• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for Suarez and Bale to stay, and Fabregas to move back to Arsenal. Helps the spread.

Man Utd - Van Persie, Rooney
Man City - Aguero, Toure
Chelsea - Mata, Hazard, Oscar
Arsenal - Fabregas, Cazorla
Spurs - Bale
Liverpool - Suarez, Coutinho, Henderson (lol) (lol) (lol)
Everton - Baines, Fellaini
Swansea - Michu

That's a nice little spread of quality players, no team is too stacked in comparison to the others on the list. Going by last season, City probably have the worst 'top' players of those on the list, which is a bit ridiculous considering the money they've spent.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When Vidal's contract runs until 2018, I'm going to breathe a deep sigh of relief and then dryhump my couch.

Render your manhood unto flames, accept the ritual flaying of your ranking mutant, and then immerse yourself in the polluted waters of the Isar until all your God ever loved in you is drained away.

tumblr_mpq81uGzCp1rtbkkjo6_r1_250.gif

I'd even add Torres to that list tbh, as laughable as that may seem.

Silva and Kagawa too.

There was personal opinion in there.

Torres will never be anywhere close to even title-winning class again, Kagawa has shown fuck all in England, and I think Silva is massively overrated. I also think Toure is similarly overrated, but he can turn on beast-mode at any time whereas Silva has been a bit of a nothing player for about 17 months now.

K1LLER7

That's probably the best confirmation you'll get that the deal is practically done. They're the ones who confirmed Mkhitaryan's move being imminent.

I've already deleted the Thiago gifs I saved for the big day.

Moyes better sign a top midfielder, even if it means we don't sign Baines.

K1LLER7

Kagawa has that Japanese star power, but I think he'd need a season in the league to solidify his position.

Most definitely regarding Silva. Just a shame we don't have any Messi/Ronaldo 'best in the world' style players.

It's a shame Bebe never got his chance

Jack cw

Everyone was saying this last week.

Kicker only posts such things if their sources are rocksolid. They are the most credible magazine in Germany. Peps brother is Thiagos agent, Bayerns bosses are already preparing the deal, so yeah Thiago signing is just a matter of days.

Did anyone else find it difficult to motivate themselves to start a new game after finishing TLoU?

I've had about 3 nights in a row where I've been meaning to start something, and ended up just watching TV

@dc, how's XCOM going? Am I dead yet?

Wilbur

Banned
Martínez
Götze
Müller
Luiz Gustavo
Schweinsteiger
Kroos
Emre Can
Thiago Alcântara

...Overkill?

Martinez will play CB and Boateng will cover him. Thiago-Schweini will be covered by Gustavo-Can. Ribery covered by Shaqiri, Muller by Robben, Kroos by Götze who will mostly be upfront and covered by Mandzukic, until next year when Lewa comes in and Kroos leaves.

4-2-3-1 kind of ting

GorillaJu

Kagawa has that Japanese star power, but I think he'd need a season in the league to solidify his position.

Most definitely regarding Silva. Just a shame we don't have any Messi/Ronaldo 'best in the world' style players.

? Didn't you see Hitcher's list? Henderson is on it, bruh

Feorax

He's a good striker. Any ideas of what his price might be?

Probably somewhere between £15 to £20 million at a guess. Could be off there, haven't seen that much of him.

Isn't he a massive one-season wonder thus far?

To a degree, the same could be said for Suarez. He was good in the Eredivisie, but last season was the only prolific season he's had for us, and he's been here since Jan 2011.

Football-Italia said:
Milan vice-President Adriano Galliani will meet with Antonio Candreva’s agent to discuss a possible move.

Il Tempo have claimed that the Rossoneri are keen on the 26-year-old and will look to make a move within the next few weeks.

Negotiations may take longer than usual however, because the Italy international is currently owned by both Udinese and Lazio.

The Zebrette and the capital club both own 50 per cent of the 26-year-old, which means Massimiliano Allegri’s men will have to agree fees with the duo

Totally called that Milan would be going for Candreva. My bet is they snap up Udinese's 50% as they'll be quite keen to cash in now that he's a hot ticket and buy the next young thing.

Edit: Yurt, is that Del Piero in Juve-Lazio two years ago? Feels

GorillaJu

I'd rather Bernard, personally, but Yilmaz was good in the CL.

Here United fans, when the Thiago move is official, you can all post this picture instead of your Thiago gifs

RjAMGxc.jpg

kharma45

Pity about Thiago. Was nice for a while to think we could've had an exciting player again in midfield but oh we'll, hope Kagawa can come good this year.

Can't blame him if he does go there, they're probably the best team in Europe and have one of the best coaches.

Hixx

Some movement on the Huddlestone to SAFC story today. £5m bid widely reported to have been accepted though we want him to take a pay cut (he's apparently on £40k a week) to join and a few sources aren't too sure he would agree to that; others are even questioning his ability to pass a medical. So this could be Peruzzi part deux.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte:"Giaccherini was valued, they offered him an important contract. I'm happy for him but unhappy for me"

Well played. <3

Totally called that Milan would be going for Candreva. My bet is they snap up Udinese's 50% as they'll be quite keen to cash in now that he's a hot ticket and buy the next young thing.

Edit: Yurt, is that Del Piero in Juve-Lazio two years ago? Feels

Yes :(

I think his logic is.

1. Madrid want to keep Higuain, and not sell him to us.

2. Madrid therefore not overly keen on Suarez at this moment.

3. We need a striker.

4. Buy Suarez.

Whilst forgetting at the time that we really aren't going to want to strengthen you guys when, at this moment in time at least, you are the most likely team to drop out of the top 4 spots that we want so badly.

That aside, I wonder if the Thiago money will be used for Reina?

Or

They want el pipita cheaper.

AS Roma home kit 2013/14

maglia-roma-2013-2014.jpg

That's beautiful, do want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom