the best club side ever, with arguably the best player ever, and dominate a two-team league and Europe. Result? You're seen as the source of tiki-taka and football domination.

Step 2: Join a big club with large financial resources. Buy out the talent in the league to ensure domestic domination, and use result of Step 1 to convince board to buy the best abroad. Result? All the success will be down to your seemingly magical talents of building a great team.

Step 3: Repeat.

Step 4: Join the Hall of Fame

Oh come on. Pep was instrumental in creating that great Barca side, they were in disarray before he came in, finishing 3rd behind Villarreal.

Sounds like Pep is saying some shit about Rossell and Neymar too.

Eventful press conference lol

The Spanish seem to be swayed by public outbursts of affection, so you should have said something!

It looked like United had a huge head start on Bayern in the race, too.
We could have tried to do the deal quicker, yes.

I don't think any public comment would have changed things though.

Thiago to Bayern is ridiculous. I'm not saying it's a bad transfer but it could backfire easily.

In the best case, someone like Robben/Ribery/Müller will be benched permanently and there'll be a huge uproar at Bayern.

In the normal case, someone like Kroos/Gustavo/Shaqiri will be benched permanently and bail out next season without any fuzz.

Labadal

Reading that we are interested in Burak Yilmaz. I wouldn't say no to that deal if Suarez leaves. I know it's only a rumor but I did like what I saw in the CL.

Shaqiri can come over to us for a one year loan. I promise, he would be treated well.

Gambit

Thiago to Bayern is ridiculous. I'm not saying it's a bad transfer but it could backfire easily.

In the best case, someone like Robben/Ribery/Müller will be benched permanently and there'll be a huge uproar at Bayern.

In the normal case, someone like Kroos/Gustavo/Shaqiri will be benched permanently and bail out next season without any fuzz.

I agree that it could backfire. It makes me very wary of this transfer already.

My hope for this season was that Pep would finetune last season's system with minor adjustments, like improving Kroos, Martinez or Shaq.

Now everything's different.

GorillaJu

Oh god, the news is just music to my ears. City miss out on Isco, we miss out on Mkhitaryan, and now Utd miss out on Thiago.

---

ATTENTION!

I made a Google Doc with the calendar for pre-season schedule ahead of the next few weeks. All of the PL clubs are listed, except for a few games (since I ran out of space). I prioritized color highlighting for clubs that have numerous fans on FootyGaf and bold/italicized games that look interesting (like two PL clubs, or against another top league or CL team)

You can access it here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjhMCS5EKoxRdFNvTF84cENPU0dfeGsyZ3ljQUp5Wnc&usp=sharing

Would be nice to add to the OP. That way you guys can just look at available friendlies by the day instead of searching through every club's schedule to see if something will be on.

When you open the document, you need to click on the July or August tab, at the bottom. It will start you on January.

GorillaJu

Quoting myself for the new page. Please use this! And add it to the OP, Sleepless!

Oh god, the news is just music to my ears. City miss out on Isco, we miss out on Mkhitaryan, and now Utd miss out on Thiago.

---

ATTENTION!

I made a Google Doc with the calendar for pre-season schedule ahead of the next few weeks. All of the PL clubs are listed, except for a few games (since I ran out of space). I prioritized color highlighting for clubs that have numerous fans on FootyGaf and bold/italicized games that look interesting (like two PL clubs, or against another top league or CL team)

You can access it here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjhMCS5EKoxRdFNvTF84cENPU0dfeGsyZ3ljQUp5Wnc&usp=sharing

Would be nice to add to the OP. That way you guys can just look at available friendlies by the day instead of searching through every club's schedule to see if something will be on.

When you open the document, you need to click on the July or August tab, at the bottom. It will start you on January.

Feorax

I suppose, other than the obvious coefficient penalties, this is the price of PL clubs falling short in Europe. The league just isn't as attractive.

Inb4ChelseaEuropa.

bjaelke

The goal for Borussia Dortmund, is to reinforce and focus still at the top of European football. According to reports in Portugal, the German club have identified the Danish force at Fiorentina, Kenneth Zohore , the ideal qualities - as a young man with plenty of room for improvement - required by the technician Jürgen Klopp.
So he's just looking for shit players?

i'm definitely not holding a grudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom